PDA

View Full Version : Some Special Teams Notes...

Michael82
08-16-2004, 10:18 AM
First of all...I love the wedge that Fletcher was in. It was a nice move by Bobby April and proves again that this staff could destroy the old staff in any IQ test. Very smart playcalling and it was nice to see Fletcher completely destroy a couple Denver guys with nice blocks. Also, tons of props to Josh Reed. He looks like a great choice for KRs. He had some nice speed and was good at getting North, instead of the usual East-West running that we are used to. I was always wondering why he was never used in the return game. Madden has him as a 83 or something like that for returning kicks and he is pretty damn good! Also, Rian Lindell looked very sharp out there with all of his kickoffs and his field goals. Let's hope he can keep it up. Maybe we aren't doomed. :devil:

Now the negative...why, oh why are you using Nate Clements in punt returns? Please take him out of there. We can't afford to lose our best DB. Plus, he really hasn't done much when I've seen him try to run the PRs.

Interesting note...on the Bills postgame show with Howard Simon...they said that Jon Dorenbos is starting to do the short snaps for FGs, along with the long snaps. He looked pretty good today and the snaps were right in place. He had a good game, and another roster spot is probably going to him again.

Tatonka
08-16-2004, 10:20 AM
if he was only 50 lbs heavier...

Michael82
08-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
if he was only 50 lbs heavier...

Who? Dorenbos? If that's who you are talking about...I agree. He can snap and would make a solid Center if he was bigger and taller.

TigerJ
08-16-2004, 12:05 PM
I think maybe the coaching staff last year was reluctant to use JR on KRs because they were still thinking of him as a co-starter with Eric Moulds. In essence they were saving him for his primary role. Having drafted Evans, the present coaching staff sees him as the natural pairing with Eric Moulds. Reed is no longer projected to get as much playing time on the offence since he's now projected as a third receiver, despite where Evans and Reed are on the official depth chart.

To simplify that, Reed didn't return kicks last season for the same reason Evans isn't being tried there this season.

The Spaz
08-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Deion Sanders did KR/PR duties.

Earthquake Enyart
08-16-2004, 12:16 PM
I agree with Mikey about Clemens. :eek:

The Spaz
08-16-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
I agree with Mikey about Clemens. :eek:

Who is that?

ShadowHawk7