PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think that Rashad Baker might be the FS we have been looking for?

Michael82
08-16-2004, 10:15 AM
Seriously, he has dominated in Training Camp. He has about 8 interceptions thru camp and is a solid cover DB. I'm beginning to think that the Coy Wire test at FS is over and Wire will go back to SS and backup Milloy. Reese and Baker will fight for the starting FS and if Baker keeps it up, he might steal the job. He has all the tools and could be the missing link. :up:

Jan Reimers
08-16-2004, 10:21 AM
It's early, but he looked terrific last night. He seems to have good cover skills and the willingness to hit.

The_Philster
08-16-2004, 10:27 AM
If he continues to play like this, I think we'll be looking at this for safeties
SS Milloy
SS Prioleau

FS Reese
FS Wire
FS Baker

Michael82
08-16-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
It's early, but he looked terrific last night. He seems to have good cover skills and the willingness to hit.

Oh yeah! I agree. I'd love to see Baker get more reps with the 2nd team defense next week and maybe the 1st team by the 3rd game.

Michael82
08-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
If he continues to play like this, I think we'll be looking at this for safeties
SS Milloy
SS Prioleau

FS Reese
FS Wire
FS Baker

We can't afford to keep 5 Ss on the team. I'm predicting Prioleau is gone. He has shown nothing at camp and even in the game. And if you lose Prioleau...you gotta move Wire back to SS, where he belongs.

SS Lawyer Milloy, Coy Wire
FS Izell Reese, Rashad Baker (Baker could take this by midseason if given the chance)

The_Philster
08-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
We can't afford to keep 5 DBs on the team. I'm predicting Prioleau is gone. He has shown nothing at camp and even in the game. And if you lose Prioleau...you gotta move Wire back to SS, where he belongs.

SS Lawyer Milloy, Coy Wire
FS Izell Reese, Rashad Baker (Baker could take this by midseason if given the chance)
Yeah...I was tempted to put that down as well...I really didn't see much out of Pierson last night. Only thing is, I want to see Baker do this again Saturday night (have a good game) before I'll think he can bump Prioleau off the roster. But I like what I saw out of the kid last night :up:

ryjam282
08-16-2004, 10:31 AM
I agree, I hope he continues this play. He is a hitter.

Michael82
08-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Yeah...I was tempted to put that down as well...I really didn't see much out of Pierson last night. Only thing is, I want to see Baker do this again Saturday night (have a good game) before I'll think he can bump Prioleau off the roster. But I like what I saw out of the kid last night :up:

I agree! But like I said...Baker has been a beast all training camp, and then at the scrimmage and now in the game. Let's hope he can keep it up on Saturday. If he does...

:bigwave: Prioleau

Tatonka
08-16-2004, 10:35 AM
i am not giving up on wire yet.. i almost hate to see him move back.. the guy is getting moved around like a rag doll..

"hey thanks for working your tail off for the last year trying to be a FS, after you just finished learning the SS spot on the fly as a rookie..

oh yeah.. we are moving you back to SS... you will never start a game before you contract expires.. good luck with the team that signs and gives you a starting gig."

totally wasted 3rd round pick. shame.

Tatonka
08-16-2004, 10:39 AM
prioleau's name is way to hard to spell.. so i am in favor of cutting him too.. even though he is my alum.

The_Philster
08-16-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
prioleau's name is way to hard to spell.. so i am in favor of cutting him too.. even though he is my alum.

:lol:

justasportsfan
08-16-2004, 10:43 AM
I'm not givng up on Wire but it isn't looking good for him. We like him because he can hit....so can Baker.

The_Philster
08-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I'm not givng up on Wire but it isn't looking good for him. We like him because he can hit....so can Baker.

Thing is, Baker can cover as well

Tatonka
08-16-2004, 10:49 AM
i am all for anyone other than reese.. honestly i would rather keep prioleau as a back up SS..

and see wire and baker fight it out.

justasportsfan
08-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Thing is, Baker can cover as well on pass coverage, he seems to be way better than Wire.

I'd be happy if Wire=Tasker. Unless teams start to make lateral passes (Music city) , Coy wouldn't have to worry about pass coverage at ST.

The_Philster
08-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I'd be happy if Wire=Tasker. Unless teams start to make lateral passes (Music city) , Coy wouldn't have to worry about pass coverage at ST.

He was looking pretty good as a special teams ace at times in 2003 :up:

ShadowHawk7
08-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Reese had a decent to good game. He wasn't burned at all, and made the tackles when he needed to. I think he played very good coverage. Speaking of Baker, it will certainly be interesting to watch him this preseason. If he steps up, I think PP will be the odd man out.

bentleystyleD
12-02-2004, 02:43 AM
Hi:

I am new to the board but late to this discussion. Rashad is a tough-hitter who is in the right position a tremendous percentage of the time for someone his age. IMO he is an upgrade already with a very bright future. I feel bad for him on that PI call vs. New England, he didnt deserve a 43- yard penalty.

Peace,

BentleyD

Mr. Cynical
12-02-2004, 02:53 AM
I'd be happy if Wire=Tasker.
If he would be willing to do that I think it would be a great thing. There is no doubting his engine, speed, fire and hitting ability. If he could accept a permanent ST captain role, we'd really have something solid there IMO.

Jan Reimers
12-02-2004, 06:14 AM
Seriously, he has dominated in Training Camp. He has about 8 interceptions thru camp and is a solid cover DB. I'm beginning to think that the Coy Wire test at FS is over and Wire will go back to SS and backup Milloy. Reese and Baker will fight for the starting FS and if Baker keeps it up, he might steal the job. He has all the tools and could be the missing link. :up:
Mikey, you couldn't have called it any better.

Tatonka
12-02-2004, 07:23 AM
reese has played his last down as a buffalo bill starter.

TigerJ
12-02-2004, 08:47 AM
I'm getting more comfortable with the idea that Baker could be the long term answer at FS. I'm not quite there yet.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2004, 08:53 AM
The guy was totally burned in the Oakland game and hasn't stood out to me much at all.

Michael82
12-02-2004, 08:59 AM
Mikey, you couldn't have called it any better.
Thanks man! That's what is so great about seeing the players for a month in training camp as they develop. :dance:

justasportsfan
12-02-2004, 09:05 AM
Thanks man! That's what is so great about seeing the players for a month in training camp as they develop. :dance:remember when he flattened a TE at camp? Was that Campbell or Euhus? He had to be helped off the field after Baker nailed him. I think Baker could be the 2nd coming of Shultz in the hit department.

Tatonka
12-02-2004, 09:58 AM
The guy was totally burned in the Oakland game and hasn't stood out to me much at all.

wow.. imagine that.. a rookie got totally burnt on one play in his first game ever in the nfl.. and has played well since..

he is gonna blow for sure.

:loser:

Michael82
12-02-2004, 09:59 AM
remember when he flattened a TE at camp? Was that Campbell or Euhus? He had to be helped off the field after Baker nailed him. I think Baker could be the 2nd coming of Shultz in the hit department.
Yeah, I remember that. I think it was Euhus. It was great. :clap: