PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry- Please Shut up!!!!

MustWin
08-17-2004, 01:37 AM
Hey guys this is my first post here................

Travis needs to be a team player and shut up and stop whining about his playing time. A lot of the great teams in the NFL have been successful with 2 great RBs. Look at what the Panthers did last year on their road to the superbowl with Davis and Foster.

Travis has really pissed me off lately and I wouldn't be at all dissapointed if we traded him at the end of the year.

Travis I admire you for the way you played through the pain last year but please shut up right now!!!!

gimpy
08-17-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by MustWin

Travis needs to be a team player and shut up and stop whining about his playing time. A lot of the great teams in the NFL have been successful with 2 great RBs. Look at what the Panthers did last year on their road to the superbowl with Davis and Foster.

Travis has really pissed me off lately and I wouldn't be at all dissapointed if we traded him at the end of the year.

Travis I admire you for the way you played through the pain last year but please shut up right now!!!!

The guy hasn't complained at all.. this is all media bs and soap opera fans.

Hermanator21
08-17-2004, 02:35 AM

Look at the age diffrence.....25&23 compared to 24 & 32.........
Put yourself in Henry's shoes and think about how you would react, being 25 and a workhorse for that team... I know I would feel alittle disrespected,ecspecially sice the media and some fans think the guy aiming for your job is gods gift to the world just because of one scrimmage and one preseason game..

Throne Logic
08-17-2004, 02:39 AM
Travis has hardly said a word. The media has targeted him about this issue. They ask him questions like "Do you think you might want to be traded if Willis gets all of your playing time?". Travis answers, "Sure, I just might." Headlines the next morning read "Travis demanding a trade!"

This is rediculous. What's worse is that fans jump right on this media bandwagon and start bashing Travis.

Get off it, buddy. Travis is in a difficult situation. He has handled it quite well, especially in light of the media's actions.

BAM
08-17-2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by gimpy
The guy hasn't complained at all.. this is all media bs and soap opera fans.

:bf1:

Originally posted by Throne Logic
Travis has hardly said a word. The media has targeted him about this issue. They ask him questions like "Do you think you might want to be traded if Willis gets all of your playing time?". Travis answers, "Sure, I just might." Headlines the next morning read "Travis demanding a trade!"

This is rediculous. What's worse is that fans jump right on this media bandwagon and start bashing Travis.

Get off it, buddy. Travis is in a difficult situation. He has handled it quite well, especially in light of the media's actions.

:bf1:

Travis has really said Jack ****... I don't get where people are calling him out and are mad at him??? Damn media :down:

Newsflash people... :shout: HE HASN'T SAID SHEEEIT

Hemlepp53
08-17-2004, 06:46 AM
Read Other Posts On Henry and Get My Full View On Him And This Sitution. Travis is the man.. Willis is not ready... Let The Season PLay Out... Get OFf DREWS BACK AND Get Off TRAVIS's BACK...

Jan Reimers
08-17-2004, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Hemlepp53
Travis is the man.. Willis is not ready... Let The Season PLay Out... Get OFf DREWS BACK AND Get Off TRAVIS's BACK...

Couldn't agree more.

don137
08-17-2004, 07:22 AM
All Henry did last year was carry the offense on his shoulders and play hurt when most players would of sat out. All he did was put the team before himself.
I am getting more and more pissed at the media for trying to make this into a issue. It did bother me that during the game they kept showing Henry on the sidelines after almost every time McGahee touched the ball.
Henry is getting no respect by the media and he deserves much better. The sad part some buy into what the media is selling (kind of reminds me of the liberal media and what they post as news) McGahee will get his chance but until he is 100% and plays a part time role for a full season then there will be reason to talk. Until then Henry is the man...

justasportsfan
08-17-2004, 07:27 AM
Actually, it's the fans and media that need to shut up. Henry's is no. 1 and WM is no 2.

Mr. Miyagi
08-17-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Actually, it's the fans and media that need to shut up. Henry's is no. 1 and WM is no 2.
'Nuff said.

