PDA

View Full Version : Our first team Run D...

lordofgun
08-16-2004, 12:43 PM
...was not great.

BAM
08-16-2004, 12:44 PM
0 TD's :up:

ShadowHawk7
08-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Agreed, the top 2 Broncos backs averaged over 4.5 yards against them..

lordofgun
08-16-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by BAM
0 TD's :up:

I hate those bend-but-don't-break D's

BAM
08-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Yah I don't prefer those either, but they stepped it up in the redzone. :up:

Tatonka
08-16-2004, 12:49 PM
but we were playing against 2 hall of famers!

:ontome:

yeah.. we gave up 90 yards to their top two.

while they were not great against the run.. i thought that the pressure was much better against the pass.. we were getting back there quick.

mchurchfie
08-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
...was not great.
It never has been...I hate Gray's defense...it reminds me too much of Greg Williams.:hang: I think the No. 2 ranking was a little misleading last year and has some people thinking that this defense is great. It is a decent defense but is not great nor is it a bigplay defense...it still has itr's shortcomings.:ill:

Ebenezer
08-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Agreed, the top 2 Broncos backs averaged over 4.5 yards against them..

One of them was Garrison Hearst?? He played against the third teamers.

Sabre Ally
08-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
One of them was Garrison Hearst?? He played against the third teamers.
More proof that stats don't tell the whole story. There's no replacement for actually being there.

ShadowHawk7
08-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Good point Eb. Overall, I think the 1st team pass offense was acceptable, 1st run game was laughable (99 percent Olines fault), 1st team pass defense was above average, (would of been lower, if it wasn't for the good pass rush generated yesterday.) and 1st team run defense was below average against Griffin.

Ebenezer
08-16-2004, 01:11 PM
The O-Line is still a major problem.

Ickybaluky
08-16-2004, 01:14 PM
I don't see how any conclusion can be drawn from a preseason game. There is no game-planning and guys are being shuffled in and out of the lineup.

I don't care what the defense is, with two stout DT like Williams and Adams and fast linebackers like Spikes and Fletcher it seems like the Bills should be pretty strong against the run. That doesn't even take into account a strong run-support S in Milloy.

I wouldn't think run defense the Bills primary concern on defense. I think they are more focused on creating pressure on the QB and forcing turnovers.

BAM
08-16-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by NE39
I don't see how any conclusion can be drawn from a preseason game. There is no game-planning and guys are being shuffled in and out of the lineup.

I don't care what the defense is, with two stout DT like Williams and Adams and fast linebackers like Spikes and Fletcher it seems like the Bills should be pretty strong against the run. That doesn't even take into account a strong run-support S in Milloy.

I wouldn't think run defense the Bills primary concern on defense. I think they are more focused on creating pressure on the QB and forcing turnovers.

JP Losman should be our starter too :up:

The_Philster
08-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
More proof that stats don't tell the whole story. There's no replacement for actually being there.

Yep...statlines aren't for anyone who really wants to know what happened.
Originally posted by mchurchfie
It never has been...I hate Gray's defense...it reminds me too much of Greg Williams.:hang: I think the No. 2 ranking was a little misleading last year and has some people thinking that this defense is great. It is a decent defense but is not great nor is it a bigplay defense...it still has itr's shortcomings.:ill:
Given the choice between the 2, I wouldve kept LeBeau over Gray.

Hemlepp53
08-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Our D will Prevail this season as one of the better in the leauge.. give us a game or three to get the rythem. it is mostly the same players but the additions we added will need to get the flow. I give our D the top 5 ranked int he NFL ..

natefan22
08-16-2004, 02:14 PM
i think the run d will be alot better in the reg season bc pat and sam will prolly try harder

Novacane
08-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
...was not great.

You're not a true Bills fan :mad:

The Spaz
08-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Preseason.:idunno::boring:

justasportsfan
08-16-2004, 02:41 PM
I still worry about our run D. The Browns and Broncos ran successfully against us when they wanted to . Kinda like what Ricky did to us last year even though our D knew and yet we couldn't stop them. This means that when an team decides to run against us, they are able to. It's when they decide to throw against us that screws them over. That's why a coach like Bellichick can play chess w/ our D. Hopefully Mularkey can play as well.