PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully this game is a wake up call to our defense

ArcticWildMan
11-03-2002, 02:58 PM
There was a lot of chest pounding the past week. Maybe now the Defense will wake up and realize they aren't half as good as they thought they were.

The coaches have got to find a way to better utilize the talent we have and try to hide the weaknesses.

Not having Winfield play today, really cost us. Hopefully he's back for the KC game.

Shiny Chicken
11-03-2002, 03:02 PM
Please... let them see the light soooooon

TacklingDummy
11-03-2002, 03:06 PM
I doubt this was a wake up call. The defense has sucked all year. But they did play well against Ray Lucas.

Bert102176
11-03-2002, 03:09 PM
our defense won't wake up no matter what the heck happens to them

Bert102176
11-03-2002, 03:12 PM
we should have gotten Sam Adams in free agency but were to stupid to do so, and Gregg Williams play calling sucks

Bert102176
11-03-2002, 03:12 PM
maybe this game will get them to sign Jones the DE

ArcticWildMan
11-03-2002, 03:14 PM
Well, hopefully we grab a DT in free agency (the draft is very thin in DT's). We also need to draft a speed LB to replace Robinson and possibly Fletcher. Luckily for us, the draft is going to be extremely deep this year for LB's.

Oh and a replacement for Watson might be a good idea as well ;)

colin
11-03-2002, 03:15 PM
Wire needs to sit, Watson must be helped.

Our D is so predictable, we make no adjustments at all. Screen passes are easy to neutralize, they are a freaking high school level play. The fact that after a half of passing too much, and getting torched on 3rd and long with screens we made NO adjustments makes it clear that our coaching is the worst in the NFL.

ArcticWildMan
11-03-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Bert102176
maybe this game will get them to sign Jones the DE

Speaking if DE's...I wonder if Denny can bulk up this off-season and be moved to DT? He was mainly a run stopper in college anyway. Use his size (height) to our advantage and move him inside.

jdbillsfan
11-03-2002, 03:32 PM
That is a good point artic. He seems too slow to be an end.

I think Winfield is the only player on D who knows how to tackle.

Wire needs to sit. I agree. He makes too many mistakes which costs us big plays. Our D seems to play better with Jenkins, who seems a little more reliable. No adjustments!!

How come they have been rotating Jenkins and Wire other games but not this one? This game wire looked terrible and they didn't sit him once. Is Jenkins hurt?

ArcticWildMan
11-03-2002, 03:34 PM
Hell....put Wire in at OLB in place of Robinson. Wire is a natural LB. he may be undersized, but he has hustle and if he can just slow up the play, others can come help out.

SABURZFAN
11-03-2002, 04:17 PM
a wake up call???you could light a fire under their @$$e$ and that wouldn't wake them up.this team needs an enema starting with the coaches and the defense.

JayWood
11-03-2002, 04:31 PM
Jenkins needs to start playing more, I like Coy and he will be good but his youth is starting to really show. Iam still not going to give up on Fletcher, but Eddie Robinson is a waist of space, that old guy has done nothing for this team. Finally, Chris Watson, I will play for the team, all 5'7 of me could prob do a hell of alot better than him. The week off should help, but we got tough games ahead, this defense and his coaches need to wake up right now and get down to business. Wake up call i hope!!

WCoastFin
11-03-2002, 07:19 PM
Maybe now Newman will want to apologize to the Dolphins after all....he would if he knew whats best for him coming Dec.1.

Novacane
11-03-2002, 07:25 PM
What did NEwman say WCF.

WCoastFin
11-03-2002, 10:51 PM
I believe he said he wasnt going to apologize to the Dolphins for beating them when they were injured...or something in that nature...I believe it was Newman...Ill try to find the Article.

Cntrygal
11-04-2002, 05:51 AM
Who would think he should apologize for beating a banged up team? And why? Surely not a fish fan..... no one apologized to us last season, when we had a qb from the practice squad in against the fish. (his first nfl start btw.)
:rolleyes:

Typ0
11-04-2002, 08:18 AM
Really cntry. What a bunch of pussies looking for apologies because they lost a game when they had some injuries. Give it a rest we have taken some hard knocks from injuries too in the past couple seasons and we never looked for any apologies...well...except maybe from the Tampa team that ruined our whole season in three plays by playing dirty when they couldn't beat our starters so they took them out. That is different though.

Bert102176
11-04-2002, 10:23 PM
why are the Fins gonna do something Illegal like usual in the Dec. game to Newman, the Fins are use to doing Illegal things.

PA Season Ticket Holder
11-04-2002, 10:32 PM
I don't even think GW's airhorn could wake up this defense. I've never seen anything as sad as I saw yesterday.