PDA

View Full Version : Mcgahee on around the horn

shotgun
08-16-2004, 04:22 PM
it was the buying or selling part of the show and all four writers thay had on were buying and all said this guy is makeing all them people so far to shut there mouth because of the bills drafting mcgahee in the 1st rd 23 overall in the 2003 draft ..!!!!

this is agreat just wha tthe bills need a big name totalk about ...

\go bills

gun

and i seen it first hand boy i love my season tickets ////

BillyT92679
08-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Did they say anything about Travis?

Throne Logic
08-16-2004, 05:04 PM
They made Travis look like the bad guy.

I'm getting sick of this.

As things progress, I'm becoming more of a Travis Henry fan. Not that I dislike Willis. It's just that Henry, a 1300+ yard back for two years running, is getting the $h!# end of the stick here. He can't win vs. the national media. Somehow, he's become the underdog, and I'm rooting for the underdog here.

Besides, with this hype on Willis, his trade value will be a heck of alot higher than Henry's. Don't be shocked if Willis is the one to go in the off-season if the hype stays this high.

THATHURMANATOR
08-16-2004, 05:07 PM
I highly doubt we would trade Willis.

The Natrix
08-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Well if he lives up to the hype, I'll turn in my Bills membership if they trade him.

ScottLawrence
08-16-2004, 05:10 PM
I still would've rather had Steinbach.

saviorbledsoe
08-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Well if he lives up to the hype, I'll turn in my Bills membership if they trade him.

Bye :D

The Natrix
08-16-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Bye :D

Seriously, it would be the dumbest move in the history of sports. He's on an inexpensive rookie contract for christ's sake.

saviorbledsoe
08-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Seriously, it would be the dumbest move in the history of sports. He's on an inexpensive rookie contract for christ's sake.

one of the dumbest moves in history was equipping a veteran team with a 1300 yard rusher and needs at reciever, tight end, center, and DE with another running back.

DraftBoy
08-16-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic

As things progress, I'm becoming more of a Travis Henry fan. Not that I dislike Willis. It's just that Henry, a 1300+ yard back for two years running, is getting the $h!# end of the stick here. He can't win vs. the national media. Somehow, he's become the underdog, and I'm rooting for the underdog here.

Besides, with this hype on Willis, his trade value will be a heck of alot higher than Henry's. Don't be shocked if Willis is the one to go in the off-season if the hype stays this high.

Ill give you the fact that media is painting a bad picture of Henry here but dont forget he's brought this on himself with his dumbass comments. Had he kept his mouth shut and not spouted off to the media then they wouldnt be making him look like a bad guy. He told them these things, they arent making them up.

DraftBoy
08-16-2004, 05:47 PM
one of the dumbest moves in history was equipping a veteran team with a 1300 yard rusher and needs at reciever, tight end, center, and DE with another running back.

Yea since our 1300 yard rusher has done ohh so much for us in the past 2-3 seasons. He is not a vocal leader and doesnt carry the team. But yea why would anybody want anything more than that?

Novacane
08-16-2004, 06:04 PM

Which reciever, TE, or DE was available at that pick that would have made this huge differance on this team? Kelsey was the best DE available and we got him anyway.

saviorbledsoe
08-16-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Which reciever, TE, or DE was available at that pick that would have made this huge differance on this team? Kelsey was the best DE available and we got him anyway.

im not a draft expert and i dont watch college football so i dont know. but simple logic would tell you that if you havea team built to win NOW. then you might want to take care of a hole that needs filled rather than one that has a great star already. Maybe the difference that hole being filled would have made would be 10-6 instead of 6-10.

The_Philster
08-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Maybe the difference that hole being filled would have made would be 10-6 instead of 6-10.

I don't think you can draft head coaches or offensive coordinators :idunno:

saviorbledsoe
08-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Yea since our 1300 yard rusher has done ohh so much for us in the past 2-3 seasons. He is not a vocal leader and doesnt carry the team. But yea why would anybody want anything more than that?

oh and what makes McGahee this vocal leader? He is as quiet as hell in every interview I have ever seen of him.

and yes Travis has done Oh so much for us. Must i really go over what he did last year on our putrid offense? the cracked rib cartiledge and the broken leg and still rushes for 1300 yards.

saviorbledsoe
08-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I don't think you can draft head coaches or offensive coordinators :idunno:

lol

good point. but a decent center might have made the difference between 6-10 an 10-6 and I honestly do believe this. I just wish TD did.

