PDA

View Full Version : Bills' same weaknesses linger

The_Philster
08-16-2004, 08:07 AM
It's tempting, I must admit. Willis McGahee played his first NFL game Sunday night, and he looked good. He ran hard. He touched the ball six times in a row during one second-quarter drive. He scored the Bills' first preseason touchdown. The crowd loved it. It was fresh. It was exciting, a newsworthy start to the interminable preseason.
I could fan the flames, feed the beast, carry on about a running back controversy. We all know it's bound to blow up sooner or later. There simply aren't enough carries to keep McGahee and Travis Henry happy over the long haul. As the season wears on, it'll become an increasingly touchy issue, especially if the team isn't winning....more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040816/1053831.asp)

Tatonka
08-16-2004, 10:12 AM
"They had eight or nine in the box," said left tackle Jonas Jennings. "John Lynch (the strong safety) was up. That's why the passing game was open. I always preach about taking what they give us. They were giving us the passes, and we were able to move the ball."

what the hell game was he watching??

Tatonka
08-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Rookie J.P. Losman had a smashing debut, completing all five of his passes and rushing three times for 37 yards. Losman has one quality Bledsoe sorely lacks - the ability to move in the pocket and escape trouble. He might be ready to take over sooner than expected. It's hard to imagine Bledsoe staying upright for another whole season behind this O-line. "

:snicker:

Mr. Cynical
08-16-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
Rookie J.P. Losman had a smashing debut, completing all five of his passes and rushing three times for 37 yards. Losman has one quality Bledsoe sorely lacks - the ability to move in the pocket and escape trouble. He might be ready to take over sooner than expected. It's hard to imagine Bledsoe staying upright for another whole season behind this O-line. "

:snicker:

:up:

Historian
08-16-2004, 01:56 PM
I thought they looked great last night, considering it was PSG #1, and Denver is a formidable opponent.

I saw a spring in their step last night that has been sorely missing over the last three seasons.

Turnovers! When was the last time we had two pic in a game, much less in one quarter.

Mularkey has a decisiveness about him while he's on the sideline. He wears a headset, (that should make some of you very happy) and doesn't need a man-bra. (that should make the rest of us happy)

The D was very good, Special teams were excellent, and the O was effective enough to win.

Not a lot of panache, but I'll take 16 of them!

ShadowHawk7
08-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Billsology
and doesn't need a man-bra. (that should make the rest of us happy)

Most of us at least. :snicker: