What is our biggest weakness on Defense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArcticWildMan

What is our biggest weakness on Defense?

My vote goes to the linebacking corps. It seems they cannot stop any runs and they cannot cover receivers worth a damn.
  • BledsoeTOreedfor6
    • Jul 2002

Coordinator. Then LB's Then DE

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Tackling

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by lordofgun
        Tackling

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
          • Jul 2002

I would almost guarantee Eddie Robinson will not be here next year. If he is someone needs to have their head examined

Comment

• Benjudah
            Shinier than your mom
            • Jul 2002

Jerry Gray is a good coach, and I think he will be a good coordinator or at least could be... but he was placed into that job before he was ready. We need someone with experiebnce... and we need to start playing to our strengths instead of trying to force our players into 6-4...

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
              • Jul 2002

Gray may be a good posistion coach...........he has proved he is not a good DC. Who's fault is it they are not playing to our strengths? Gray and Greg

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
                . Who's fault is it they are not playing to our strengths? Gray and Greg
                Both. This is GW's Defense. He brought Gray in to run it. This is the worst defense by a Buffalo Bills team. It may be the worst defense ever in the history of the NFL. The Bills gave up a average of 30.6 points a gam going into today. As of right now the Pats have scored 38. PATHETIC

Comment

• BillyT92679
                  • Jul 2002

The safety help isn't outstanding either. PP is a good enough DB, but Wire, as aggressive as he is, is not a competent pro football player. Billy Jenkins is not the answer either.
                  Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

Grey is the worst coordinator in the NFL. He runs his D from a textbook. Each and every look the O shows is treated uniformly by the D. We bite on every play action and screens (I can't believe it) over and over destroyed us. We stink. Grey could not run an NCAA Div III D, he has no clue.

Our secondary is disgusting. Watson is a flag in waiting, and is a pisspoor tackler as well. Wire SUCKS. Yes read that again, Wire sucks. He misses tackles, and he can't cover. Jenkins knows at leats how to play in the NFL, Wire has no freaking clue. Our LBs are pretty crappy too, but it is our secondary and our coaching that really really sucks.

If you are an opposing O coordinator, all you have to do is look at our tendencies, we follow a freaking script, so no calculating is needed. I have never seen a team that gives up 45 yard touchdowns to screen passes on thrid and long.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                      Expert on Experts
                      • Jul 2002

Not to sound like John Madden, but..

the problem with the bills defense is that they don't defend well against the run or the pass.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Coaches. No qb pressure all day, missed tackles, blown coverage, you name it.

Gilbride and Drew was supposed to be a potent combination. Yet the Pats D manhandled Drew all day. The Pats don't have the weapon we have and yet our D wasn't even half way decent against the Pats. So who's to blame with all the play calling? Coaching.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

the only answer i can come up with this question is a question.that being,where do you want me to start?
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• DIHARD2
                            • Sep 2002

I hope everybody is finely back down to earth after today game.

We are an 8/8 team and I'm hoping everyone is realizing that after today's game that is a fact.

We were outcoached today period!!!!!!

We upgraded our offense this year, but if we keep the same coaching style next year on defense, unless we are able to pick up four players, and two of them who can play like Peppers, this defense will never worked.

I have been backing G. W. all season, at least I have been asking everyone to give him a chance. After today I'm sorry I can no longer backed him as a head coach if I want my team (THE BILLS) to go and win the Super Bowl.

He does not have what it takes to make a decision on his feet. You cannot look at all the stats before you make a split second decision you just have to have that ability which after today I have come realize he doesn't.

That's something you cannot learn it's either you have it or you don't. A good head coach has to have that if he wants to coach at an NFL level and win the big one.

We need in this order; defensive tackle, linebacker, defensive end, linebacker. Then we also need a coach that teaches how to tackle.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...
                            "The right of free speech is the God given right of each man to make an ass of himself." B Franklin

Comment

• Sennsai
                              • Aug 2002

Colin... let me guess... you are Billy Jenkins wife? That's the only reasonable explaination for your bashing of Wire. Sorry that Jenkins lost his job to Wire.

While Wire makes mistakes on the field once in awhile(see every rookie that has played in the NFL and every veteran that is STILL playing), it's part of the growing pains when you have a guy playing Safety that never played the position before... EVER. Why couldn't Jenkins beat out a rookie that never played the position before? Because Jenkins must suck worse.

For the record, Wire lead the team with 12 tackles today. While the TE did have a TD, he only finished with 2 rec. for 8 yards. Yeah, Wire's coverage must have been REALLY horrible.

Wire will be fine with time. Unless Jenkins can beat him out, and get 15 tackles a game, don't bash one of the hardest working players on the team and one of the best.
                              " It happened before, it will happen again. It's just a question of when."

Comment

Working...
                              X