PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Bill Great Brown Starting at LG

juice
08-17-2004, 09:15 PM
"He's played alot of football there" said coach Lovie Smith "That's the beauty of having a guy like Ruebon Brown.."

LINK (www.chicagobears.com/news/newsdetail.jsp?id=2975)

I guess he's no longer on the Bubble on that "Sorry Line"... seems like the Bears line has more depth, experience, and leadership than we have.

I sure would like to have the options that Chicago has in line depth.

Maybe he will get to his 9th straight Pro Bowl.. since he is soo popular around the League.

The Spaz
08-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by juice
"He's played alot of football there" said coach Lovie Smith "That's the beauty of having a guy like Ruebon Brown.."

I guess he's no longer on the Bubble on that "Sorry Line"... seems like the Bears line has more depth, experience, and leadership than we have.

Maybe he will get to his 9th straight Pro Bowl.. since he is soo popular around the League.

Here's the reason.

With Tucker out, Ruben Brown moved from right guard to left guard and Mike Gandy replaced Brown at right guard Tuesday. Both are expected to begin the regular season in those positions with Terrence Metcalf, who's currently sidelined with an ankle injury, serving as the No. 3 "swing" guard.

finsrclowns
08-17-2004, 09:21 PM
What's Tucker's injury?

juice
08-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Must be nice to bring an 8 time Pro Bowler off of the bench.. Who would you say is our 3rd best lineman, or do we have one?

The Spaz
08-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by finsrclowns
What's Tucker's injury?

dislocated elbow

The Spaz
08-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Must be nice to bring an 8 time Pro Bowler off of the bench.. Who would you say is our 3rd best lineman, or do we have one?

You just don't get it do you. He isn't even good enough to start unless there is an injury.

juice
08-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by finsrclowns
What's Tucker's injury?

Dislocated left elbow out 8-10 weeks.

Mr. Cynical
08-17-2004, 09:27 PM
I was gonna say the same thing Spaz, e.g., the only reason he is starting is because of hthe injury to Tucker. But after reading that quote again it looks like Booben was already starting at RG. Am I missing something? :idunno:

One thing I won't miss is his defensive attitude:

"I've been telling you all the same thing and I'm going to say it again: I'm here to be a part of the team; that's it," Brown said. "If it's right guard, then it's right guard. If it's left guard, it's left guard. That's what I do.

"I could play both. It don't matter. I don't think I've been doing a bad job at right. If they want me at left, that's where I'll play. If they want me at right, that's where I'll play."

:rolleyes:

juice
08-17-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
You just don't get it do you. He isn't even good enough to start unless there is an injury.

How can you say that.. Have you seen him practice? Many posters here said that Brown would be the week 1 starter. That guy will never get RB off of the field.

Michael82
08-17-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
I was gonna say the same thing Spaz, e.g., the only reason he is starting is because of hthe injury to Tucker. But after reading that quote again it looks like Booben was already starting at RG. Am I missing something? :idunno:

One thing I won't miss is his defensive attitude:

"I've been telling you all the same thing and I'm going to say it again: I'm here to be a part of the team; that's it," Brown said. "If it's right guard, then it's right guard. If it's left guard, it's left guard. That's what I do.

"I could play both. It don't matter. I don't think I've been doing a bad job at right. If they want me at left, that's where I'll play. If they want me at right, that's where I'll play."

:rolleyes:

:rofl: I was thinking the same thing. :D

Michael82
08-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Brown is washed up. :snicker:

juice
08-17-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Brown is washed up. :snicker:

So how did our Line look today.. and potential Pro Bowlers?

Michael82
08-17-2004, 09:41 PM
So how did our Line look today.. and potential Pro Bowlers?

False Start #79 offense
Holding #79 offense
False Start #79 offense

:snicker:

qcsabresfan84
08-17-2004, 09:42 PM

the only reason he's made the pro bowl the last few times was just because people were used to voting him in. there arent a lot of wellknown lineman so the people voting just picked the name they knew. a pro bowl for ruben brown has nothing to do with his skill level anymore.

juice
08-17-2004, 09:45 PM
False Start #79 offense
Holding #79 offense
False Start #79 offense

As opposed to Bledsoe getting sacked and suffering head injuries behind our No-Name O-Line.. I'll take the holding penalties.

BAM
08-17-2004, 09:51 PM
I guarantee you we have less sacks than last year, now that Silt Fence Brown is gone.

lunatic_bills_fan
08-17-2004, 09:54 PM
As opposed to Bledsoe getting sacked and suffering head injuries behind our No-Name O-Line.. I'll take the holding penalties.

