• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

How's Losman look?

Coming from a Northern Canadian Bills fan, I'd like to know what you think of Losman, what I have seen, and it hasn't been too much, impressed. Please base your reply on what you've seen so far this season, in person, on TV or at Camp.

I'd like to think he's the post Bledsoe answer for our future.

From what I've seen, that kid might be a poor man's Eli.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

he's got far better arm strength than Eli... He’s got a gun more like Brett Favre (if you want an idea of how strong the arm is)

I saw what i thought I’d see. A cannon for an arm, horrible technique, and locks onto his receivers. He's a rookie and not even close to ready to play.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jul 2003

This kid is going to be awesome. The only thing i need him to prove is his toughness. I want a QB as tough as Kelly and Drew....not a Rob Johnson. So thats my only question about him yet.

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

I am so glad to see how accurate he is when on the move. He was rolling out to either side and putting the ball on a line and on the numbers. That is refreshing to see.

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
          he's got far better arm strength than Eli... He’s got a gun more like Brett Favre (if you want an idea of how strong the arm is)

I saw what i thought I’d see. A cannon for an arm, horrible technique, and locks onto his receivers. He's a rookie and not even close to ready to play.
          how the heck can his technique be so horrible if he is hitting the receivers dead in the numbers on a 25 yard out while on the run?
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Compared to the other 2 (bc Rivers still isnt in camp) who looked best in their preseason opener?
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
              how the heck can his technique be so horrible if he is hitting the receivers dead in the numbers on a 25 yard out while on the run?
              Instead of setting up in the pocket half the time, he's got happy feet. When he does take his time, he will drill them in the numbers. But on my recent trip to the camp, he will roll out or scramble for open space if the pressur eis on and heave a bomb down field. Those have enough hang time for a receiver to run under, but in real action a bunch of those would be pics.

He's going to be awesome in a year or two....but he needs seasoning.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
                This kid is going to be awesome. The only thing i need him to prove is his toughness. I want a QB as tough as Kelly and Drew....not a Rob Johnson. So thats my only question about him yet.
                Losman is plenty tough alright. He played behind a crap O-line in college and got hammered quite a few times, but it never fazed him.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                  • Jul 2002

All I've seen of him was his performance in the first preseason game, but it was enough to place me firmly on the Losman bandwagon. I do agree that he's nowhere near ready to start though. Let Drew tutor him for a season or two and I think he'll be exactly what we're looking for.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sabre Ally
                    Let Drew tutor him

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

locks onto his receivers.
                      that was evident on the first pass to J. Smith...he was looking at him out of the huddled, barely looked away at the line and locked on again as soon as the snap..

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

He is almost as fast as Michael Vick. He ran a naked bootleg for over 20 yards before Denver knew what hit them.

He also threw a 20 yard "out" on a frozen rope.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

i only saw parts of Manning, he looked "good", he's got a wet noodle arm like his brother Payton, he's got a lot more bad habits than Payton did coming out of college.

That said, he did a lot of the little things right. He did a good job not locking too much to his WR.

If he plays the whole year though, the Giants will go 5-11, and he'll throw 20 some odd picks. He's no where near as ready as Payton was coming out of college.

I haven't seen Big Ben yet.

Tip: Don't look at the stat sheet for the Preseason. It will lie to you. A better thing to watch for is how the player plays in a game like situation.

For example, Loseman telegraphed and locked onto the WRs he threw to. Against 2nd or 1st Teamers he'd be in deep crap doing what he was doing. Even when he scrambled there was no doubt in my mind where he was throwing the ball. His technique has always been horrible, though i can tell Sam Weish has been working with him. His head is always up now (something he wouldn't do in college) when he scrambles, and he doesn't look half as out of control as he did at Tulane.

Give him a year on the bench... for Loseman, next year will be the year he challenges for the backup spot. Weish has a lot of bad habits left to slay before he's NFL ready.

Travis Brown on the other hand looked yards better than he's ever looked. he's still got a terrible arm, but you can see a lot of little improvements to his game. For example, he no-longer zeros in on his WR, he moves better in the pocket, and his throwing motion is shorter and more controlled... basically, letting him get the ball off faster.
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

i only saw parts of Manning, he looked "good", he's got a wet noodle arm like his brother Payton, he's got a lot more bad habits than Payton did coming out of college.

That said, he did a lot of the little things right. He did a good job not locking too much to his WR.

If he plays the whole year though, the Giants will go 5-11, and he'll throw 20 some odd picks. He's no where near as ready as Payton was coming out of college.

I haven't seen Big Ben yet.

Tip: Don't look at the stat sheet for the Preseason. It will lie to you. A better thing to watch for is how the player plays in a game like situation.

For example, Loseman telegraphed and locked onto the WRs he threw to. Against 2nd or 1st Teamers he'd be in deep crap doing what he was doing. Even when he scrambled there was no doubt in my mind where he was throwing the ball. His technique has always been horrible, though i can tell Sam Weish has been working with him. His head is always up now (something he wouldn't do in college) when he scrambles, and he doesn't look half as out of control as he did at Tulane.

Give him a year on the bench... for Loseman, next year will be the year he challenges for the backup spot. Weish has a lot of bad habits left to slay before he's NFL ready.

Travis Brown on the other hand looked yards better than he's ever looked. he's still got a terrible arm, but you can see a lot of little improvements to his game. For example, he no-longer zeros in on his WR, he moves better in the pocket, and his throwing motion is shorter and more controlled... basically, letting him get the ball off faster.
                            Very good analysis. What about Drew? Do you see any changes in his play and what do you like or don't like about him now?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                              He is almost as fast as Michael Vick. He ran a naked bootleg for over 20 yards before Denver knew what hit them.
                              And that was on the one play were the Denver DE actually tried containment...there were other plays were he scampered around the end after handing off and there was nobody out there.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X