X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Ex-Bill Great Brown Starting at LG

"He's played alot of football there" said coach Lovie Smith "That's the beauty of having a guy like Ruebon Brown.."

LINK

I guess he's no longer on the Bubble on that "Sorry Line"... seems like the Bears line has more depth, experience, and leadership than we have.

I sure would like to have the options that Chicago has in line depth.

Maybe he will get to his 9th straight Pro Bowl.. since he is soo popular around the League.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by juice
    "He's played alot of football there" said coach Lovie Smith "That's the beauty of having a guy like Ruebon Brown.."

LINK

I guess he's no longer on the Bubble on that "Sorry Line"... seems like the Bears line has more depth, experience, and leadership than we have.

Maybe he will get to his 9th straight Pro Bowl.. since he is soo popular around the League.

Here's the reason.

With Tucker out, Ruben Brown moved from right guard to left guard and Mike Gandy replaced Brown at right guard Tuesday. Both are expected to begin the regular season in those positions with Terrence Metcalf, who's currently sidelined with an ankle injury, serving as the No. 3 "swing" guard.

Comment

• finsrclowns
      • Apr 2004

What's Tucker's injury?
      finsrclowns

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Must be nice to bring an 8 time Pro Bowler off of the bench.. Who would you say is our 3rd best lineman, or do we have one?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by finsrclowns
          What's Tucker's injury?
          dislocated elbow

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Must be nice to bring an 8 time Pro Bowler off of the bench.. Who would you say is our 3rd best lineman, or do we have one?
            You just don't get it do you. He isn't even good enough to start unless there is an injury.

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by finsrclowns
              What's Tucker's injury?
              Dislocated left elbow out 8-10 weeks.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

I was gonna say the same thing Spaz, e.g., the only reason he is starting is because of hthe injury to Tucker. But after reading that quote again it looks like Booben was already starting at RG. Am I missing something?

One thing I won't miss is his defensive attitude:

"I've been telling you all the same thing and I'm going to say it again: I'm here to be a part of the team; that's it," Brown said. "If it's right guard, then it's right guard. If it's left guard, it's left guard. That's what I do.

"I could play both. It don't matter. I don't think I've been doing a bad job at right. If they want me at left, that's where I'll play. If they want me at right, that's where I'll play."

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                  You just don't get it do you. He isn't even good enough to start unless there is an injury.
                  How can you say that.. Have you seen him practice? Many posters here said that Brown would be the week 1 starter. That guy will never get RB off of the field.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                    I was gonna say the same thing Spaz, e.g., the only reason he is starting is because of hthe injury to Tucker. But after reading that quote again it looks like Booben was already starting at RG. Am I missing something?

One thing I won't miss is his defensive attitude:

"I've been telling you all the same thing and I'm going to say it again: I'm here to be a part of the team; that's it," Brown said. "If it's right guard, then it's right guard. If it's left guard, it's left guard. That's what I do.

"I could play both. It don't matter. I don't think I've been doing a bad job at right. If they want me at left, that's where I'll play. If they want me at right, that's where I'll play."

I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Brown is washed up.

Comment

• juice
                        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        Brown is washed up.
                        So how did our Line look today.. and potential Pro Bowlers?

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

So how did our Line look today.. and potential Pro Bowlers?
                          False Start #79 offense
                          Holding #79 offense
                          False Start #79 offense

Comment

• qcsabresfan84
                            • Feb 2003

Re: Ex-Bill Great Brown Starting at LG

LINK

the only reason he's made the pro bowl the last few times was just because people were used to voting him in. there arent a lot of wellknown lineman so the people voting just picked the name they knew. a pro bowl for ruben brown has nothing to do with his skill level anymore.
                            N.C. STATE WOLFPACK

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              False Start #79 offense
                              Holding #79 offense
                              False Start #79 offense

As opposed to Bledsoe getting sacked and suffering head injuries behind our No-Name O-Line.. I'll take the holding penalties.

Comment

Working...
                              X