• Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Our first team Run D...

...was not great.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• BAM
    • Sep 2003

0 TD's

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
      • Mar 2003

Agreed, the top 2 Broncos backs averaged over 4.5 yards against them..
      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
        0 TD's
        I hate those bend-but-don't-break D's

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• BAM
          • Sep 2003

Yah I don't prefer those either, but they stepped it up in the redzone.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

but we were playing against 2 hall of famers!

yeah.. we gave up 90 yards to their top two.

while they were not great against the run.. i thought that the pressure was much better against the pass.. we were getting back there quick.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mchurchfie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
              ...was not great.
              It never has been...I hate Gray's defense...it reminds me too much of Greg Williams. I think the No. 2 ranking was a little misleading last year and has some people thinking that this defense is great. It is a decent defense but is not great nor is it a bigplay defense...it still has itr's shortcomings.
              My Band
              daveviterna.com

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                Agreed, the top 2 Broncos backs averaged over 4.5 yards against them..
                One of them was Garrison Hearst?? He played against the third teamers.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  One of them was Garrison Hearst?? He played against the third teamers.
                  More proof that stats don't tell the whole story. There's no replacement for actually being there.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                    • Mar 2003

Good point Eb. Overall, I think the 1st team pass offense was acceptable, 1st run game was laughable (99 percent Olines fault), 1st team pass defense was above average, (would of been lower, if it wasn't for the good pass rush generated yesterday.) and 1st team run defense was below average against Griffin.
                    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                    -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

The O-Line is still a major problem.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

I don't see how any conclusion can be drawn from a preseason game. There is no game-planning and guys are being shuffled in and out of the lineup.

I don't care what the defense is, with two stout DT like Williams and Adams and fast linebackers like Spikes and Fletcher it seems like the Bills should be pretty strong against the run. That doesn't even take into account a strong run-support S in Milloy.

I wouldn't think run defense the Bills primary concern on defense. I think they are more focused on creating pressure on the QB and forcing turnovers.

Comment

• BAM
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by NE39
                          I don't see how any conclusion can be drawn from a preseason game. There is no game-planning and guys are being shuffled in and out of the lineup.

I don't care what the defense is, with two stout DT like Williams and Adams and fast linebackers like Spikes and Fletcher it seems like the Bills should be pretty strong against the run. That doesn't even take into account a strong run-support S in Milloy.

I wouldn't think run defense the Bills primary concern on defense. I think they are more focused on creating pressure on the QB and forcing turnovers.
                          JP Losman should be our starter too

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sabre Ally
                            More proof that stats don't tell the whole story. There's no replacement for actually being there.
                            Yep...statlines aren't for anyone who really wants to know what happened.
                            Originally posted by mchurchfie
                            It never has been...I hate Gray's defense...it reminds me too much of Greg Williams. I think the No. 2 ranking was a little misleading last year and has some people thinking that this defense is great. It is a decent defense but is not great nor is it a bigplay defense...it still has itr's shortcomings.
                            Given the choice between the 2, I wouldve kept LeBeau over Gray.
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                              • Jul 2004

Our D will Prevail this season as one of the better in the leauge.. give us a game or three to get the rythem. it is mostly the same players but the additions we added will need to get the flow. I give our D the top 5 ranked int he NFL ..
                              @Hemlepp53

Comment

Working...
                              X