:snicker:

Bill Brasky
08-17-2004, 07:44 AM

1 - What the hell are you talking about?
2 - If I was the starter and had some guy coming in who hasn't played in almost a year in and half basically taking my job because the idot fans are all hyped up about his "potential" I'd be pretty pissed too, especially if I was doing a good job and had no reason to be losing my starting position. Not to mention the media is in this guy's face 24/7 about this issue and he's probably been asked the same ****ing question seven billion times...
3 - I don't know if you watched any games last year, but this guy was the only bright spot in a piss poor offense that has a sub-par line at best. I STILL DON'T GET WHY SOME PEOPLE WANT THIS GUY TRADED FOR AN UNPROVEN BACK WHEN HE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT CONSISTANT.

Sure, he is not the best RB in the league, but he gets the job done and what you get out of him is consistancy. He is the perfect back for the type of offense that Mularky says they are going to run this year because he is physical enough to wear down defenses and obviously he has proven he can take a pounding and still keep playing.

Regardless, I'm glad this guy is our back and I'd pick him to run the ball for my team any day of the week... especially on Sunday's.

We shouldn't be telling Travis to shut up... we should be telling all the idiot's who keep calling for McGahee to take his job. Travis has said jack **** other than "he would like a trade if he isn't the starter" which is completely justifiable.

BAM
08-17-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by jfreeman
Travis has said jack **** other than "he would like a trade if he isn't the starter" which is completely justifiable.

:up:

tampabay25690
08-17-2004, 08:14 AM
Yea I don't like the way the media is tagetting him at all Travis hasn't said **** at all and all we are hearing is about Willis, don't get me wrong it is a very good problem to have 2 good RB's but we need Travis threw the season!!!!!!!!!!!

Hemlepp53
08-17-2004, 10:02 AM
Travis I admire you for the way you played through the pain last year but please shut up right now!!!! - MustWin

If You ADMIRE him than RESPECT him...

Earthquake Enyart
08-17-2004, 10:08 AM
Wow. Everybody pile on the new guy.

Hemlepp53
08-17-2004, 10:09 AM
LoL... its not that.. its just think before you post... Im sure we ahve all posted something we wish we hadnt... lol...

Pride
08-17-2004, 10:15 AM
Posting on a forum like this opens the door for criticism. As long as people attack the post (idea or content of the post) rather than the poster...

Hemlepp53
08-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Pride
Posting on a forum like this opens the door for criticism. As long as people attack the post (idea or content of the post) rather than the poster...

Correct PRIDE.. I Agree 100%

TedMock
08-17-2004, 10:24 AM
I do think the media's blown it out of proportion as usual. I just wish he never would've said anything. He has every right to be irritated, no doubt about it. But, it would've been more professional to say "Willis is a good back, but I'm going to play my hardest like I always do. My main goal is getting us to the superbowl. If Willis helps us do that, we'll all be happy." That's it, think and act classy. I'd be a little upset about the situation too, so I'm not saying I don't feel for him. I just think he has teammates who need him to focus on winning games, not what might happen if Willis plays well. Hopefully, they both kick butt this season.

Earthquake Enyart
08-17-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Pride

Give the new guy a break. That's all I'm saying.

Hemlepp53
08-17-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
I do think the media's blown it out of proportion as usual. I just wish he never would've said anything. He has every right to be irritated, no doubt about it. But, it would've been more professional to say "Willis is a good back, but I'm going to play my hardest like I always do. My main goal is getting us to the superbowl. If Willis helps us do that, we'll all be happy." That's it, think and act classy. I'd be a little upset about the situation too, so I'm not saying I don't feel for him. I just think he has teammates who need him to focus on winning games, not what might happen if Willis plays well. Hopefully, they both kick butt this season.

:gobills: Lets Go Buffalo!!! :squish:

This is excatly what I have been saying just worded better .. LoL.. Thanks TedMock... :urock:

lordofgun
08-17-2004, 10:29 AM
I agree with the new guy.

HAMMER
08-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Is this the Henry Ostrich Club? What do you mean he "hasn't said sheeeet"? I guess popping off about being traded if he isn't the feature back in the newspaper with the largest US circulation, USA Today, is not saying sheeet? He has made comments in the media twice regarding this issue. Don't bury your heads fellas, this is already an issue and it is an issue because of his comments only.

He needs to shut up and put up, the rest will take care of itself when the season's over. He would serve himself best by being the big man and keeping quiet, his stock will only drop if he is thought of as a whiner by teams.

Novacane
08-17-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Wow. Everybody pile on the new guy.

Really!

Originally posted by lordofgun
I agree with the new guy.

