X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Losman debut surprisingly strong

Rookie quarterbacks are supposed to hit the ground stumbling.

Even for the most promising among them, the first preseason game is usually a cross between a bad day at the office and a bad case of indigestion.

You expect to see poor throws and even worse decisions. You basically view everything beyond a successful first center exchange as a bonus.

That is, unless you happen to be talking about J.P. Losman.

After watching him practice during the early days of the Buffalo Bills' training camp, I wasn't too sure he would even get that right in his Aug. 16 preseason debut against the Denver Broncos.

At times, Losman's initial workouts were downright pathetic. They were so filled with indecision and mistakes that you began to wonder what the Bills were thinking last April when they made the trade with Dallas for the extra first-round pick (22nd overall) to spend on the former Tulane star.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Let's just hope he keeps playing well.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• MustWin
      • Aug 2004

JP will be a successful NFL QB. I guarantee it.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
        • Jan 2004

Wow.

Strong words from Vic on one game.
        You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

does adam sandler know his brother plays in the nfl?
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
          X