Novacane
08-16-2004, 06:14 PM
2003 was a very weak draft. One of the worst first round talent drafts in years. There was no one there that would have made a differance for us. LIke I said...........many draft experts had us taking Kelsey and we still ended up with him in the second.

Mcgahee is going to turn into the steal of that draft.

Novacane
08-16-2004, 06:16 PM
Why do we have to diss one of the RB's if we like the other one?

Luisito23
08-16-2004, 06:31 PM
It would've beenjust ridiculous 2 pass on what could be 1 of the best backs this gamehas ever seen, I'm not saying WM is gonna be da next Sanders, but if he is could U just imagine seeing him in another uniform and thinking, "Damn we could've had him".......
GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hermanator21
08-16-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic

:bf1:
Bingo!!!!

Hemlepp53
08-16-2004, 09:08 PM
Those who have read previous posts from me on this topic I am a huge Travis Henry Fan... More so since this past season. He played better football than most backs in the leauge with Injuries that most backs would not complain but welcome the SIDELINE. Not Travis.. he kept on TRUCKING... Willis is a steal and will be vital in the future of the Bills... FUTURE.. like 2005 or so when Travis is done in Buffalo... OR... If Willis proves to be a true STAR Running Back like his CANE Days in Miami we should Trade Travis for a SUPER SWEET Deal that would make him Proud.. LoL.. He should SHUT UP and let things play itself out... Earn the Spot and the Carries... The future is up to the 2 of them... Lets hope whatever happens it is what is best for the Bills... Ya Know!?!?!?!?

gimpy
08-17-2004, 12:49 AM
im not a draft expert and i dont watch college football so i dont know.

nuff said.

Throne Logic
08-17-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I highly doubt we would trade Willis.

With the hype, suppose Arizona calls up offering a trade similar to the Hershel Walker deal for Willis? Would you pass it up?

shotgun
08-17-2004, 04:41 AM
yes i would how about henry to lions or the cards ....

Hemlepp53
08-17-2004, 06:58 AM
LoL... Cards Are Arizona... Arizona Cardinals... But Either Would Produce A Decent Trade... Lions Or Az..... But .....

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
Those who have read previous posts from me on this topic I am a huge Travis Henry Fan... More so since this past season. He played better football than most backs in the leauge with Injuries that most backs would not complain but welcome the SIDELINE. Not Travis.. he kept on TRUCKING... Willis is a steal and will be vital in the future of the Bills... FUTURE.. like 2005 or so when Travis is done in Buffalo... OR... If Willis proves to be a true STAR Running Back like his CANE Days in Miami we should Trade Travis for a SUPER SWEET Deal that would make him Proud.. LoL.. He should SHUT UP and let things play itself out... Earn the Spot and the Carries... The future is up to the 2 of them... Lets hope whatever happens it is what is best for the Bills... Ya Know!?!?!?!?

carybillsfan
08-17-2004, 07:04 AM
You guys are all so big on TH, but have you forgotten his 18 fumbles in the last 2 seasons!!! I agree he has done a lot for us, but I can still remember at least 4 games that were lost him by coughing the ball up at a crucial time. I'm sorry if McGahee shows promise and TH continues his butterfinger ways, put him on the bench and give Willis the ball. I'm a fan, all I care about is winning, I don't care who's at QB, RB, or any position -- just as long as they get the job done!!!

Bulldog
08-17-2004, 09:15 AM

Almost as dumb as giving up a first round pick for a QB who is over priced and past his prime.

superbills
08-17-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog
Almost as dumb as giving up a first round pick for a QB who is over priced and past his prime.

:bf1:

TedMock
08-17-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog

Then getting that pick back for an overrated WR, which also allowed us to free up some money to sign Takeo Spikes (which was a great move). At that time I don't think it was a bad move (not great either, but better than what we had at the time). Yes, the offense slowed down the second half of the year, but it sure as heck gave us hope for the following season. I still blame Gilbride for most of our woes the next year. Forget Bledsoe's faults for a minute and think about where (and how) he played everybody else. Pathetic. The entire offense, except Henry, played at a lower level than the year before. Henry cut down on his fumbles and played injured. The line, the WR's, the TE's, FB, etc.. all played worse partly because of their own faults, but primarily because of the situations they were placed in by the coaches. Split the blocking back out wide as a decoy, send a natural slot receiver deep, throw fade routes to a very injured WR, run long developing plays with a weak, inexperienced line, run sprint out passes regularly with an immobile QB, etc..

Hemlepp53
08-17-2004, 10:10 AM
ANYONE KNOW WHAT WILLIS IS SAYING ABOUT THE WHO SITUATION???? HAS HE COMMENTED ON THE BATTLE FOR STARTER OR HENRY OR ANYTHING????

