PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry to Miami?

Marv's Dirty Diapers
08-17-2004, 03:04 PM
The scuttlebutt now is that Travis Henry might be traded for a 1st round pick to Miami.

I don't see why we should hand the Fish a RB.

Should Donohoe be fired immediately if he pulls this crap?

The Spaz
08-17-2004, 03:08 PM
It'd not going to happen. There have been many reports out of Miami that the Dolphins should go after this guiy but really it's just wishful thinking on Miami's part.

LtBillsFan66
08-17-2004, 03:08 PM
No way.

Canadian'eh!
08-17-2004, 03:11 PM
why does this keep coming up? when did it become acceptable to even SUGGEST trading a good player to a division rival..... morons

Mr. Cynical
08-17-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
why does this keep coming up? when did it become acceptable to even SUGGEST trading a good player to a division rival..... morons

Since '01 when the Pats traded Drew.

Oh wait, you said "good" player. My bad. You're right.

:jk:

(I just couldn't resist that one)

don137
08-17-2004, 03:23 PM
The difference between Bledsoe and Henry is that Bledsoe had a much higher salary so NE was more forced to trade him. If McGahee unseats Henry for the 2005 season Henry will not get traded to a division rival even if that was the only offer on the table (then again the Bills may get a top 10 pick for Henry if he is traded to Miami) :snicker:

Ebenezer
08-17-2004, 03:34 PM
2005 1st Rounder
Ogunuleye...

and then we can start talking...

Mr. Cynical
08-17-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
2005 1st Rounder
Ogunuleye...

Start talking? I'd say we can sign the deal and get drunk at that point.

:beer:

Novacane
08-17-2004, 03:35 PM
2005 1st Rounder
Ogunuleye...

I'd take that since we'd probably be getting a top 10 pick :D

Ebenezer
08-17-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
Start talking? I'd say we can sign the deal and get drunk at that point.

:beer:

if it were outside the division I would but it is Miami...have to stick it to them really good...:snicker:

Ebenezer
08-17-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I'd take that since we'd probably be getting a top 10 pick :D

possibly. remember, we were 6-10 last season and drafted 11th.

tomdonahoe
08-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Please stop this nonsense. The Doll-fans have two glaring problems in their RB situation and their DE holding out and some of you guys want to solve both of them. I don't get it.

I wouldn't trade Travis Henry's chewed up gum to the stinkin Miami Doll-fans. What happened to the hatred? I'm I the only one that still possesses it? Screw them, I just pray Jay Feidler doesn’t get hurt.

illusionone
08-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by tomdonahoe
Please stop this nonsense. The Doll-fans have two glaring problems in their RB situation and their DE holding out and some of you guys want to solve both of them. I don't get it.

I wouldn't trade Travis Henry's chewed up gum to the stinkin Miami Doll-fans. What happened to the hatred? I'm I the only one that still possesses it? Screw them, I just pray Jay Feidler doesn’t get hurt.

Not only that nut maGhee hasn't proved dick, he has scored a few goal line TD's against players that will be puming gas by septmember 1st. He had one breakout run for 14 yards.......Give me a break......plus, we will need both running backs to even have a chance this year...MaGhee, Henry, Moulds, Evans...They have no idea where we are going with the ball....

BAM
08-17-2004, 04:37 PM
:lolpoint:

Originally posted by Marv's Dirty Diapers
The scuttlebutt

Canadian'eh!
08-17-2004, 04:46 PM
Actually, this brings up an interesting thought...

Could our D stop TH?

I think they could... because he lacks Big play speed i think our Run D would be able tto shut him down pretty well... I don't think he would have as much success punding the ball on our DT's and LB's as he does against the teams he has excelled against.

thoughts?

Tatonka
08-17-2004, 04:51 PM
2005 1st Rounder
Ogunuleye...

how bout just 2 first rounders as a minimum.. i dont want Ogun.. a player that holds out and whines when he doesnt get the largest contract for a defensive end in the league?

i dont want to see TD pay a guy that benifited from playing with the dolphins good defensive line like a top tier DE.. he had one very good season, and one ok season. that is not worth more than jason taylor.. sorry.

trading henry to a division rival would be suicide for years to come.

