X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bills' same weaknesses linger

It's tempting, I must admit. Willis McGahee played his first NFL game Sunday night, and he looked good. He ran hard. He touched the ball six times in a row during one second-quarter drive. He scored the Bills' first preseason touchdown. The crowd loved it. It was fresh. It was exciting, a newsworthy start to the interminable preseason.
    I could fan the flames, feed the beast, carry on about a running back controversy. We all know it's bound to blow up sooner or later. There simply aren't enough carries to keep McGahee and Travis Henry happy over the long haul. As the season wears on, it'll become an increasingly touchy issue, especially if the team isn't winning.
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

"They had eight or nine in the box," said left tackle Jonas Jennings. "John Lynch (the strong safety) was up. That's why the passing game was open. I always preach about taking what they give us. They were giving us the passes, and we were able to move the ball."

what the hell game was he watching??
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

Rookie J.P. Losman had a smashing debut, completing all five of his passes and rushing three times for 37 yards. Losman has one quality Bledsoe sorely lacks - the ability to move in the pocket and escape trouble. He might be ready to take over sooner than expected. It's hard to imagine Bledsoe staying upright for another whole season behind this O-line. "

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
        Rookie J.P. Losman had a smashing debut, completing all five of his passes and rushing three times for 37 yards. Losman has one quality Bledsoe sorely lacks - the ability to move in the pocket and escape trouble. He might be ready to take over sooner than expected. It's hard to imagine Bledsoe staying upright for another whole season behind this O-line. "

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

I thought they looked great last night, considering it was PSG #1, and Denver is a formidable opponent.

I saw a spring in their step last night that has been sorely missing over the last three seasons.

Turnovers! When was the last time we had two pic in a game, much less in one quarter.

Mularkey has a decisiveness about him while he's on the sideline. He wears a headset, (that should make some of you very happy) and doesn't need a man-bra. (that should make the rest of us happy)

The D was very good, Special teams were excellent, and the O was effective enough to win.

Not a lot of panache, but I'll take 16 of them!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
            Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Billsology
            and doesn't need a man-bra. (that should make the rest of us happy)
            Most of us at least.
            "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
            X