Anyone else think that Rashad Baker might be the FS we have been looking for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Anyone else think that Rashad Baker might be the FS we have been looking for?

Seriously, he has dominated in Training Camp. He has about 8 interceptions thru camp and is a solid cover DB. I'm beginning to think that the Coy Wire test at FS is over and Wire will go back to SS and backup Milloy. Reese and Baker will fight for the starting FS and if Baker keeps it up, he might steal the job. He has all the tools and could be the missing link.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

It's early, but he looked terrific last night. He seems to have good cover skills and the willingness to hit.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

If he continues to play like this, I think we'll be looking at this for safeties
      SS Milloy
      SS Prioleau

FS Reese
      FS Wire
      FS Baker
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        It's early, but he looked terrific last night. He seems to have good cover skills and the willingness to hit.
        Oh yeah! I agree. I'd love to see Baker get more reps with the 2nd team defense next week and maybe the 1st team by the 3rd game.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
          If he continues to play like this, I think we'll be looking at this for safeties
          SS Milloy
          SS Prioleau

FS Reese
          FS Wire
          FS Baker
          We can't afford to keep 5 Ss on the team. I'm predicting Prioleau is gone. He has shown nothing at camp and even in the game. And if you lose Prioleau...you gotta move Wire back to SS, where he belongs.

SS Lawyer Milloy, Coy Wire
          FS Izell Reese, Rashad Baker (Baker could take this by midseason if given the chance)

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
            We can't afford to keep 5 DBs on the team. I'm predicting Prioleau is gone. He has shown nothing at camp and even in the game. And if you lose Prioleau...you gotta move Wire back to SS, where he belongs.

SS Lawyer Milloy, Coy Wire
            FS Izell Reese, Rashad Baker (Baker could take this by midseason if given the chance)
            Yeah...I was tempted to put that down as well...I really didn't see much out of Pierson last night. Only thing is, I want to see Baker do this again Saturday night (have a good game) before I'll think he can bump Prioleau off the roster. But I like what I saw out of the kid last night
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ryjam282
              Offical Billszone Starting QB
              • Mar 2003

I agree, I hope he continues this play. He is a hitter.

Ryan Withey
              Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Yeah...I was tempted to put that down as well...I really didn't see much out of Pierson last night. Only thing is, I want to see Baker do this again Saturday night (have a good game) before I'll think he can bump Prioleau off the roster. But I like what I saw out of the kid last night
                I agree! But like I said...Baker has been a beast all training camp, and then at the scrimmage and now in the game. Let's hope he can keep it up on Saturday. If he does...

Prioleau

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i am not giving up on wire yet.. i almost hate to see him move back.. the guy is getting moved around like a rag doll..

"hey thanks for working your tail off for the last year trying to be a FS, after you just finished learning the SS spot on the fly as a rookie..

oh yeah.. we are moving you back to SS... you will never start a game before you contract expires.. good luck with the team that signs and gives you a starting gig."

totally wasted 3rd round pick. shame.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

prioleau's name is way to hard to spell.. so i am in favor of cutting him too.. even though he is my alum.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      prioleau's name is way to hard to spell.. so i am in favor of cutting him too.. even though he is my alum.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

I'm not givng up on Wire but it isn't looking good for him. We like him because he can hit....so can Baker.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          I'm not givng up on Wire but it isn't looking good for him. We like him because he can hit....so can Baker.
                          Thing is, Baker can cover as well

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

i am all for anyone other than reese.. honestly i would rather keep prioleau as a back up SS..

and see wire and baker fight it out.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Thing is, Baker can cover as well
                              on pass coverage, he seems to be way better than Wire.

I'd be happy if Wire=Tasker. Unless teams start to make lateral passes (Music city) , Coy wouldn't have to worry about pass coverage at ST.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X