So do I. You all wanna blame the media. All Henry has to say is I have no comment when asked about it. He should clam up.

McBFLO
08-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic

I agree the media has targeted him and this "RB controversy" is mainly coming from the fans and the media itself. What I have a problem with is that he even answered the questions. A "no comment" from Travis would have been best for the situation. Instead of using the "no comment" way out of answering the question, he threw some fuel on the fire.

That being said, I'm totally for Travis keeping his job through the opening of the season. Let Willlis come back slowly, get his confidence and explosiveness back while we use him in a somewhat limited role this year. As for next year, if both of them are still here (which I highly highly doubt), the starter's job is an open competition.

McBFLO
08-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by TedMock

Didnt see your post before I posted mine. i agree 100%.

Bled2Hen
08-17-2004, 12:23 PM
TRAVIS HENRY!!!!!!!!!!!

MustWin
08-17-2004, 12:45 PM
(feels like an idiot):(

but what do u guys mean he hasnt said "jack shhhhhhhhhhhheeeeit". He's complained to newspapers (I believe someone said USA Today) and didn't he say something in that article in ESPN the mag last year?

I'm just sayin he should keep his mouth shut and let his play do the talking.

BAM
08-17-2004, 12:50 PM
(feels like an idiot):(

but what do u guys mean he hasnt said "jack shhhhhhhhhhhheeeeit". He's complained to newspapers (I believe someone said USA Today) and didn't he say something in that article in ESPN the mag last year?

I'm just sayin he should keep his mouth shut and let his play do the talking.

He was quoted as saying he would request a trade if next year McGahee took all his carries. I think they took his quote way out of context though. I'd bet my savings on it.

BAM
08-17-2004, 12:50 PM
oh.. and don't always believe what you hear my friend :up:

Novacane
08-17-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by BAM
He was quoted as saying he would request a trade if next year McGahee took all his carries. I think they took his quote way out of context though. I'd bet my savings on it.

The quote was that he would want to be traded if they split carries, nothing about McGahee taking all his carries. He said that does not work because a back needs all the carries to get into a rythem etc, etc. The article also never said anything about next year. If he was taken out of context all Travis needs to do is say so. I'd believe him. His silence speaks volumes. How much you have saved ;)

justasportsfan
08-17-2004, 01:26 PM
Henry should stop telling the truth which is what he did. "No comment" is all he should've said. Poor guy, he's had over 2 1300 season for us and Mcgahee is making so much more than he is.

Novacane
08-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Is Willis making a lot more than Travis? I thought his contract was based largely on meeting incentives. If anything he should be the one whining. He's the one who has $$$$$ riding on getting carries

HAMMER
08-17-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Is Willis making a lot more than Travis? I thought his contract was based largely on meeting incentives. If anything he should be the one whining. He's the one who has $$$$$ riding on getting carries

You nailed that Fairway. I thought the only way this tandem would not work was because of the performance bonuses in McGahee's contract as well. I am quite sure Rosenhaus will be ruffling some feathers next offseason if McGahee looks good.

thefixer74
08-17-2004, 01:43 PM
The trouble with Henry is he is not very smart.He is strong and tuff and can take a beating,gr8 stiff arm and a hell of a runner(one of my fav players),but not very smart.The media can trick him and twist his words to sell papers and make names for themselves.
Willis said it best,they are great friends on and off the field,and roommates,they play video games together and hang out when not at pratice.

It is all just media hype.

DraftBoy
08-17-2004, 01:55 PM
Media hype of not, the man needs to be muzzled. All he is doing is sounding pissy, and dont gimme this crap about the media targeting him he's a former pro-bowler for an NFL team, if he cant take the heat than get out of the fire. Nobody blames the media for targeting Bush about every damn this he does (sry couldnt resist). All he has to do is not answer or say no comment. What a henry lovefest. Im all for keeping in for the season and splitting the carries but its pretty damn clear to me that if it happens Henry will piss and moan and demand a deal. Thanks FTG for putting the quote in context btw.

Voltron
08-17-2004, 02:02 PM
For some historical preface to this argument here is a quote from Bob Matthews at the D and C

Thurman Thomas and Kenneth Davis proved that the Bills can be successful with two quality running backs. Here is how they fared in Buffalo's second and third Super Bowl seasons:

1991 — Thomas 288 carries for 1,407 yards plus 62 catches for 631 yards; Davis 129 carries for 624 yards plus 20 catches for 118 yards.

