X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

TH & WM contrasting styles

Watching the 1st preseason game WM seems to make the first tackler miss then explodes to make those extra yards.

TH will attempt to run over the first tackler and fall foward to pick up x-tra yds.

Willis has more of an explosive stye of running that will lead to more gamebreaking runs after he clears the LOS while TH will pick up positive yds with foward momentum and dragging the innitial tackler with him.

With the lack of impact Lineman witch style is better suited to this Bills team and can TH hold up during the season trying to run over defenders with a 5'9 frame and maintain his trade value without serious injury.

Who do you think is a better long term fit for the Bills?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Get off the size issue you have said the same **** for 500 posts or more between that and the Ruben Brown issue with you.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Willis is a better fit bc with our crappy line more and more of those 1st defenders are gonna be getting into the backfield and he'll be falling forwards for less negative yardage. I agree with Spaz though the size isnt an issue.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

What do you think TH's trade value will be if he gets injured like last year.. Maybe a 3rd round pick?

Do YOU think we will be better off moving Willis at years end?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Juice what is wrong with you your points don't make any sense. You say that Henry won't have any value if he gets hurt like last year well the man still had 1300+ yards and 10 TD's that's still pretty good damn production. How is that going to effect value if he still puts up the #'s.

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
            Juice what is wrong with you your points don't make any sense. You say that Henry won't hav eany value if he gets hurt liek last year well the man still had 1300+ yards and 10 TD's that's still pretty good damn production. How is that goin gto effect value if he still puts up the #'s.
            Spaz TH seems to be injury prone, TH wont fetch a 3rd or 4th round pick if he doesn't get over 1000 yds this season because of injury.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Does he get injured yes last year he did. Did he miss a lot of time no. To me being injury prone and being injured is different because to me some guys pain tolerance is more than others and Henry's is extemely high he won't miss a game unless he has no choice. Our o-line sucked last year too he will get 1000 yards this year guaranteed.

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Does he get injured yes last year he did. Did he miss a lot of time no. To me being injury prone and being injured is different because to me some guys pain tolerance is more than others and Henry's is extemely high he won't miss a game unless he has no choice. Our o-line sucked last year too he will get 1000 yards this year guaranteed.
                Sure, because this year our O-line is just great.

Your post make no sense because how can YOU guarantee 1000 yds for Henry when he will obviously be splittig carries with Willis?

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Like I said Our offensive line sucked last year too. Lets see Travis 1000 Willis 500-700 sounds good to me.

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

Like I said Our offensive line sucked lat year too. Lets see Travis 1000 Willis 500-700 sounds good to me.
                    Meanwhile if Travis gets hurt trying to run over Zack Thomas, his trade value is nothing.

In the long run Travis wont make a living being a POWERBACK in a power run offense.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Based on what your size concerns? TH isn't your ordinary 5'9" RB this guy is built like a fire hydrant listen to jis teammates that say he is one powerful back and hard to bring dowsn. HE just doesn't try to bullover people he does it. 'm done with thsi subject. When we get ZB's back I will bet you all of mine that TH will get 1000.

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

What are ZB's?

Based on Willis's performance I bet he cuts into Henry's carries alot more than YOU think.. Who fills the seats and who makes Sportscenter.. I wouldn't be suprised to see a 60-40 split by seasons end.

If Henry gets injured he might loose his starting position.. at the start of last year many questioned if he had the ability to find an open run lane.

Willis can make the first tackler miss.. Travis has fewer options and running over defenders at 5'9 wont get it done.

Comment

Working...
                        X