PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER OL post .....

casdhf
08-18-2004, 12:40 PM
I know its still early, but looking around it seems to be this is what we will have to work with:

Jennings - Smith - Teague - Villerial - Williams

Backups:

OT: Price, Sullivan, McFarland
OG: Pucillio, Sobinski
C: Tucker, Coons

I'm not sure if I'm forgetting anyone, but it seems to be this line should be descent, especially on the right side.

My money is on Tucker by midseason to take over for teague, and maybe Teague seeing some time at OT again? I dunno anything about Coons, McFarland or Sobinski .... Do any of these guys have anything worth looking into?

juice
08-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
.... Do any of these guys have anything worth looking into?

Yeah, you can look into Jennings future and see him in Atlanta

Michael82
08-18-2004, 12:45 PM
I would NOT be surprised if I see Teague get pushed out of the starting spot by Ross Tucker.

Earthquake Enyart
08-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Wasn't Tucker playing G?

Wasn't Sobieski at C?

Sullivan is roadkill.

The Spaz
08-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Wasn't Tucker playing G?

Wasn't Sobieski at C?

Sullivan is roadkill.

Sobieski and Tucker are taking snaps at center but Tucker may get the edge based on game experience.

DraftBoy
08-18-2004, 01:40 PM
I heard Sobeiski was having a good camp, what do you think Mikey?

SABURZFAN
08-18-2004, 01:52 PM
I know its still early, but looking around it seems to be this is what we will have to work with:

Jennings - Smith - Teague - Villerial - Williams

that's 2 guys under 300 lbs.throw a 340 lb DT in that C-LG gap and you won't be running there.

Earthquake Enyart
08-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Sobieski looks huge.

And there was none of that up the middle sacking going on when he was in there.

Bulldog
08-18-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
that's 2 guys under 300 lbs.throw a 340 lb DT in that C-LG gap and you won't be running there.

No way Smith weighs what he is listed at. From the looks of him, I would say he is closer to 320.

The Spaz
08-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
No way Smith weighs what he is listed at. From the looks of him, I would say he is closer to 320.

No question Smith is more than 300 Lbs.

BAM
08-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Donahoe just said on Empire that the Bills have never had this much depth and talent on the O-Line :dizzy:

(in his era anyways)

The Spaz
08-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by BAM
Donahoe just said on Empire that the Bills have never had this much depth and talent on the O-Line :dizzy:

(in his era anyways)

Well duh he has brang in all the players we have.

The Spaz
08-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Lawrence Smith was just asked his weight and when they said what are you 295 he started busting out laughing he said "let me just say it's more than that and on the exact weight we'll just keep that on the DL". He sounds like a good guy.:rofl::lol:

Throne Logic
08-18-2004, 02:29 PM
I've now rewatched the Broncos / Bills game a couple times on tape.

The more I watch, the more concerned I am with the O-Line. Yes, Pucillo was horrible. But Villerial was nearly as bad with Marcus Price not trailing too far behind in the badness category.

Now Price might have been injured, but Villerial was not. These two were beat almost as many times as Pucillo in the course of the first quarter.

Good Luck Mouse. We're all counting on your ability to make something out of a bunch of crap.

The Spaz
08-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
I've now rewatched the Broncos / Bills game a couple times on tape.

The more I watch, the more concerned I am with the O-Line. Yes, Pucillo was horrible. But Villerial was nearly as bad with Marcus Price not trailing too far behind in the badness category.

Now Price might have been injured, but Villerial was not. These two were beat almost as many times as Pucillo in the course of the first quarter.

Good Luck Mouse. We're all counting on your ability to make something out of a bunch of crap.

I'm willing to say that Villarial is still being plagued by his elbow injury he probably was pushing through like he always did in Chicago.

Earthquake Enyart
08-18-2004, 02:37 PM
Well, when you have Teague on one side and Price on the other, it's gonna be hard to look good.

I'M A BELIEVER
08-18-2004, 02:39 PM
As far as the oline goes....I would bet two things...

1) The oline will improve tremendously before the 3rd week is over. No matter WHO is lining up. Its got a lot to do with chemistry and everybody being familiar with one another.

2) The Bills will be watching the waiver wire pretty intently for some viable help; and they might even make a guard change late in the preseason.

casdhf
08-18-2004, 04:10 PM
Today's lineup:

Jennings, Tucker, Teague, Smith, Williams

The Spaz
08-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Today's lineup:

Jennings, Tucker, Teague, Smith, Williams

It was Jennings, Smith, Teague, Tucker, Williams

Mr. Cynical
08-18-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by BAM

(in his era anyways)

Originally posted by The Spaz
Well duh he has brang in all the players we have.

OMFG. I'm now more convinced than EVER that he is an egotisical nightmare. :xplode:

I mean do you need any more evidence? Never even HINTS at the fact he made mistakes. :grind:

Mr. Cynical
08-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by I'M A BELIEVER
As far as the oline goes....I would bet two things...

1) The oline will improve tremendously before the 3rd week is over. No matter WHO is lining up. Its got a lot to do with chemistry and everybody being familiar with one another.

They have been together for at least 2 years (up to this point) except for Villiarial. How much time do you need to get familiar with one another? :idunno:

casdhf
08-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Spaz, Morrison said Smith was at RG?

The Spaz
08-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
They have been together for at least 2 years (up to this point) except for Villiarial. How much time do you need to get familiar with one another? :idunno:

There are 2 new starters this year Smith and Villarial.

The Spaz
08-18-2004, 04:35 PM

That's not what I heard Villarial was hurt and Tucker took his spot.

The Spaz
08-18-2004, 04:38 PM

Jennings is LOT, Smith is LOG, Teague C, Tucker ORG, Williams ORT.

Mr. Cynical
08-18-2004, 05:08 PM
There are 2 new starters this year Smith and Villarial.

Smith just moved up, so the poor line we have seen up to yesterday has been together for at least 2 years (except V).

CAbills
08-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Villarial isnt hurt he had personal/family issues. Before we say Smith is the starter lets give him more then a day and a 1/2...

Patti120
08-18-2004, 10:07 PM
I hope TD knows something that we don't and that he's just trying to be positive.
From what I've seen though, I'm worried.

The Spaz
08-18-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
Smith just moved up, so the poor line we have seen up to yesterday has been together for at least 2 years (except V).

Did Pucillo start last year or did I miss something?

Mr. Cynical
08-19-2004, 12:59 AM
Did Pucillo start last year or did I miss something?

He has been on the roster since the '02 mini camp after the draft. That's 3 mini camps, 3 training camps, 2.2 preseasons and 2 regular seasons up to today.

He played in 12 games last year.

You honestly believe that he hasn't had the time to get to know the other guys on the line?