1992 — Thomas 312 carries for 1,487 yards plus 58 catches for 626 yards; Davis 139 carries for 613 yards plus 15 catches for 80 yards.

The ratio of runs for Thomas and Davis in 1991 and 1992 seems reasonable for Henry and McGahee this season. The big difference could be touches on pass plays. Thomas was a more reliable receiver than Henry, and McGahee should be a much more dangerous receiver than Davis was.

BAM
08-17-2004, 02:18 PM
His silence speaks volumes.

Silence? MOst people are saying he needs to be muzzled :dizzy:

The quote was that he would want to be traded if they split carries, nothing about McGahee taking all his carries.

You know what I meant ;)

BAM
08-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by thefixer74
The trouble with Henry is he is not very smart.He is strong and tuff and can take a beating,gr8 stiff arm and a hell of a runner(one of my fav players),but not very smart.The media can trick him and twist his words to sell papers and make names for themselves.
Willis said it best,they are great friends on and off the field,and roommates,they play video games together and hang out when not at pratice.

It is all just media hype.

Exactly. Excellent post!

Bill Brasky
08-17-2004, 03:26 PM
It really doesn't matter... if he said "no comment" people in this thread would find a problem with that too.

Novacane
08-17-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by BAM
Silence? MOst people are saying he needs to be muzzled :dizzy:

You know what I meant ;)

If he did not say that all he needs to say is they took me out of context and explain what he really meant. He can't do that because he said it.

Novacane
08-17-2004, 04:02 PM
It really doesn't matter... if he said "no comment" people in this thread would find a problem with that too.

bull ****

BAM
08-17-2004, 04:34 PM

I agree...

"Travis didn't say anything! He must have a hidden agenda! How rude of him not to speak out and clear himeself of this"

:rofl:

:down:

Bill Brasky
08-17-2004, 04:38 PM
The quote was that he would want to be traded if they split carries, nothing about McGahee taking all his carries. He said that does not work because a back needs all the carries to get into a rythem etc, etc. The article also never said anything about next year. If he was taken out of context all Travis needs to do is say so. I'd believe him. His silence speaks volumes. How much you have saved ;)

I beg to differ. It wasn't about SPLITTING carries, it was about being demoted to the 2nd string --

"If it comes to that, and they want to go in that direction, yeah, I would want to go elsewhere."
RB Travis Henry, in the Aug. 13 edition of USA Today, on wanting a trade if he is supplanted by Willis McGahee as the Bills' featured running back

Supplanted -- meaning that he would be demoted to either 2nd string or on the lesser end of the carries, which wouldn't mean splitting time.

Novacane
08-17-2004, 04:50 PM
I beg to differ. It wasn't about SPLITTING carries, it was about being demoted to the 2nd string --

"If it comes to that, and they want to go in that direction, yeah, I would want to go elsewhere."
RB Travis Henry, in the Aug. 13 edition of USA Today, on wanting a trade if he is supplanted by Willis McGahee as the Bills' featured running back

Supplanted -- meaning that he would be demoted to either 2nd string or on the lesser end of the carries, which wouldn't mean splitting time.

Did you read the entire article. I still have the paper here on my desk. Talk about taking things out of context :rolleyes:

Novacane
08-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by BAM
I agree...

"Travis didn't say anything! He must have a hidden agenda! How rude of him not to speak out and clear himeself of this"

He should clear himself on this and then no comment from here on out. He would not have to clear himself if he would have said no comment in the first place.

McBFLO
08-17-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Media hype of not, the man needs to be muzzled. All he is doing is sounding pissy, and dont gimme this crap about the media targeting him he's a former pro-bowler for an NFL team, if he cant take the heat than get out of the fire. Nobody blames the media for targeting Bush about every damn this he does (sry couldnt resist). All he has to do is not answer or say no comment. What a henry lovefest. Im all for keeping in for the season and splitting the carries but its pretty damn clear to me that if it happens Henry will piss and moan and demand a deal. Thanks FTG for putting the quote in context btw.

Before you start defending Bush, know whats going on...

McBFLO
08-17-2004, 05:01 PM
He should clear himself on this and then no comment from here on out. He would not have to clear himself if he would have said no comment in the first place.

I agree.