X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Quarterback Losman Shines in Debut

The Bills second first round draft choice in this April's draft did not disappoint fans at Ralph Wilson Stadium on Sunday night in a 16-6 win over the visiting Denver Broncos. Former Tulane star, J.P. Losman, showed Bills fans that this team has a bright future ahead with him at the helm.

Head Coach Mike Mularkey and offensive coordinator Tom Clements showed confidence in their rookie from his very first play. They called a quarterback draw to give Losman a little taste of the NFL.

"The only thing he (Mularkey) told me was, 'this play we're about to call J.P., you'll remember for the rest of your life,'" Losman said. "I didn't know what they were going to call, and they ended up calling quarterback draw. We started laughing because I kind of knew it was going to be that play."

But Losman didn't let that phase him. He took that first play and sprinted right up the middle for five yards, leaving himself open to defenders. He took the hit and got right back up and into the huddle.

Working...
X