X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MustWin
    • Aug 2004

Travis Henry- Please Shut up!!!!

Hey guys this is my first post here................

Travis needs to be a team player and shut up and stop whining about his playing time. A lot of the great teams in the NFL have been successful with 2 great RBs. Look at what the Panthers did last year on their road to the superbowl with Davis and Foster.

Travis has really pissed me off lately and I wouldn't be at all dissapointed if we traded him at the end of the year.

Travis I admire you for the way you played through the pain last year but please shut up right now!!!!
    Last edited by MustWin; 08-17-2004, 01:40 AM.
  • gimpy
    • Jan 2003

Re: Travis Henry- Please Shut up!!!!

Originally posted by MustWin

Travis needs to be a team player and shut up and stop whining about his playing time. A lot of the great teams in the NFL have been successful with 2 great RBs. Look at what the Panthers did last year on their road to the superbowl with Davis and Foster.

Travis has really pissed me off lately and I wouldn't be at all dissapointed if we traded him at the end of the year.

Travis I admire you for the way you played through the pain last year but please shut up right now!!!!
    The guy hasn't complained at all.. this is all media bs and soap opera fans.
    Adversity doesn't create character, it reveals it..

Comment

• Hermanator21
      Bleed Red, White, and Blue
      • Mar 2004

Re: Travis Henry- Please Shut up!!!!

Look at the age diffrence.....25&23 compared to 24 & 32.........
      Put yourself in Henry's shoes and think about how you would react, being 25 and a workhorse for that team... I know I would feel alittle disrespected,ecspecially sice the media and some fans think the guy aiming for your job is gods gift to the world just because of one scrimmage and one preseason game..

Comment

• Throne Logic
        Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
        • Aug 2002

Travis has hardly said a word. The media has targeted him about this issue. They ask him questions like "Do you think you might want to be traded if Willis gets all of your playing time?". Travis answers, "Sure, I just might." Headlines the next morning read "Travis demanding a trade!"

This is rediculous. What's worse is that fans jump right on this media bandwagon and start bashing Travis.

Get off it, buddy. Travis is in a difficult situation. He has handled it quite well, especially in light of the media's actions.
        Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• BAM
          • Sep 2003

Re: Re: Travis Henry- Please Shut up!!!!

Originally posted by gimpy
          The guy hasn't complained at all.. this is all media bs and soap opera fans.

Originally posted by Throne Logic
          Travis has hardly said a word. The media has targeted him about this issue. They ask him questions like "Do you think you might want to be traded if Willis gets all of your playing time?". Travis answers, "Sure, I just might." Headlines the next morning read "Travis demanding a trade!"

This is rediculous. What's worse is that fans jump right on this media bandwagon and start bashing Travis.

Get off it, buddy. Travis is in a difficult situation. He has handled it quite well, especially in light of the media's actions.

Travis has really said Jack ****... I don't get where people are calling him out and are mad at him??? Damn media

Newsflash people... HE HASN'T SAID SHEEEIT

Comment

• Hemlepp53
            • Jul 2004

Read Other Posts On Henry and Get My Full View On Him And This Sitution. Travis is the man.. Willis is not ready... Let The Season PLay Out... Get OFf DREWS BACK AND Get Off TRAVIS's BACK...
            @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
              Travis is the man.. Willis is not ready... Let The Season PLay Out... Get OFf DREWS BACK AND Get Off TRAVIS's BACK...
              Couldn't agree more.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• don137
                • Jul 2002

All Henry did last year was carry the offense on his shoulders and play hurt when most players would of sat out. All he did was put the team before himself.
                I am getting more and more pissed at the media for trying to make this into a issue. It did bother me that during the game they kept showing Henry on the sidelines after almost every time McGahee touched the ball.
                Henry is getting no respect by the media and he deserves much better. The sad part some buy into what the media is selling (kind of reminds me of the liberal media and what they post as news) McGahee will get his chance but until he is 100% and plays a part time role for a full season then there will be reason to talk. Until then Henry is the man...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Actually, it's the fans and media that need to shut up. Henry's is no. 1 and WM is no 2.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    Actually, it's the fans and media that need to shut up. Henry's is no. 1 and WM is no 2.
                    'Nuff said.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                      • Jan 2004

1 - What the hell are you talking about?
                      2 - If I was the starter and had some guy coming in who hasn't played in almost a year in and half basically taking my job because the idot fans are all hyped up about his "potential" I'd be pretty pissed too, especially if I was doing a good job and had no reason to be losing my starting position. Not to mention the media is in this guy's face 24/7 about this issue and he's probably been asked the same ****ing question seven billion times...
                      3 - I don't know if you watched any games last year, but this guy was the only bright spot in a piss poor offense that has a sub-par line at best. I STILL DON'T GET WHY SOME PEOPLE WANT THIS GUY TRADED FOR AN UNPROVEN BACK WHEN HE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT CONSISTANT.

Sure, he is not the best RB in the league, but he gets the job done and what you get out of him is consistancy. He is the perfect back for the type of offense that Mularky says they are going to run this year because he is physical enough to wear down defenses and obviously he has proven he can take a pounding and still keep playing.

Regardless, I'm glad this guy is our back and I'd pick him to run the ball for my team any day of the week... especially on Sunday's.

We shouldn't be telling Travis to shut up... we should be telling all the idiot's who keep calling for McGahee to take his job. Travis has said jack **** other than "he would like a trade if he isn't the starter" which is completely justifiable.

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
                        Travis has said jack **** other than "he would like a trade if he isn't the starter" which is completely justifiable.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

Yea I don't like the way the media is tagetting him at all Travis hasn't said **** at all and all we are hearing is about Willis, don't get me wrong it is a very good problem to have 2 good RB's but we need Travis threw the season!!!!!!!!!!!
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                            • Jul 2004

Travis I admire you for the way you played through the pain last year but please shut up right now!!!! - MustWin

If You ADMIRE him than RESPECT him...
                            @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Wow. Everybody pile on the new guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X