PDA

View Full Version : Coaching!!!!

justasportsfan
11-03-2002, 03:22 PM
GW- I have yet to figure out what his role is with this team. He certainly doesn't look like he's in the league of Parcells, Levy, (I hate to say this) Jimmy Johnson,Bellichik etc. He has nothing to do with the offense or should I say he isn't needed. Gilbride has that covered. Why doesn't he just concentrate on helping Gray ?

Gray obviously is starting to look like a useless body on the field. Wade Phillips seems to be doing a better job with the Falcons on his first year than Gray is on his second. We've picked up FA's and yet our D looks worse than it did last year. It's starting to look like he is just as bad of a coach as Sheppard or Carl Maulk was. Our D can't hang in there with the big boys. Sure, beat up on the Texans, Lions or an injured Miami. Big Deal!

Gilbride, so the O had a bad day. He was outcoached by Bellichik.

Bellichik is suppose to be a great defensive game planner. A defensive genius so they say. So what's up with GW?

ArcticWildMan
11-03-2002, 03:25 PM
I'm still unsure if it's the scheme, the lack of talent, or the lack of coaching ability that is our Defense's problem. We have enough talent, one would think, to be at least "average".

justasportsfan
11-03-2002, 03:27 PM
Thing is we supposedly have better talent than last year on both sides of the ball. Robinson and Fletcher are both uselees pick ups from off season.

ArcticWildMan
11-03-2002, 03:29 PM
Yeah...other than last weeks one play, Fletcher has been a disappointment in my book. He is not the impact player that he was touted to be. All I can say about Robinson is....Eddie WHO?? :scratch:

venis2k1
11-03-2002, 03:30 PM
no, fletcher has flashes of playing well, robinson is a flat out bum, our d-line sucks, and our wire(i know he is a rookie) cant cover anyone, watson is a joke, clements got burned on several plays, and no one can tackle. i hope they do ALOT of tackling drill durring the bye.

justasportsfan
11-03-2002, 03:42 PM
What kind of contracts did we give Fletcher, Robinson and the rest of those useless FA's? If this keeps up, we may have to get more FA's to take their place. Question is, how much are we paying them to sit on the sidelines.

justasportsfan
11-03-2002, 03:46 PM
As for fletcher, we don't need flashes. We need results. Let's not make the same mistake we did with Rob.Rob had flashes and that was it.

colin
11-03-2002, 03:52 PM
Our coaching is to blame. We need several players, but it is our garbage coaching that decided to put the green as grass Wire as our starter, and after Jenkins did better by a long shot we put him back in. Our D is no great shakes, but we made zero adjustments to screens, and NEVER RAN THE BALL. We could have run all over the faketriots, but instead we just did the same crap over and over again. We stink. A barely competant HC would have gotten us to make at least one adjustment over the half, and we made none.

ArcticWildMan
11-03-2002, 03:55 PM
Come on Colin....Wire hardly cost us the game. If anything, Watson did. Why do you have such an axe to grind with Wire?

justasportsfan
11-03-2002, 03:58 PM
For a rookie, Wire has done a good job compared to the other vets on the team

colin
11-03-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Come on Colin....Wire hardly cost us the game. If anything, Watson did. Why do you have such an axe to grind on Wire?

You are right that Watson is garbage, but wire has done jack. He can't cover anyone, and his role is to make an open tackle on the ball carier, but all he did was miss. He has missed MANY open field tackles this season, and he missed some open ones today. On the first third down he started his campaign of sucking.

ArcticWildMan
11-03-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by colin

You are right that Watson is garbage, but wire has done jack. He can't cover anyone, and his role is to make an open tackle on the ball carier, but all he did was miss. He has missed MANY open field tackles this season, and he missed some open ones today. On the first third down he started his campaign of sucking.

Well, it's obvious you don't like Coy. That's fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I think that Wire has played quite well and brings an intensity to the field that precious few of our players have.

He may be lacking in his coverage skills, but give him a year under his belt and he is going to be very good IMO.

Rather than bash on a rookie who has minimal impact, look at the veterens making mistakes. Fletcher seems to disappear for entire games and the self proclaimed Pro Bowl corner Clements gets burned more than he makes plays any more. Eddie Robinson plays at a practice team level and Watson needs to read Tackling in the NFL for Dummies.

SABURZFAN
11-03-2002, 04:10 PM
our coaches stink....PERIOD!!!!!

venis2k1
11-03-2002, 04:12 PM
that is the under statement of the year

mybills
11-03-2002, 04:16 PM
Defensive coaching SUCKS!

