PDA

View Full Version : Fans & Media Should Tread Lightly Regarding Henry

The_Philster
08-17-2004, 03:08 AM
Amongst the now seemingly alarming although perhaps not so unpredictable and unexpected issues weighing the Bills down as the start of the regular season draws near, the Travis Henry-Willis McGahee situation needs to be paid attention to. Fans as well as national level media seem eager to generate a controversy regarding these two players.

Some things are obvious such as the blatantly common sense notion that both players, once its proven that McGahee is truly a star in the making when and if that fully occurs, will want to be the Bills’ primary ball carrier. It doesn’t take a seasoned analyst and genius to get that far. It also does not delve into the arena of fantasy to suggest and expect that perhaps some team politics and perhaps even fan favoritism will influence the outcome of that scenario...
more (http://bills.theinsiders.com/2/284512.html)

kardshark19
08-17-2004, 03:22 AM
Man, I totally agree with Wys on that article involving Henry and McGahee.

Of course, then he turns the whole thing to a Bledsoe-bashing piece :shakeno: But I do think Henry is kinda getting shafted in many aspects, and hopes it doesn't rock the boat too much. :pray:

ryjam282
08-17-2004, 07:00 AM
Jeez, he starts out good by going into some nice detail about Henry and then.....Bledsoe bashing....Just typical Wys, just typical.

It is sad that the man can't do a complete article without going off on some tangent about Bledsoe being so bad....If he hates him so much,heres a thought, find another team then.

Earthquake Enyart
08-17-2004, 07:12 AM
Yet, the applause at the stadium and hype for a RB who barely eked out four yards-per-carry largely on the merits of a single 16 yard run in the 2nd half, (3.5 yards-per-carry otherwise on 12 carries)

He took away the longest run!!!

If there is a controversy then that is where it should be, between an aging has-been, brick-footed, archaic, slow-decision-making quarterback who is completely out of place in the modern NFL and a first round rookie draft pick who played the lights out.

Best wys bash of Drew ever. :snicker:

Tatonka
08-17-2004, 07:44 AM
:shakeno:

i cant bear to read more than the first paragraph.

Earthquake Enyart
08-17-2004, 07:46 AM
Remember when wys used to bash Henry?

Tatonka
08-17-2004, 08:13 AM
that was right up till about the final game of 2002 when they announced he had 1400 yards rushing on the season.

Bulldog
08-17-2004, 08:59 AM
His articles are worthless to me! I can't seem to get past the first paragraph.

Hemlepp53
08-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
:shakeno:

i cant bear to read more than the first paragraph.

Originally posted by Bulldog
His articles are worthless to me! I can't seem to get past the first paragraph.

Agreed Agreed... I Read the whole peice but it wasnt worth the read.. I waste alot of time trying to figure out whos saying what and why....

Voltron
08-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Ok that one I will agree was WAY to long and too many tangents. He really went out of his way to jump on Bledsoe. Not that I blame him after watching the game again and seeing 3 broncos within 3 feet of Moulds on that int and Reed wide open in the endzone :shakeno:

Novacane
08-17-2004, 01:36 PM
Did'nt we already have a tread about this article yesterday?

Novacane
08-17-2004, 01:38 PM
I would like to issue Wys a challenge to write an article without saying anything about Drew :snicker:

HAMMER
08-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Another voluminous diatribe by the eternal pessimist, brutal reading .

Ebenezer
08-17-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I would like to issue Wys a challenge to write an article without saying anything about Drew :snicker:

I'll lay a bet right now that even after Drew is gone he will use him in at least one article.

Tatonka
08-17-2004, 01:41 PM
i chose not to read wys articles, because i like the guy, but i just disagree on alot of points with him.. and i dont like the repetative nature of his articles..

oddly enough... alot of you complain about them, but keep posting them minutes after they come out.

wys will end up landing a well paying gig at some point just based on the buzz every article he writes produces.

Earthquake Enyart
08-17-2004, 01:46 PM

wys will end up landing a well paying gig at some point just based on the buzz every article he writes produces.

*Jimi Hendrix music in backround* :smoke:

Ebenezer
08-17-2004, 01:47 PM

that is the point that drives the negativity of his tirades...get noticed...

justasportsfan
08-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Remember when wys used to bash Henry? Or predict Rob Johnson was gonna have a probowl season.

Voltron
08-17-2004, 02:07 PM

oddly enough... alot of you complain about them, but keep posting them minutes after they come out.

I thought that would end when the Zonebucks went away :shakeno:

LtBillsFan66
08-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Yet, the applause at the stadium and hype for a RB who barely eked out four yards-per-carry largely on the merits of a single 16 yard run in the 2nd half...

:rofl:

LtBillsFan66
08-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Yeah *******. Take away his 2 one yard runs from the goalline while you're at it.

Ebenezer
08-17-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Yeah *******. Take away his 2 one yard runs from the goalline while you're at it.

I wonder what Wys opinion of Barry Sanders was...you know...if you take away all those 80 yards runs Sanders averaged -0.3 yards per carry (I made that up)...

Earthquake Enyart
08-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
I wonder what Wys opinion of Barry Sanders was...you know...if you take away all those 80 yards runs Sanders averaged -0.3 yards per carry (I made that up)...

