PDA

View Full Version : Left guard

Philagape
08-16-2004, 11:10 AM
From Len P.'s Jets training camp observations:

</I>One was made very early in the offseason and the other came only last week, but the additions of wide receiver Justin McCareins and guard Pete Kendall, respectively, both appear to be terrific moves for the New York offense. Abruptly released by Arizona, where Dennis Green believed he reported him to the league for alleged violations of the offseason practice guidelines, Kendall has always been a quality inside lineman, and he immediately slid into the starting spot at left guard. It's a good fit and really completes a unit that was one more solid veteran shy of perhaps rating as one of the best in the NFL.<I>

:mad:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingCamp04/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1860274

I'M A BELIEVER
08-16-2004, 11:13 AM
OH, but Kendall was not a good fit for us, with our gaping hole at left guard......sometimes I just don't get Tom Donahoe....

Novacane
08-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Did'nt TD tell MIkey the Bills did not like Kendell? Oh, but they love Puccillo :rolleyes:

Philagape
08-16-2004, 11:16 AM
I bet TD was blackballing Kendall because he ratted on his coach

tomdonahoe
08-16-2004, 11:16 AM
I think Kendall wasn't a good fit in terms of the contract and length of the contract he was looking for. If TD broke the bank for Kendall it was of destroyed the talks between our own 3 pending FA's.

Philagape
08-16-2004, 11:19 AM
Given the weaknesses we have, who would have helped us more -- Kendall or Gildon?

Michael82
08-16-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by I'M A BELIEVER
OH, but Kendall was not a good fit for us, with our gaping hole at left guard......sometimes I just don't get Tom Donahoe....

I agree. Kendall would have been a great fit and would have solidified our OL, except for the hole in the middle.

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Did'nt TD tell MIkey the Bills did not like Kendell? Oh, but they love Puccillo :rolleyes:

:snicker:

Originally posted by Philagape
I bet TD was blackballing Kendall because he ratted on his coach

:rofl:

Originally posted by tomdonahoe
I think Kendall wasn't a good fit in terms of the contract and length of the contract he was looking for. If TD broke the bank for Kendall it was of destroyed the talks between our own 3 pending FA's.

That's exactly what I was thinking. The contract would have made it so Buffalo couldn't resign one of the big 3 and so far I have a feeling, all 3 are must signs. At least Schobel and Jennings are.

Michael82
08-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Philagape
Given the weaknesses we have, who would have helped us more -- Kendall or Gildon?

I don't see the pash rushing LDE being a weak point right now. Kelsay is going to be a very good player. Denney looks better too. :eek: He is good for stopping the run, and showed he has good hands. I would have taken Kendall over Gildon and I wonder if TD would have done the same thing.

tomdonahoe
08-16-2004, 11:24 AM
With all that being said...The Bills have to so something about Pucillo. The guy just can't handle DTs in this league. Even the second stringers we getting a good push on him. I think Tucker is by far the best option this team has right now. I wish they would make the change.

Michael82
08-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by tomdonahoe
With all that being said...The Bills have to so something about Pucillo. The guy just can't handle DTs in this league. Even the second stringers we getting a good push on him. I think Tucker is by far the best option this team has right now. I wish they would make the change.

Me too! I'm sick of Pukecillo being handed the job because he looks good in practice. :shakeno:

BENCH HIM NOW or CUT HIM!!! :mad:

Tatonka
08-16-2004, 12:22 PM
guys.. kendal got a huge deal though.. and he is no spring chicken.

i cant say i fault td for not handing kendal 20 million.

The Spaz
08-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

Agreed.

Billsouth
08-16-2004, 04:12 PM
how big was his deal?

The Spaz
08-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
how big was his deal?

Ebenezer
08-16-2004, 04:26 PM
we don't have a left guard.

ScottLawrence
08-16-2004, 04:42 PM
I really question Tom Donahoe here.

WE NEED A LEFT GUARD OR THIS TEAM WILL GO NO WHERE, MARK MY WORDS.

Pucillo/Tucker will not get it done.

How many chances have we had to sign a LG?

Tatonka
08-16-2004, 11:42 PM
in retrospect.. i really wish we could have gotten brian williams.. but that fat bastard went to cincy after pretty much saying he was coming here for sure.

his name was brian williams right?

juice
08-16-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
we don't have a left guard.

Or C, Or LG, or RT. Jonas is history.

Michael82
08-17-2004, 07:52 AM
in retrospect.. i really wish we could have gotten brian williams.. but that fat bastard went to cincy after pretty much saying he was coming here for sure.

his name was brian williams right?

Who? Oh, you mean...

Bobbie Williams...the fat bastard that gave us a wink and a nod. :mad: :shakeno:

Tatonka
08-17-2004, 08:15 AM
yeah.. bobbie williams.

:mad:

mysticsoto
08-17-2004, 09:02 AM
Our O line is definitely our weakest point. Mike Williams needs to start producing results or give back all the money he hasn't been earning!

Otherwise we might need Pat and Sam Adams to play on the other side as well. ;P