• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • finsrclowns
    • Apr 2004

Do I need to get a life?

I wake up and think "WTF is Puccillo the starter?"

Then today I hear he isn't and wonder "can McNally turn Lawrence Smith into a competant NFL guard?"

I fret about Teague getting pushed backwards all day and his ground ball shot gun snaps.

I wonder what Mike Williams had for lunch.

I'm officially a Bills OL obsessive worrier. I'll be busy at work and realize I'm daydreaming about the Bills not having a laughingstock OL.

I think things like this day after day and KNOW my wife would never ever understand. Neither I'll bet would most shrinks.

So what's YOUR verdict? Have I lost my marbles? Do I need to take up yoga?

PS- direct TV gets installed Thursday!
    finsrclowns
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

You sound like a normal Bills fan to me!

Of course, when using the term normal with Bills fan is like saying the Mohave desert in July is tepid.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i do the same thing.. about the whole team.. all the time..

i think about the bills pretty constantly... the offseason is torturous..

i was really disappointed because i was going to head to buffalo this year, for my first trip, to see training camp.. but the plans fell through because we sold our house and are building another..

hopefully i will get up there in the next year or so.. we are looking at buying an RV after we pay off my wifes blazer. i will become a camp regular after that!

to sum it up.. no your not crazy.. you just care a lot.. about a silly game, as my wife would say.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

diagnosis = normal.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• helmetguy
          Touch the helmet for luck
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by finsrclowns

I think things like this day after day and KNOW my wife would never ever understand. Neither I'll bet would most shrinks.

So what's YOUR verdict?
          Here's my clinical assessment:

Sounds like OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) to me. CHOOSING to obsess is not disabling, in and of itself. However, if you manage to get fired over it, you might have a good case for collecting SSI.
          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• ScottLawrence
            • Jan 2004

I have a pretty solid life.:)

I do stuff with my friends all the time but, like you I think about the Bills a lot to.

Don't worry, its normal for a die hard fan.
            You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Bled2Hen
              • Mar 2004

yes
              D-Bled hands off to T-Hen Touchdown! Buffalo. They win again!!!

Comment

• Hermanator21
                Bleed Red, White, and Blue
                • Mar 2004

I'm glad I'm not the only lunatic on this earth....my girlfriend of two and a half years just dumped me because she can't take another season of football.........ohwell, her lost not mine!!!!(and yes, it does feel good to be single)

Comment

• Marvelous
                  • Feb 2004

Sounds normal to me I too sit there and wonder what ifs all the time. If we don't get a ring in the next 10 years i'm storming the gates!

Is this year the 10 year anniversary of the last time we won the east???wtf
                  GO BILLS!!! NE
                  Magical Trevor

Comment

• Marvelous
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Hermanator21
                    I'm glad I'm not the only lunatic on this earth....my girlfriend of two and a half years just dumped me because she can't take another season of football.........ohwell, her lost not mine!!!!(and yes, it does feel good to be single)
                    My fiance is notorious for saying crap like " here we go" after a Drew sack or a false start etc. it drives me nuts to get stressed so early in the game.
                    GO BILLS!!! NE
                    Magical Trevor

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Re: Do I need to get a life?

Originally posted by finsrclowns
                      I wake up and think "WTF is Puccillo the starter?"

Then today I hear he isn't and wonder "can McNally turn Lawrence Smith into a competant NFL guard?"

I fret about Teague getting pushed backwards all day and his ground ball shot gun snaps.

I wonder what Mike Williams had for lunch.

I'm officially a Bills OL obsessive worrier. I'll be busy at work and realize I'm daydreaming about the Bills not having a laughingstock OL.

So what's YOUR verdict? Have I lost my marbles? Do I need to take up yoga?

PS- direct TV gets installed Thursday!
                      i've been pi$$ing and moaning about the OL for as long as i can remember.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                        • Apr 2004

Well, I can't say whether I'm really looney tunes or not, but it's nice to know if I am you guys are too!
                        finsrclowns

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

You're a Bills fan. That IS your life.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

good summary JR.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• I'M A BELIEVER
                              • Jun 2004

As a psychologist, I can tell you that you have a bit of a problem in that you are seeking to gain control over a situation that you will never be able to control. Continued obsession could lead to an aggravation of your acute neurosis and from there you could begin to have more elaborate halucinations and mood swings related to those halucinations.
                              This would most likely be followed by violent outburts due to your inability to satiate your need for control.

The simple solution would be a a prescription for Zanex or Prozac...at least during the offseason.

You should also probably stay off these boards and away from any other form of media that does not give a rosey picture of the Bills.

Sports is a generally healthy interest, as long as it does interfere with your normal daily activity.

That being said......I am just as neurotic as you are but I have resigned myself to the fact that the Bills are not going to be spectacular this year, but neither are any of the other teams in the NFL, so at least we have a chance.....we have to be close to as good as any other team....so it all comes down to luck....which is another thing we cannot control.
                              Men are clinging to football on a level we aren't even aware of. For centuries, we ruled everything, and now, in the last ten minutes, there are all these incursions by women. It's our Alamo. ~Tony Kornheiser
                              =========================
                              I have seen women walk right past a TV set with a football game on and - this always amazes me - not stop to watch, even if the TV is showing replays of what we call a "good hit," which is a tackle that causes at least one major internal organ to actually fly out of a player's body. ~Dave Barry

Comment

Working...
                              X