You're not far from the truth. Sanders would halways have about 20 yards in 15 carries, then break one.

He would probably love him then hate him. Or vice versa.

He's just like that idiot "coach" that used to be on the radio there. Always rubbing against the grain just to stir crap up.

T, where's the coach now, btw? In a garbage pile.

Ebenezer
08-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
T, where's the coach now, btw? In a garbage pile.

He "retired". Or the station "retired" him. Truthfully, he was getting up there in years and wanted to live in Florida and still do his show but it was extremely transparent.

Mr. Cynical
08-17-2004, 02:42 PM
Worst. Wys Article. Ever. :down:

I mean, I'll be honest and say that I totally agree with his view on Drew. You've all heard me ***** the same tune so that's not a shock to anyone. :D

But the comparison he tries to make with Drew and Henry is absurd and completely unnecessary. And his reasoning behind the team's record being better when Henry has more carries is like saying people get wet when it rains.

This article has definitely lowered my opinion of his writing skills.

BTW - what does "wys" stand for? It's a rather odd handle if that's all it was. :scratch:

Voltron
08-17-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
BTW - what does "wys" stand for? It's a rather odd handle if that's all it was. :scratch:

His wing sauce company is "Wys Wings"

It is very good sauce btw! :D

LtBillsFan66
08-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Good point Cynical. Stat obsessed *******s like wys don't realize that when you're winning, you run the ball to run time out. That's the main reason for the often misused stat about when a team runs x amount of times they win a higher percentage of games.

Philagape
08-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Whenever I take the time to read the words that Wys spells out, using my eyes, my understanding of the point that he is attempting to establish, whether intellectual or otherwise or perhaps even in the abstract, becomes somewhat obfuscated in the excessive, overwrought plethora of clauses, phrases, literary devices, run-on sentences, seemingly endless repetition of saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over many many times, and not only that, but also repeating things again, and the literal comprehension requires an abundance of patience while I navigate the canyons and mazes of sentences and paragraphs that turn the English language into an everlasting tempest more suitable for the instruction manual of a nuclear subparticle accelerator than a football article intended for the enjoyment of fanatics associated with a certain professional football team.

The_Philster
08-17-2004, 05:31 PM
As I looked over the first couple of paragraphs I was starting to wonder if Wys had hired a ghost writer...then it turned into the same stuff we're used to seeing.

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Did'nt we already have a tread about this article yesterday? nope...totally new article

Originally posted by Voltron
His wing sauce company is "Wys Wings"

It is very good sauce btw! :D No it's not. It's great :up: I just had some chicken breast smothered in sweet and tangy mild. :hungry:

LtBillsFan66
08-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Philagape
Whenever I take the time to read the words that Wys spells out, using my eyes, my understanding of the point that he is attempting to establish, whether intellectual or otherwise or perhaps even in the abstract, becomes somewhat obfuscated in the excessive, overwrought plethora of clauses, phrases, literary devices, run-on sentences, seemingly endless repetition of saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over many many times, and not only that, but also repeating things again, and the literal comprehension requires an abundance of patience while I navigate the canyons and mazes of sentences and paragraphs that turn the English language into an everlasting tempest more suitable for the instruction manual of a nuclear subparticle accelerator than a football article intended for the enjoyment of fanatics associated with a certain professional football team.

:rofl:

That's brilliant!

His sauce is ok, but very overrated.

Ebenezer
08-17-2004, 07:44 PM

My eyes now hurt and my brain farted after the 20th word.

Mr. Cynical
08-17-2004, 09:08 PM
I get that there is wys sauce, but I still wonder where the actual word "wys" came from. Tonk - you seem to have contact with him. Can you ask him? I'm just curious. :)

Tatonka
08-17-2004, 11:04 PM

Classic! :rofl:

I nominate this for post of the year.
I get that there is wys sauce, but I still wonder where the actual word "wys" came from. Tonk - you seem to have contact with him. Can you ask him? I'm just curious. :)

he actually called me today at work to catch up.. he is doing very well and his show should be back on after labor day... i will shoot him an email and ask him.. i really am not sure to be honest.

Michael82
08-18-2004, 08:26 AM
Classic! :rofl:

I nominate this for post of the year.

he actually called me today at work to catch up.. he is doing very well and his show should be back on after labor day... i will shoot him an email and ask him.. i really am not sure to be honest.

He's still doing that show!??!?! :rofl:

I'll try listening again....but if it's the same as before...a half hour tirade about how Bledsoe, Donahoe, and others suck...then OFF it goes. :shakeno:

Ebenezer
08-18-2004, 08:29 AM

might have something to do with his last name...

Originally posted by Mikey82
He's still doing that show!??!?! :rofl:

I'll try listening again....but if it's the same as before...a half hour tirade about how Bledsoe, Donahoe, and others suck...then OFF it goes. :shakeno:

...and what has happened to make you think it will be different?

Michael82
08-18-2004, 08:32 AM

...and what has happened to make you think it will be different?

I'm hoping that he realized how many people tried to call in and talk, but were never given the time...because he's rather ramble on for a 1/2 hour.

Mr. Cynical
08-18-2004, 09:07 PM

Weiler....Wys.

Well they both start with a W.... ;)