If you know what you're doing, you can turn the WORST players into something WORTHY! It's NOT the players, it's the COACHING!!
This guy is as inconsistant, as a vibrator with a short. :madcurse:

JayWood
11-03-2002, 04:17 PM
All I can say after today is thank god we have the bye week coming up. Other than that Iam in no mind set to start analyzing what i saw today. Will do that tommorow. Pathetic I think is one word to sum up today. This team was brought back down to earth and fast

colin
11-03-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan

Well, it's obvious you don't like Coy. That's fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I think that Wire has played quite well and brings an intensity to the field that precious few of our players have.

He may be lacking in his coverage skills, but give him a year under his belt and he is going to be very good IMO.

Rather than bash on a rookie who has minimal impact, look at the veterens making mistakes. Fletcher seems to disappear for entire games and the self proclaimed Pro Bowl corner Clements gets burned more than he makes plays any more. Eddie Robinson plays at a practice team level and Watson needs to read Tackling in the NFL for Dummies.

It is not that I don't like Wire, it is that he is not any good. He has some potential, but potential does not make tackles. He tries hard, but he is not as good a player as Jenkins is. Wire missed SO many open tackles today it blew my mind. I blame the coaching of course, but putting Jenkins in there would have been a step in the right direction. No team can afford for a Safety to make bad plays, not making great ones is OK, but don't blow the easy stuff.

Shiny Chicken
11-03-2002, 05:04 PM
I dunno... I really don't think Wire has been playing all that badly either...

Ingtar33
11-03-2002, 05:10 PM
Jenkins did play today... it was him and Fletcher who missed Faulk in the open field to make the game 24-7... in fact he played the whole opening series of the 3rd quarter and missed (by my count) 3 tackles.

Fletcher was caught over pursuing all day, Robinson is clearly not fast enough, and Newman was a joke. The sad thing is Fletcher and Wire are the only two "ball hawks" on this team, flowing to the football... unfortunately they are both guilty of the same things... over pursuit and shoddy tackling. Outside of those two, there are no playmakers on this D (with the exceptions of Williams and Schoebel, who both had good games). The sad thing is that in the NFL, a team is only as good as its weakest link. Right now we only have 5 starting quality defensive starters on this team (Winfield, Clements, Fletcher, Schoebel, and Williams).

colin
11-03-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
Jenkins did play today... it was him and Fletcher who missed Faulk in the open field to make the game 24-7... in fact he played the whole opening series of the 3rd quarter and missed (by my count) 3 tackles.

Fletcher was caught over pursuing all day, Robinson is clearly not fast enough, and Newman was a joke. The sad thing is Fletcher and Wire are the only two "ball hawks" on this team, flowing to the football... unfortunately they are both guilty of the same things... over pursuit and shoddy tackling. Outside of those two, there are no playmakers on this D (with the exceptions of Williams and Schoebel, who both had good games). The sad thing is that in the NFL, a team is only as good as its weakest link. Right now we only have 5 starting quality defensive starters on this team (Winfield, Clements, Fletcher, Schoebel, and Williams).

He ain't Roy Williams, but he can cover a little, and Wire misses tackles when he has a B line on the player. He tries to rock them and does not wrap up. It is not that I hate Wire, he just is not yet ready for prime time.

And I totally agree that we have jack talent on the D, but making zero adjustments over the course of the entire game, especially since we owned NE last year as far as controlling their O, is just inexcusible. We could have held them to 30 points or so and run a bit and I think we could have won.

SABURZFAN
11-03-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
that is the under statement of the year

i couldn't tell how i really felt without violating the TOS.

WCoastFin
11-03-2002, 07:34 PM
you also got outcoached....GW seems to calm, and at times I forget he is even there.

justasportsfan
11-04-2002, 02:22 AM
If our coaches keep getting outsmarted despite our weapons , it's safe to say we aren't going anywhere this year or next unless something is done. I can't say we lack the talent because the Pats don't have much compared to us and yet they blew us away by calling the right plays and made the right moves. Drew was either sacked, hurried or knocked down most of the time.

As for our D they looked like a bunch of high school players.

In his post game interview Greg said he knew and saw those defensive look last year. Why then didn't they make the right adjustments?

WCoastFin
11-04-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by JayWood
All I can say after today is thank god we have the bye week coming up. Other than that Iam in no mind set to start analyzing what i saw today. Will do that tommorow. Pathetic I think is one word to sum up today. This team was brought back down to earth and fast

Actaully, I hate it when I went into the bye after a loss....it puts you, as a fan, in a position where youre eager to get your team back on the field and back on track....now you will just sit and watch other teams win next week and some may even pass you up.....BTW, after a loss going into the bye, the hilights the next morning are like a nasty hangover and you get this bad taste in your mouth, Yuck!:boozer: :gag: :drool: