X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillyT92679
    • Jul 2002

Overrated-underrated players since 1979

Who would all of you put on a most overrated/most underrated team from say 1979 to now? Pick five players a piece.

Overrated
    Terrell Davis
    Kurt Warner
    Dan Hampton
    Zach Thomas
    Michael Irvin

Underrated
    David Krieg
    Bernie Kosar
    Andre Tippett
    Art Monk
    Andre Reed
    Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Terrell Davis Overratted?

Comment

• BillyT92679
      • Jul 2002

I'd do the five overrated/underrated Bills too, but that would be more difficult.
      Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• BillyT92679
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        Terrell Davis Overratted?
        Yes, I believe Alex Gibbs and that o-line deserved a lion's share of the credit... Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson got at least a grand themselves. Clinton Portis is better than Davis was.

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

Warren Moon was mad over rated.
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillyT92679
            Yes, I believe Alex Gibbs and that o-line deserved a lion's share of the credit... Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson got at least a grand themselves. Clinton Portis is better than Davis was.
            Davis got 2000 though
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• alohabillsfan
              • Sep 2003

C'mon, when does 62.5 yards per game make a running back? Would you be satisfied with TH or WM getting 62.5 YPG? The 1000 yard rusher is the most overrated stat in the NFL

Comment

• kardshark19
                I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
                • Aug 2002

i hate the fins too, but zach thomas isn't overrated. he is a solid MLB, and his name isn't raised on a banner or anything. now urlacher is overrated.
                If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Deion Sanders should top that overrated list.

Comment

• Marino13Phins
                    Put your banana between these melons and make a fruit salad
                    • Oct 2003

Re: Overrated-underrated players since 1979

Who would all of you put on a most overrated/most underrated team from say 1979 to now? Pick five players a piece.

Overrated
                    Terrell Davis
                    Kurt Warner
                    Dan Hampton
                    Zach Thomas
                    Michael Irvin

Underrated
                    David Krieg
                    Bernie Kosar
                    Andre Tippett
                    Art Monk
                    Andre Reed
                    Thomas is not over rated, for a guy that went so late in the draft, he has played among the top MLB's in the league. I fail to see how he is over rated.

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

Junior Seau has been the most overrated player in the league the last few years.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                        • Jul 2002

Terrell Owens

Comment

• BillyT92679
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                          C'mon, when does 62.5 yards per game make a running back? Would you be satisfied with TH or WM getting 62.5 YPG? The 1000 yard rusher is the most overrated stat in the NFL
                          Originally posted by The_Philster
                          Davis got 2000 though
                          I still think if you put Davis behind a lesser o-line, and he is a competent but not superb running back. Barry Sanders is the ne plus ultra of running backs... he played behind a militantly average o-line and busted off 2 K.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

I won't argue that Davis would have gotten 2000 yards with a different O-line..it's ludicrous. But it's a combination of the talent and coaching at O-line and RB. If it were all on the O-line and coaches and not due to the player at all, everyone would get 2000 yards
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BillyT92679
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                              I won't argue that Davis would have gotten 2000 yards with a different O-line..it's ludicrous. But it's a combination of the talent and coaching at O-line and RB. If it were all on the O-line and coaches and not due to the player at all, everyone would get 2000 yards
                              We are looking at the prism from different angles. I certainly believe that Davis was an above-average to very good running back. He possessed an outstanding cut-back move which more than offset his lack of blazing speed. I'm not stating that Davis does not deserve lauds; I am stating that this rush to canonize him as a HOFer is premature, and that he was overrated by football pundits. It's self-evident to say that to get 2,000 yards the running back has to have talent and determination.

Comment

Working...
                              X