Yeah I forgot how few sacks we had last year. *Note to juice, think before you type*

Our O-line may not be that good right now, nobody is saying it is. However, what people are saying is that having RB back at this point in his career would not make our O-line any better.

Mr. Cynical
08-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by lunatic_bills_fan
Yeah I forgot how few sacks we had last year. *Note to juice, think before you type*

:rofl:

juice
08-17-2004, 10:30 PM

Our O-line may not be that good right now, nobody is saying it is. However, what people are saying is that having RB back at this point in his career would not make our O-line any better.

Read the posts before you type, who said RB was coming back in this thread, He is a starter in Chi-town.. I said that before you release your line leader you should have a viable plan in place to replace him either through Free Agency or the draft.

I'm sure almost all of the sacks last year was because of Browns poor play and not because we have had no upgrades in the talent level of the line in the past 5 years.

Tatonka
08-17-2004, 10:41 PM
dude.. your worse than a woman watching "Gone with the Wind"... well frankly, Scarlet, I dont give a damn...

:cry:

Goobylal
08-17-2004, 11:12 PM
The Bears have a crappy O-line. The only good player is their center, Olin Kreutz. Losing Tucker is a huge blow for them since with a crappy O-line, your backups are obviously even crappier. I'll take my chances with the guys the Bills have, McNally coaching them, and Clements and Mularkey designing plays to help hide their weaknesses, thankyouverymuch! Ruben is another year older and NOT another year better.

Earthquake Enyart
08-18-2004, 06:22 AM
They've also been baggin on Brown here for being lazy in practice. He was on his way to getting cut before the injuries to Tucker and Metcalf.

juice
08-18-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
They've also been baggin on Brown here for being lazy in practice. He was on his way to getting cut before the injuries to Tucker and Metcalf.

My how things have changed, he's getting praise from the Head Coach for taking out two defenders while pulling on a reverse.. E-Dub, be careful what you read on the Rumor Mill.

casdhf
08-18-2004, 07:16 AM
Damn Juice, you've got a bigger hard-on for Ruben, than anyone ever had for Doug Flutie or Rob Johnson. I'm sorry for you. :(

Tatonka
08-18-2004, 07:19 AM
dont forget izelle reese.. he wants to make sweet love to him too...

:puke:

I'M A BELIEVER
08-18-2004, 08:02 AM
Juice....believe it or not, I am with you on Reuben....but not because he was a ProBowler....that means jack to me....
But what I would love to see, now that there is no chance Reuben will be cut and make it back onto this roster....I would love to see you talk about something else besides RB....it is just getting old.....how about hopping on the Trade Mike Williams Bandwagon or something...

Bulldog
08-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by I'M A BELIEVER
Juice, I would love to see you talk about something else besides RB....it is just getting old.....how about hopping on the Trade Mike Williams Bandwagon or something...

Or he could just stop posting all together. Maybe the Bears have a cool web site to post on. Or I found this site that you can try: www.iwanttolickrubensnutsack.com (http://)

TedMock
08-18-2004, 08:17 AM
My how things have changed, he's getting praise from the Head Coach for taking out two defenders while pulling on a reverse.. E-Dub, be careful what you read on the Rumor Mill.

That wasn't the rumor mill. The comments on Ruben's practice habits came right from Lovie Smith's mouth. I was in Chicago this weekend and watched him say it. Unless, of course, the media dubbed Lovie Smith's voice just to bag on Brown. I'm not trying to rag on you, but I actually watched Lovie Smith comment on Brown. Hey, our line sucks right now. Nobody's disputing that. Our line also sucked last year, we're no worse off. Not better either, but no worse.

BAM
08-18-2004, 08:18 AM
That link is broken.

Bulldog
08-18-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by BAM
That link is broken.

:lol:

Novacane
08-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Hey Juice,

why don't you go find a Bears board to hang out at. You are a bigger RB fan than you are a Bills fan.

THATHURMANATOR
08-18-2004, 09:50 AM
JUICE.

Brown made big money and was clearly in decline. He was replaced by Villareal who is very capable and makes less money. Brown is most definitly better than Pucillo but we couldn't handle his huge salary anymore. Why don't you understand this?

Michael82
08-18-2004, 09:57 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Juice is really Ruben Brown himself? :scratch: :idunno:

Novacane
08-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Juice is really Ruben Brown himself? :scratch: :idunno:

I think he's Rubens illegitimate son

McBFLO
08-18-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
Damn Juice, you've got a bigger hard-on for Ruben, than anyone ever had for Doug Flutie or Rob Johnson. I'm sorry for you. :(

ha ha!

