PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to get a life?

finsrclowns
08-17-2004, 09:19 PM
I wake up and think "WTF is Puccillo the starter?"

Then today I hear he isn't and wonder "can McNally turn Lawrence Smith into a competant NFL guard?"

I fret about Teague getting pushed backwards all day and his ground ball shot gun snaps.

I wonder what Mike Williams had for lunch.

I'm officially a Bills OL obsessive worrier. I'll be busy at work and realize I'm daydreaming about the Bills not having a laughingstock OL.

I think things like this day after day and KNOW my wife would never ever understand. Neither I'll bet would most shrinks.

So what's YOUR verdict? Have I lost my marbles? Do I need to take up yoga? :(

PS- direct TV gets installed Thursday!:curtsey:

Mr. Cynical
08-17-2004, 09:31 PM
You sound like a normal Bills fan to me! :up:

Of course, when using the term normal with Bills fan is like saying the Mohave desert in July is tepid. :snicker:

Tatonka
08-17-2004, 10:56 PM
i do the same thing.. about the whole team.. all the time..

i think about the bills pretty constantly... the offseason is torturous..

i was really disappointed because i was going to head to buffalo this year, for my first trip, to see training camp.. but the plans fell through because we sold our house and are building another..

hopefully i will get up there in the next year or so.. we are looking at buying an RV after we pay off my wifes blazer. i will become a camp regular after that!

:D

to sum it up.. no your not crazy.. you just care a lot.. about a silly game, as my wife would say. :snicker:

Ebenezer
08-17-2004, 11:00 PM
diagnosis = normal.

helmetguy
08-17-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by finsrclowns

I think things like this day after day and KNOW my wife would never ever understand. Neither I'll bet would most shrinks.

So what's YOUR verdict?

Here's my clinical assessment:

Sounds like OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) to me. CHOOSING to obsess is not disabling, in and of itself. However, if you manage to get fired over it, you might have a good case for collecting SSI.

ScottLawrence
08-17-2004, 11:14 PM
I have a pretty solid life.:)

I do stuff with my friends all the time but, like you I think about the Bills a lot to.

Don't worry, its normal for a die hard fan.

Bled2Hen
08-18-2004, 12:18 AM
yes

Hermanator21
08-18-2004, 01:35 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only lunatic on this earth....my girlfriend of two and a half years just dumped me because she can't take another season of football.........ohwell, her lost not mine!!!!(and yes, it does feel good to be single)

Marvelous
08-18-2004, 02:51 AM
Sounds normal to me :D I too sit there and wonder what ifs all the time. If we don't get a ring in the next 10 years i'm storming the gates!

Is this year the 10 year anniversary of the last time we won the east???wtf

Marvelous
08-18-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Hermanator21
I'm glad I'm not the only lunatic on this earth....my girlfriend of two and a half years just dumped me because she can't take another season of football.........ohwell, her lost not mine!!!!(and yes, it does feel good to be single)
My fiance is notorious for saying crap like " here we go" after a Drew sack or a false start etc. it drives me nuts to get stressed so early in the game.

SABURZFAN
08-18-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by finsrclowns
I wake up and think "WTF is Puccillo the starter?"

Then today I hear he isn't and wonder "can McNally turn Lawrence Smith into a competant NFL guard?"

I fret about Teague getting pushed backwards all day and his ground ball shot gun snaps.

I wonder what Mike Williams had for lunch.

I'm officially a Bills OL obsessive worrier. I'll be busy at work and realize I'm daydreaming about the Bills not having a laughingstock OL.

So what's YOUR verdict? Have I lost my marbles? Do I need to take up yoga? :(

PS- direct TV gets installed Thursday!:curtsey:

i've been pi$$ing and moaning about the OL for as long as i can remember.

finsrclowns
08-18-2004, 07:05 AM
Well, I can't say whether I'm really looney tunes or not, but it's nice to know if I am you guys are too!

Jan Reimers
08-18-2004, 07:15 AM
You're a Bills fan. That IS your life.

Tatonka
08-18-2004, 07:20 AM
good summary JR.

I'M A BELIEVER
08-18-2004, 07:41 AM
As a psychologist, I can tell you that you have a bit of a problem in that you are seeking to gain control over a situation that you will never be able to control. Continued obsession could lead to an aggravation of your acute neurosis and from there you could begin to have more elaborate halucinations and mood swings related to those halucinations.
This would most likely be followed by violent outburts due to your inability to satiate your need for control.

The simple solution would be a a prescription for Zanex or Prozac...at least during the offseason.

You should also probably stay off these boards and away from any other form of media that does not give a rosey picture of the Bills.

Sports is a generally healthy interest, as long as it does interfere with your normal daily activity.

That being said......I am just as neurotic as you are but I have resigned myself to the fact that the Bills are not going to be spectacular this year, but neither are any of the other teams in the NFL, so at least we have a chance.....we have to be close to as good as any other team....so it all comes down to luck....which is another thing we cannot control.

Earthquake Enyart
08-18-2004, 07:41 AM
I'm still pissed off that Norwood missed that field goal.

But anger management training is starting to help.

finsrclowns
08-18-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by I'M A BELIEVER
As a psychologist, I can tell you that you have a bit of a problem in that you are seeking to gain control over a situation that you will never be able to control.

I was wondering why screaming at the ***** TV never seems to work.

Continued obsession could lead to an aggravation of your acute neurosis and from there you could begin to have more elaborate halucinations and mood swings related to those halucinations.
This would most likely be followed by violent outburts due to your inability to satiate your need for control.

Hmm....so when the Bills lose and every other word rhymes with truck and my wife leaves the house screaming and the dog hides under the bed...is that what you're talking about?

The simple solution would be a a prescription for Zanex or Prozac...at least during the offseason.

My prescription comes in 12 oz cans, offseason and in season. Dosages vary depending on results, but not by much.

You should also probably stay off these boards and away from any other form of media that does not give a rosey picture of the Bills.

Then I'd REALLY go nuts.

Sports is a generally healthy interest, as long as it does interfere with your normal daily activity.

And if it does?;)

That being said......I am just as neurotic as you are but I have resigned myself to the fact that the Bills are not going to be spectacular this year, but neither are any of the other teams in the NFL, so at least we have a chance.....we have to be close to as good as any other team....so it all comes down to luck....which is another thing we cannot control.

You make your own luck. IMO the Bills will go as far as the OL takes them. It's the achilles heel of the team right now, but IF it can be "fixed" there's no reason the Bills can't win it all. I concede nothing.

Now doc, about my pathological hatred of the fins...:anvil:

The_Philster
08-18-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
You're a Bills fan. That IS your life.

Nicely put.

There'd be something wrong with you if you don't think about the Bills almost constantly if you're a Bills fan

I'M A BELIEVER
08-18-2004, 03:38 PM
By the way I obsess about the Bills too....I think it is pretty normal at this time of year....and at almost the same level in the offseason...

Tatonka
08-18-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by I'M A BELIEVER
As a psychologist

just wondering what kind of education you have and what kind of psychology you practice?