PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one...

lordofgun
08-16-2004, 09:25 AM
...who hates Terrell Davis now?

Dude, you're calling an NFL game, not reminiscing about your stupid career.

LOG:fish:Terrell Davis

Earthquake Enyart
08-16-2004, 09:28 AM
"No other back could have done that.....except me" :eek:

Jan Reimers
08-16-2004, 09:29 AM
No. Sign me up. And I'll join the "Kenny Albert has all the charisma of a stump" club, too.

Michael82
08-16-2004, 09:30 AM
I don't know what you are talking about. I was in Buffalo watching the game at the Ralph and enjoying being able to see Willis McGahee get his first EVER NFL touchdown right in front of me. :D

Earthquake Enyart
08-16-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
...who hates Terrell Davis now?

Dude, you're calling an NFL game, not reminiscing about your stupid career.

LOG:fish:Terrell Davis

It was all explained when they interviewed Pat Bolen. He's in charge of the NFL TV committee :cynic: Probably got TD a job.

Jan Reimers
08-16-2004, 09:32 AM
. . . And Dan Fouts didn't exactly distinguish himself, but he was better than the other 2 stiffs in the booth with him.

Jan Reimers
08-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
I don't know what you are talking about. I was in Buffalo watching the game at the Ralph and enjoying being able to see Willis McGahee get his first EVER NFL touchdown right in front of me. :D

I usually make only 1 preseason game, given the length of my drive.

But I may come to both in the future, rather than subjecting myself to the three stooges who were calling the game.

Michael82
08-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I usually make only 1 preason game, given the length of my drive.
But I may come to both in the future, rather than subjecting myself to the three stooges who were calling the game.

Damn, I didn't know it was that bad. I figured Davis would be a terrible choice. I'm still waiting to see how that loud mouth, Shannon Sharpe does. :eek:

Jan Reimers
08-16-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Damn, I didn't know it was that bad. I figured Davis would be a terrible choice. I'm still waiting to see how that loud mouth, Shannon Sharpe does. :eek:

They - or at least Albert - were trying real hard to start a Travis/Willis controversy, Davis was blowing his has-been horn, Fouts was failing at his attempts to be funny, and stone faced Albert looked like he was munching a s*** sandwich most of the evening.

lordofgun
08-16-2004, 12:08 PM
No way he should make the HOF, but he probably will. Good thing I don't care about it.

Earthquake Enyart
08-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
No way he should make the HOF, but he probably will. Good thing I don't care about it.

They were whining about how John Elway is the only Bronco in the HOF.

No way Davis should be in before Floyd Little or Randy Gradishar.

Tatonka
08-16-2004, 12:19 PM
if gale sayers is in there.. then TD should be.. he had a better career than sayers.

lordofgun
08-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
if gale sayers is in there.. then TD should be.. he had a better career than sayers.

Dude, we all saw that several times last night. No need to repeat it.

TD lover.

Tatonka
08-16-2004, 12:20 PM
:mad:

Hater.

Tatonka
08-16-2004, 12:23 PM
want me to post a list of the sorry sacks that didnt get to see it?

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51933

:snicker:

Earthquake Enyart
08-16-2004, 12:23 PM
TD couldn't hold Gayle Sayres jockstrap.

Screw TD. Every POS RB gets 1000 yards. Even Olandis Gary. :down:

Iehoshua
08-16-2004, 12:24 PM
Excerpt of Davis' commentary last night:
"I could've done that... yeah that was a great move! Most backs can't do that, but I could have... Wow no one could've done that!. except me.. "

Yeah TDavis, shaddup! If you can do all this why not un-retire! Looks like your Broncos could use another back, especially a back who can do absolutely anything and everything!!

lordofgun
08-16-2004, 12:28 PM
I don't care that he played special teams and had to earn his way into the starting RB spot. No one cares, TD.

tomdonahoe
08-16-2004, 12:34 PM
I don't know if anyone else noticed this but Kenny Albert never blinks. It is very strange; if anyone has the game taped or on Tivo, check him out when they have the camera on them in the booth. He never blinks once! Its the strangest thing.

BillyT92679
08-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Terrell Davis is the most overrated running back of the last 25 years, maybe even the most overrated player of that period.