X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

I really hate zone defense

In that pass to Watts at the end of the 1st quarter, McGee dropped him after he left his zone and no one really picked him up. It all but eliminates individual responsibility, IMO.

The worst part of it is, if I remember correctly, they could have had a TD had Plummer thrown to Smith instead of Watts..he was just as open and there was no one beyond him.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Problem is that zone coverage is designed to stop if run correctly what types of offensives the Patsies run and was originally designed to stop the west coast offense. If we didnt use it we would be getting nailed for littl 7-9 yard hooks
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HenryRules
      • Jul 2002

Re: I really hate zone defense

Originally posted by The_Philster
      In that pass to Watts at the end of the 1st quarter, McGee dropped him after he left his zone and no one really picked him up. It all but eliminates individual responsibility, IMO.

The worst part of it is, if I remember correctly, they could have had a TD had Plummer thrown to Smith instead of Watts..he was just as open and there was no one beyond him.
      That Schobel INT was pretty nice. I prefer man-to-man, but you gotta throw different looks at different times every once in a while.

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by HenryRules
        That Schobel INT was pretty nice. I prefer man-to-man, but you gotta throw different looks at different times every once in a while.
        Denney had the INT.

Comment

• HenryRules
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
          Denney had the INT.
          My bad ... that's who I meant.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

The zone D has it's uses but it can be frustrating. I think if it's a basic zone offensive coordinators can design plays to exploit it. Defensive coordinators and DBs have to be able to disguise it, and play variations that don't leave the holes in the zone in the same place all the time. As always it's a chess game between the DC and the OC.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
            X