X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Fans & Media Should Tread Lightly Regarding Henry

Amongst the now seemingly alarming although perhaps not so unpredictable and unexpected issues weighing the Bills down as the start of the regular season draws near, the Travis Henry-Willis McGahee situation needs to be paid attention to. Fans as well as national level media seem eager to generate a controversy regarding these two players.

Some things are obvious such as the blatantly common sense notion that both players, once its proven that McGahee is truly a star in the making when and if that fully occurs, will want to be the Bills’ primary ball carrier. It doesn’t take a seasoned analyst and genius to get that far. It also does not delve into the arena of fantasy to suggest and expect that perhaps some team politics and perhaps even fan favoritism will influence the outcome of that scenario.
    more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • kardshark19
    I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
    • Aug 2002

Man, I totally agree with Wys on that article involving Henry and McGahee.

Of course, then he turns the whole thing to a Bledsoe-bashing piece But I do think Henry is kinda getting shafted in many aspects, and hopes it doesn't rock the boat too much.
    If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."

Comment

• ryjam282
      Offical Billszone Starting QB
      • Mar 2003

Jeez, he starts out good by going into some nice detail about Henry and then.....Bledsoe bashing....Just typical Wys, just typical.

It is sad that the man can't do a complete article without going off on some tangent about Bledsoe being so bad....If he hates him so much,heres a thought, find another team then.

Ryan Withey
      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Yet, the applause at the stadium and hype for a RB who barely eked out four yards-per-carry largely on the merits of a single 16 yard run in the 2nd half, (3.5 yards-per-carry otherwise on 12 carries)
        He took away the longest run!!!

If there is a controversy then that is where it should be, between an aging has-been, brick-footed, archaic, slow-decision-making quarterback who is completely out of place in the modern NFL and a first round rookie draft pick who played the lights out.
        Best wys bash of Drew ever.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i cant bear to read more than the first paragraph.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Remember when wys used to bash Henry?

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

that was right up till about the final game of 2002 when they announced he had 1400 yards rushing on the season.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bulldog
                Top Dog
                • Jan 2003

His articles are worthless to me! I can't seem to get past the first paragraph.
                I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka

i cant bear to read more than the first paragraph.
                  Originally posted by Bulldog
                  His articles are worthless to me! I can't seem to get past the first paragraph.
                  Agreed Agreed... I Read the whole peice but it wasnt worth the read.. I waste alot of time trying to figure out whos saying what and why....
                  @Hemlepp53

Comment

• Voltron
                    • Jul 2002

Ok that one I will agree was WAY to long and too many tangents. He really went out of his way to jump on Bledsoe. Not that I blame him after watching the game again and seeing 3 broncos within 3 feet of Moulds on that int and Reed wide open in the endzone
                    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                    - Mark Twain

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                      • Jul 2002

Did'nt we already have a tread about this article yesterday?

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                        • Jul 2002

I would like to issue Wys a challenge to write an article without saying anything about Drew

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

Another voluminous diatribe by the eternal pessimist, brutal reading .

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                            I would like to issue Wys a challenge to write an article without saying anything about Drew
                            I'll lay a bet right now that even after Drew is gone he will use him in at least one article.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i chose not to read wys articles, because i like the guy, but i just disagree on alot of points with him.. and i dont like the repetative nature of his articles..

oddly enough... alot of you complain about them, but keep posting them minutes after they come out.

wys will end up landing a well paying gig at some point just based on the buzz every article he writes produces.

Comment

Working...
                              X