Iehoshua
08-17-2004, 05:25 PM
This writer thinks Miami should pursue him heavily....
(registration required)
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/football/pro/orl-sptharry17081704aug17,1,7267756.column?coll=orl-sports-headlines

The Miami Dolphins would be fools not to be monitoring the dynamic playing out in the Buffalo Bills' backfield. The Dolphins, judging from some of their curious maneuvers during the offseason, might be misguided, but they're not foolish.

As such, they should be ready to show Travis Henry the love he isn't getting from the Bills.

While he's no Ricky Williams, new General Manager Rick Spielman and back-to-the-wall Coach Dave Wannstedt could do a lot worse than Henry, given their dire circumstances in the backfield after Williams' sudden retirement and the totally unrealistic expectations resting on their team.

"Backs split time in high school and college," said Henry, already the fourth-leading rusher in Bills history. "At this level, if you've got a feature back, you let him run. You let him do what he does. You get three plays; he gets three plays. Nah. You can't get into rhythm like that."

It's true. Having two marquee runners on the same team makes it tough. Ask the New Orleans Saints (Williams vs. Deuce McAllister). Ask the New York Giants (Tiki Barber vs. Ron Dayne). Ask the Atlanta Falcons (Warrick Dunn vs. T.J. Duckett).

For the time being, new Bills Coach Mike Murlarkey has tap-danced around the running back duel. And he should. GM Tom Donahoe, who with four consecutive non-playoff seasons could be fighting to keep his job this season, probably is waiting for the right time to place that call to the Dolphins.

What's that? The Dolphins and Bills are rivals in the AFC East? So what? Buffalo already has established precedent on making trades within the division (Drew Bledsoe from the New England Patriots).

This one just makes too much sense. More sense than a player of Henry's productivity twisting in the Ralph Wilson Stadium winds.

Miami would have to sell their souls, IMO. Ogunuleye, two first rounders and a second round is getting warmer... :D

BillyT92679
08-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Foolishness
Bills must not and will not trade Henry to the Dolphins!

Mr. Cynical
08-17-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
"Backs split time in high school and college," said Henry, already the fourth-leading rusher in Bills history. "At this level, if you've got a feature back, you let him run. You let him do what he does. You get three plays; he gets three plays. Nah. You can't get into rhythm like that."

It's true. Having two marquee runners on the same team makes it tough. Ask the New Orleans Saints (Williams vs. Deuce McAllister). Ask the New York Giants (Tiki Barber vs. Ron Dayne). Ask the Atlanta Falcons (Warrick Dunn vs. T.J. Duckett).

For the time being, new Bills Coach Mike Murlarkey has tap-danced around the running back duel. And he should. GM Tom Donahoe, who with four consecutive non-playoff seasons could be fighting to keep his job this season, probably is waiting for the right time to place that call to the Dolphins.

Great analysis IMO. And Henry's quote is more proof that "it ain't gonna work". :cynic:

I respect him and I do think he has a right to be upset. So f**k it. Trade him if we can get the goods. I'm tired of having drama every year and I'm tired of the endless mediocrity. Anything to get the Bills out of the crap heap I'm for.

WM was getting stronger with each run (finally saw the game on tape) and you have to take chances/risk when it presents itself. If we can take advantage of the Fish's dismal fortune, then we should grab the bull by the balls and do it.

The Spaz
08-17-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm thinking it's a Fin fan that started this thread come on "Marv's dirty Diapers" WTF kind of name is that.:rofl::lol:

Jan Reimers
08-17-2004, 05:59 PM
This trade Henry crap is the biggest load of s*** I have ever heard. For God's Sake, McGahee has carried exactly 13 times in 1 preseason game, while Travis has run for over 1300 yards in each of the last 2 seasons. Travis is an extremely durable warrior, while Willis is a complete unknown.

