PDA

View Full Version : Bills strike new deal for ice cream??

Ebenezer
08-18-2004, 12:50 PM
What marketing genius thought of this...copy a flavor from a local producer, sell the idea to somebody who is not local and then pimp it???

From Buffalo Business First:

Bills in marketing deals for ice cream, snow plows

The Buffalo Bills will be featured as part of a new ice cream flavor, one of two new marketing deals the football franchise has entered into. "Bills Stampede Sundae" is the creation of Turkey Hill Dairy, based out of Pennsylvania. The ice cream flavor is vanilla with chocolate peanut butter football and fudge swirls.

Perry's Ice Cream (located in Akron, NY) has had the same thing for a couple of years...they call it Panda Paws...the only difference is that Perry's uses chocolate peanut butter cups instead of footballs.

saviorbledsoe
08-18-2004, 12:54 PM
It sounds just like Andy Reids Ice Cream from Turkey Hill here in Central PA.

Ebenezer
08-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
It sounds just like Andy Reids Ice Cream from Turkey Hill here in Central PA.

yes, Turkey Hill is making the new Bills flavor...what burns me is that Perry's is better ice cream (more creamy) and it is a local product.

The Spaz
08-18-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
yes, Turkey Hill is making the new Bills flavor...what burns me is that Perry's is better ice cream (more creamy) and it is a local product.

It's all about.:100::bling:

Michael82
08-18-2004, 01:01 PM

EXACTLY. Perry's sells a Buffalo Bisons ice cream for the baseball team. WTF didn't the Bills come up with a ice cream deal with Perry's? :shakeno:

DraftBoy
08-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Maybe Perry's wasnt offering a sweet enough deal? Id rather the team make money and stay in Buffalo then make a local deal and lose money.

lordofgun
08-18-2004, 01:46 PM
Eb, you are :coocoo: today.

Earthquake Enyart
08-18-2004, 01:52 PM

:mad:

The least they could do would be to go with Charlaps. :mad:

SABURZFAN
08-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

i would have settled for Sealtest.

what the hell is Turkey Hill?it sounds like an off brand Maddog 2020 or something.:mad:

saviorbledsoe
08-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
i would have settled for Sealtest.

what the hell is Turkey Hill?it sounds like an off brand Maddog 2020 or something.:mad:

They are everywhere in PA. Like Wawas are in other states. They are a major chain of Corner store / gas stations and their specialty is their ice cream. They have been promoting "Eagles Touchdown Sundae" for over a year now and its the exact flavor and everything.

Ebenezer
08-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

There was a big upheavel at Charlaps...one of the kids sold the brand name to (I think) Bryers...then he saw how they butchered the product and he sued/is suing to get the name back. He opened as Nicky C's. Don't know how/if it was ever resolved.

BAM
08-18-2004, 02:21 PM
I dunno Eb, Turkey Hill is damn good stuff! :up:

I've never tried Perry's though.

The_Philster
08-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by BAM

I've never tried Perry's though.
Never had the ice cream but I used to get the Iced Tea everytime I made a trip to Lancaster. :hungry:

Jeff1220
08-18-2004, 03:54 PM
Turkey Hill is pretty good, but I wish they'd come up with something original. It seems like every NFL team has that ice cream flavor w/ the football shaped peanut butter cups.
Wawa rules! Cheap gas, great sandwiches!

The Spaz
08-18-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Jeff1220
Turkey Hill is pretty good, but I wish they'd come up with something original. It seems like every NFL team has that ice cream flavor w/ the football shaped peanut butter cups.
Wawa rules! Cheap gas, great sandwiches!

I agree there Subs are awesome.:hungry::up::beers:

Jan Reimers
08-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by BAM

Turkey Hill's Tin Roof Sundae is the best thing going. If the new Bills Stampede stuff is half as good, I may start making it into LaBatt floats at the Ralph.

saviorbledsoe
08-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Turkey Hill's Tin Roof Sundae is the best thing going. If the new Bills Stampede stuff is half as good, I may start making it into LaBatt floats at the Ralph.

you would seriously mix ice cream and beer? is that something that is done? sounds kinda gross

Jan Reimers
08-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
you would seriously mix ice cream and beer? is that something that is done? sounds kinda gross

I invented the Guinness Float: A couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream floating in a pint of Guinness Stout. I think the chocolate in the Bills Stampede will go well with LaBatt Blue, which is a lager.

Besides, Snickers bars and beer are one of my favorite combinations.

Al Harris
08-20-2004, 04:46 AM
sounds real gud