McBFLO
08-18-2004, 10:32 AM

nicely put...

Read the posts before you type, who said RB was coming back in this thread, He is a starter in Chi-town.. I said that before you release your line leader you should have a viable plan in place to replace him either through Free Agency or the draft.

I'm sure almost all of the sacks last year was because of Browns poor play and not because we have had no upgrades in the talent level of the line in the past 5 years.

Line leader? I kinda thought Jonas Jennings was our best lineman last year. Also, not sure if you remember because you were probably too busy lick RB's nuts, but we drafted an O-lineman with the 4th overall pick just recently. Sure, he hasn;t performed up to his potential, but he has more talent than RB ever had! You're fighting a losing battle Juice. Give it up already!

BillsRockSOMUCH
08-18-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by pepperkorn

Line leader? I kinda thought Jonas Jennings was our best lineman last year. Also, not sure if you remember because you were probably too busy lick RB's nuts, but we drafted an O-lineman with the 4th overall pick just recently. Sure, he hasn;t performed up to his potential, but he has more talent than RB ever had! You're fighting a losing battle Juice. Give it up already!
I thought Jennings was by far our best lineman, he's becoming a solid LT in this league. (WE CANNOT LET HIM GO THIS OFFSEASON!!!) I have no idea about Mike but I'm sure McNally will work hard, it is his third season, he's getting more and more experience, he could very well have a breakout year. Juice you have to realize Rueben is well past his prime. He's aging and declining. He is not a pro-bowl lineman anymore!!!

juice
08-18-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
dont forget izelle reese.. he wants to make sweet love to him too...

:puke:

Hows Coy Wire Looked thus far, Isn't he back at SS?

Do you still stand behind your statement that Coy will start over Reese.

Wow tonk your a great judge of talent, Didn't you also say that Willis would be a flop, and that Bledsoe was the worse thing to happen to the Bills since Rob Johnson?

You sound like some watered-down Wys Sauce.

Mr. Cynical
08-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Didn't you also say ... that Bledsoe was the worse thing to happen to the Bills since Rob Johnson?

I see no evidence to the contrary after 2 years. :idunno:

juice
08-18-2004, 02:34 PM
I see no evidence to the contrary after 2 years. :idunno:

DB set Franchise records 2 years ago and went to the Pro Bowl.. That is some evidence that he has some ability.. But this Line has the potential to end Bledsoe's carreer.

Mr. Cynical
08-18-2004, 02:48 PM
DB set Franchise records 2 years ago and went to the Pro Bowl.. That is some evidence that he has some ability.. But this Line has the potential to end Bledsoe's carreer.

The quote was "worse thing to happen to the Bills", not "does Drew have any ability".

IMO, all the money we've spent (and continue to spend) along with the decision making that has been effected by the continued delusional support of him has held the team back tremendously. Hence I still can see Tonk's point of him being the worse thing to happen to the Bills since RJ. Tons of wasted money, bad decisions and false hopes.

Edit: Agreed, this oline has the potential to end his career, and although I don't want him starting, I absolutely do no want him to get hurt either. Especially a good guy like him.

Throne Logic
08-18-2004, 02:57 PM
I bet there are Chicago fans sitting around discussing how great Pucillo must be because he's been a starter on Buffalo's O-Line for a year.

"Hey, Pucillo just got demoted! Maybe they'll cut him and we can pick him up! He couldn't make our line any worse than it is now."

juice
08-18-2004, 03:22 PM
The quote was "worse thing to happen to the Bills", not "does Drew have any ability".

IMO, all the money we've spent (and continue to spend) along with the decision making that has been effected by the continued delusional support of him has held the team back tremendously. Hence I still can see Tonk's point of him being the worse thing to happen to the Bills since RJ. Tons of wasted money, bad decisions and false hopes.

Edit: Agreed, this oline has the potential to end his career, and although I don't want him starting, I absolutely do no want him to get hurt either. Especially a good guy like him.

It wasn't a Quote, Its the Wysian school of thought and beliefs.

It wont take an injury to end his carreer just another year like last year behind a Line with Little Heart and failure by the staff to make adjustments in gameplanning.

justasportsfan
08-18-2004, 03:23 PM
It wasn't a Quote, Its the Wysian school of thought and beliefs.