And if the "Trade Henry" contingent would have gotten their collective heads out of their collective butts during Sunday night's game, they might have noticed that McGahee still does not have the blazing speed or cutting ability that he had before the injury - and no one can be sure if he ever will.

The incessantly idiotic posts on this issue are causing me to lose my generally good humor.

Mr. Cynical
08-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Phone rings.

TD: "Yeah."

Wanny: (clears throat) "Um, Mr. Donohoe? We're really in a pickle this year."

TD: "So?"

Wanny: "If it wouldn't be too much trouble, we'd like to propose a trade for Travis."

TD: "I'm listening."

Wanny: (clears throat again) "What would you say if we were willing to trade our entire 2005 draft, Ogunleye, Taylor and Thomas?"

TD: "Not good enough. Travis is our ultimate weapon and we aren't going to trade him for anything in the whole wide world."

:tongue:

Ebenezer
08-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by BillyT92679
Foolishness
Bills must not and will not trade Henry to the Dolphins!

how about to the Raiders??? who then trade him to the dolphins for the rights to get Ricky Williams??

The_Philster
08-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Phone rings.

TD: "Yeah."

Wanny: (clears throat) "Um, Mr. Donohoe? We're really in a pickle this year."

TD: "So?"

Wanny: "If it wouldn't be too much trouble, we'd like to propose a trade for Travis."

TD: "I'm listening."

Wanny: (clears throat again) "What would you say if we were willing to trade our entire 2005 draft, Ogunleye, Taylor and Thomas?"

TD: "Not good enough. Travis is our ultimate weapon and we aren't going to trade him for anything in the whole wide world."

:tongue: :lol: I love it

BillyT92679
08-17-2004, 09:06 PM
how about to the Raiders??? who then trade him to the dolphins for the rights to get Ricky Williams??
I really can't tell if you're being facetious or earnest, but I'll reply. :-)
Who on the Raiders is worth a trade for Henry? I would personally trade for Johnny Morant who I hear is having a terrific camp (a kid who always underachieved at Syracuse but has unbelievable talent if pushed properly) and the Raiders 1st next year.

BillyT92679
08-17-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by BillyT92679
I really can't tell if you're being facetious or earnest, but I'll reply. :-)
Who on the Raiders is worth a trade for Henry? I would personally trade for Johnny Morant who I hear is having a terrific camp (a kid who always underachieved at Syracuse but has unbelievable talent if pushed properly) and the Raiders 1st next year.

But that is in a vacuum, I would never get rid of Travis!

The Natrix
08-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Since '01 when the Pats traded Drew.

Oh wait, you said "good" player. My bad. You're right.

:jk:

(I just couldn't resist that one)

:lol:

Charlieguide
08-17-2004, 11:05 PM

Intersting point: you can never predict how trading a player to any team can come back to haunt you. If you don't have him, someone else does, and you eventually have to face him.

Right now, this is a non-issue. Like so many other stories, the press broke this one too soon in the hopes of creating the story. They succeeded in goading Henry into responses, but hopefully, it just fuels his fire, and impresses MM.

SABURZFAN
08-18-2004, 06:38 AM
2005 1st Rounder
Ogunuleye...

i was thinking the same thing.:D

SABURZFAN
08-18-2004, 06:41 AM

the FISH fans would commit suicide if that happened.hell,Finheaven would go "belly up."

Mr. Miyagi
08-18-2004, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Darth Buffalo
It's true. Having two marquee runners on the same team makes it tough. Ask the New Orleans Saints (Williams vs. Deuce McAllister). Ask the New York Giants (Tiki Barber vs. Ron Dayne). Ask the Atlanta Falcons (Warrick Dunn vs. T.J. Duckett
Did this guy just call Ron Dayne and Warrick Dunn "marquee runners? :eek:

elltrain22
08-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Not going to happen. bills woudnt deal him to a division rival. But it would be inticing if they threw in Ogenleye