Bill Brasky
08-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Ill give you the fact that media is painting a bad picture of Henry here but dont forget he's brought this on himself with his dumbass comments. Had he kept his mouth shut and not spouted off to the media then they wouldnt be making him look like a bad guy. He told them these things, they arent making them up.

Dumbass comments? He said he'd prefer to be traded if he wasn't the starter, which is justifiable.

Let's put this in perspective:

He has probably been asked about this 700 million times. I don't care if your Travis Henry or Emmit Smith, you're bound to say something of that nature eventually if people are constantly in your face about it. Doesn't it bother you when people keep asking you the same question over and over? Try magnifing it 20 fold and that's what he has to put up with every day. Not to mention he has really done nothing to justify losing his starting position.

Put yourself in his shoes. How would you like it if you were doing your job just as well as every other back in the league, then some unproven rookie comes and steals your job because he has potential and was great in college. There have been tons of backs that have dominated college, looked good in preseason, then flopped big time when it matter. Travis has yet to flop. He's proven himself as a reliable back and he should be the starter. I'm sure if you were in his shoes you'd probably be just as ticked off as he is.

I think he's handled this pretty well and his lone comment, like usual, has been blown way out of it's context.

Bill Brasky
08-17-2004, 10:12 AM
ANYONE KNOW WHAT WILLIS IS SAYING ABOUT THE WHO SITUATION???? HAS HE COMMENTED ON THE BATTLE FOR STARTER OR HENRY OR ANYTHING????

He doesn't have to because everybody is taking his side. It's not hard to keep your mouth shut when everybody's in your corner.

Hemlepp53
08-17-2004, 10:15 AM
No i mean comments along the lines of him not feeling fully able or capiable to take over for Travis... or placing good will wishes towards Herny??? SOMETHING ANYTHING.. Like LEAVE US ALONE LET US COMPETE FOR THE SPOT.. SOMETHING.. COME ON WILLIS... SAY SOMETHING... LoL

mysticsoto
08-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Bledsoe overpriced? Did you miss his contract restructuring?

In any case, although I was surprised by the draft curve ball that TD threw at us when he got WM, I now agree with it. The next best available draft pick for us was Chris Kelsay and we got him anyway. Imagine if we had spent that draft pick on Kelsay then...we would've lost out alot! That draft class was rather weak at many positions. I think we got one of the brightest stars from that class (that was available at the time).

I do agree that Henry should shut up when he talks to the media. The media just want controversy and he's fueling them with those comments.

BAM
08-17-2004, 10:27 AM

From the latest edition of Bills Digest...

A couple quotes from the article:

"We're cool. We've always been cool, to set the record straight."
~ Henry

"We go to clubs together, we go out together. It's common sense. We both play the same position so we're going to have to talk. We're going to get close. There was no beef from the beginning."
~ McGahee

"I'm leading him three games to one in NBA Live on Playstation"
~ McGahee

"I'm not that much older than him. I just want to show him the ropes and what not to do because I've been in some situations he can learn from. I think he's in a good position coming in, being a young running back ahd having somebody of my caliber to look at - and for me, competion - it always makes you better. I just want to be a role model for him, to show him the ropes for when he reaches that status of star running back."
~ Henry

" Yeah I was mad. I'm human. I had questions. I had doubts, but I've grown to understand the situation...I can only control what I do on a football field and how I carry myself in public as an individual. If I do that, everything else will play out. It's never been about me not liking him. He's cool."
~ Henry

Hemlepp53
08-17-2004, 10:30 AM
THANKS BAM.. Just another QUESTIOn.. BILLS DIGETS WORHT THE LOOT???

BAM
08-17-2004, 10:32 AM
Yep. Unless you have a wireless connection and you can read the Internet while on the ****ter :D

Hemlepp53
08-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Very True... Imma Look into getting it then... Thanks

TedMock
08-17-2004, 10:37 AM
Now that's refreshing to see. Those are the types of quotes I want to see from them. I got a little irritated with the other stuff about being traded, etc.. Hopefully that was just a lapse and these are how he continues to address everything.

SABURZFAN
08-17-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
I still would've rather had Steinbach.

i agree.

BAM
08-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
Now that's refreshing to see. Those are the types of quotes I want to see from them. I got a little irritated with the other stuff about being traded, etc.. Hopefully that was just a lapse and these are how he continues to address everything.

I wouldn't listen to the media, I have a feeling they're takiing everything said by either of the two way out of context to help ratings or whatever.

And they NEVER report the "positive" quotes.