It wont take an injury to end his carreer just another year like last year behind a Line with Little Heart and failure by the staff to make adjustments in gameplanning. NO!

finsrclowns
08-18-2004, 03:54 PM
Let's give the new guy Smith a chance. I have high hopes that he's not putrid.

And the fact that Ruben got booted and Puke is sitting shows the new coaches aren't going to pull a GW stick your head in the sand and call for better "execution."

If Smith works out I'll have the pom-poms out for Tucker to displace Teague next.

Tatonka
08-18-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
Or he could just stop posting all together. Maybe the Bears have a cool web site to post on. Or I found this site that you can try: www.iwanttolickrubensnutsack.com (http://)

that was hillarious... great post! :up:

Hows Coy Wire Looked thus far, Isn't he back at SS?

Do you still stand behind your statement that Coy will start over Reese.

Wow tonk your a great judge of talent, Didn't you also say that Willis would be a flop, and that Bledsoe was the worse thing to happen to the Bills since Rob Johnson?

You sound like some watered-down Wys Sauce.

i am a horrible judge of talent..

and your a horrible poster.. most hated on the board it would seem.. wys used to hold that position..

seems like you have more in common with wys that i do.. you both repeat yourselves to the point that people try to drive you away..

Shiny Chicken
08-18-2004, 04:11 PM
JUICE... RUBEN BROWN SUCKS!!!! He's no good anymore!!! He was never better than above average... and now he's not even that anymore!!! Would you give it a rest... we're all getting sick of hearing about your obsession with him. You're like a Flutie Flake but with even less to get excited over.

Mr. Cynical
08-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Juice's new cereal:

Booben Chocolate Salty Balls.

:D

Shiny Chicken
08-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Juice's new cereal:

Tatonka
08-18-2004, 05:55 PM
Juice's new cereal:

juice
08-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

seems like you have more in common with wys that i do.. you both repeat yourselves to the point that people try to drive you away..

I thought Wys was your hero.. And Broadcast Partener, Why'd you turn on your Teammate. You guys were a great Tandom. Like Willis and Travis, a great 1-2 punch.

I knew there would be a controversy, It's hard to keep Two ball-hogs happy in one backfield.

Tatonka
08-19-2004, 08:52 AM
I thought Wys was your hero.. And Broadcast Partener, Why'd you turn on your Teammate. You guys were a great Tandom. Like Willis and Travis, a great 1-2 punch.

I knew there would be a controversy, It's hard to keep Two ball-hogs happy in one backfield.

nope.. that was really only you that ever said that.. trying to be the obnoxious, annoying poster that you are.

i understand that you can only respond with more garbage.. considering everything you post gets shot down and laughed at by 99% of this board.. you literally are a joke here..

i am sure things arent much different in your real life.

i kind of feel sorry for you... but you probably have asked for most of the hardships in your life.

i predict one of two things will happen..

1. you are either the kind of sick personality that thrives on being ripped on and humiliated by all the poster on this board.. and you will stick around and keep making really obnoxious posts.. that just annoy the piss out of people.. because you really like when people laugh at you or get pissed at you.

2. you will get tired of no one even considering your points because they all see that Juice posted it and know immediately that it is crap.. and you will get tired of people laughing at you like your a bearded lady at a freak show... and you will leave the boards, like wys did.

i pick door number 1 for you. i think your just a loser who likes getting beat on and degraded.

:up:

juice
08-19-2004, 12:55 PM
Psycho-Anal-Lyst.. Your putting that Psycology PHD from VT to good use.. There might be a position on the staff for you, Instead of Tonk the Radio Personality you can be the Zone Psycologist.. You sure have me pegged.

Do you think you can help Coy Wire with his LB Mentallity, he seems to be having trouble letting go of the LB Position.. Somewhat of a mental block with distinguishing between WR's and RB's as well as Running and passing plays.

Instead of a Sports Talk show how about a call in show where you tell Posters what their problems are to hide the fact that you cant tell a Good college player from an NFL starter.. But please a little less talk this time.

Dont worry Tonk I will never give up on you and Coy.. He's got the chance to be one of the best ST players in Bills history, and you have the chance to be the best Anal-Lyst ever to never get paid' Just like the rest of us Keyboard Experts.

Psycologist note: Dont take your second job too seriously, you dont get paid enough to moonlight here at the Zone as the Board Psycho-Genius.

P.S. Ask Wys if I can have the next "Big Chance" since I'm so much like him.. I'll keep his ratings up and wont "TALK" the show off the air. :up:

McBFLO
08-19-2004, 01:20 PM

Let me guess Juice...if we had RB back, this line would be fantastic?

juice
08-19-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by pepperkorn
Let me guess Juice...if we had RB back, this line would be fantastic?

Maybe, and we wouldn't be playing "It's your job to loose" at LG and would have SOME depth without having to try and start Depth quality Players. Who's starting at LG today?

Novacane
08-19-2004, 01:27 PM
RUEBEN BROWN IS A WASHED UP PIECE OF ****

McBFLO
08-19-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
RUEBEN BROWN IS A WASHED UP PIECE OF ****

agreed!

McBFLO
08-19-2004, 01:30 PM
let it go juice, you're never going to win on here, with anyone!

helmetguy
08-19-2004, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't call a washed up, empty shirt of his former self player "quality depth," juice. Mad props to Reuben for a pretty decent Buffalo Bills career. And mad props for all his community involvement. Memories of past glory and drippy sentimentality, though, just aren't enough to hold back those 600 lb gorillas that feed on QBs. For God's sakes, man, let him go and enjoy the memories.

TedMock
08-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Ruben's probably better than whoever we have at left guard, but not enough to make any bit of difference. If we're 6-10 this year without Ruben, we'd be 6-10 with Ruben. He's just not a difference maker on the line anymore. It's been evident for the last few seasons, not just last year.

Tatonka
08-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Psycho-Anal-Lyst..

is that really the best you got? :snicker:

your pathetic.. as are your posts..

i am offically renaming you

"Juice - The Village Jackass!"

The Spaz
08-19-2004, 02:13 PM
:calm: PM eacother for personal attacks please. Thank you.:up:

Novacane
08-19-2004, 02:14 PM
If it's the truth it's not an attack :D

Tatonka
08-19-2004, 02:34 PM

exactly!

:up:

The Spaz
08-19-2004, 02:34 PM

I'll see if we can add that in the TOS.:snicker:

Tatonka
08-19-2004, 08:51 PM
I'll see if we can add that in the TOS.:snicker:

Goobylal
08-19-2004, 08:56 PM
I have a feeling Lawrence Smith will make us forget Ruben and right quick. As for Ruben now starting for the Bears after injury, so freakin' what? They have an even worse line than the Bills do.

juice
08-19-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal
I have a feeling Lawrence Smith will make us forget Ruben and right quick. As for Ruben now starting for the Bears after injury, so freakin' what? They have an even worse line than the Bills do.

What makes you think Smith can be a starter for the Bills when he was only on the Practice squad for the Ravens..

The Spaz
08-19-2004, 09:11 PM
What makes you think Smith can be a starter for the Bills when he was only on the Practice squad for the Ravens..

Maybe because he is practicing with the 1st unit.:idunno:

juice
08-19-2004, 09:13 PM
Did he practice today.. It may be someone elses "Position to loose" tomorrow.

The Spaz
08-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Did he practice today.. It may be someone elses "Position to loose" tomorrow.

It's lose and he didn't practice because of dehydration.

juice
08-19-2004, 09:24 PM
It's lose and he didn't practice because of dehydration.

And thats the viable option for LG.. Pussillo and Tucker also practiced with the first unit and they proved themselves to be no better than line depth, Smith was 3rd on the depth chart behind those scrubs.. You have more faith in McNally than I have.

No starting experience in the NFL and he's going to protect Bledsoe's blind side.. We will see if he isn't still dehydrated Sat., But dont be surprised to see Sullivan in next weeks rotation.

The Spaz
08-19-2004, 09:29 PM
And thats the viable option for LG.. Pussillo and Tucker also practiced with the first unit and they proved themselves to be no better than line depth, Smith was 3rd on the depth chart behind those scrubs.. You have more faith in McNally than I have.

No starting experience in the NFL and he's going to protect Bledsoe's blind side.. We will see if he isn't still dehydrated Sat., But dont be surprised to see Sullivan in next weeks rotation.

As the last resort yeah Sullivan would come in but he is seeing exclusive baskup LT duty.

Mr. Cynical
08-19-2004, 09:33 PM
I say the last resort should be to give Drew a Glock 9mm. I bet he won't get sacked too much after that. :snicker:

juice
08-19-2004, 09:35 PM
As the last resort yeah Sullivan would come in but he is seeing exclusive baskup LT duty.

The line needs time to jell, we will be going into week 3 of the preseason with more questions on the O-Line than we had at the beginning of OTA's.

I just hope people aren't getting too excited over this quick fix.. The staff has said this is just another guy getting a shot at starting.

I really dont think he exactly played his way into the starting lineup.