PDA

View Full Version : Trade possibility??

Hermanator21
08-18-2004, 04:13 PM
This thought just came to me and just wanted to see what you guys thought....First off, I want to state that I am NOT in favor of trading Travis but if we do, how about trading him to Atlanta for Duckett(and a draft pick, maybe a third).....This way we would still have thunder and lightning and Travis would become a star and recieve the recognition he deserves plus he is out of our confrence..

THATHURMANATOR
08-18-2004, 04:26 PM
why bother?

Hermanator21
08-18-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
why bother?

True, It just poped in my head..and wanted to see what you guys thought...I mean, i'm trying to think of ways that would make me happy if we trade Henry...I don't want to recieve a draft pick or two because we could really get burned

RedEyE
08-18-2004, 04:37 PM
I'm not a fan of Duckett. Like the rest of Atlanta, he has yet to show me something.

Jan Reimers
08-18-2004, 04:54 PM
Then we would have two unproven RBs and a third rounder who just might turn out to be Coy Wire or Tim Anderson.

Bottom Line: Why would we trade Travis for a lesser back and an unknown draft pick?

Bottom Bottom Line: Why would we trade Travis at all at this point in time?

Hermanator21
08-18-2004, 05:01 PM
Bottom Bottom Line: Why would we trade Travis at all at this point in time? [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not saying now, I mean after the season...and like i said earlier I am NOT in favor of trading Travis...if it was up to me I would trade McGAYee, but going off the media it will probabaly be Travis and i want good value for the trade..I don't think we should expect equal or better value when and if the trade ever happens. What we should accept would be something that would help us out(Maybe an O-linemen and a draft pick)

BAM
08-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Nope. Horrible trade, keep him. :up:

Hermanator21
08-18-2004, 05:09 PM
if it is either trade or keep I say keep

Novacane
08-18-2004, 05:11 PM
that trade is horrible

Mr. Cynical
08-18-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Reason #1: To avoid RB controversy that could damage the team. Henry has made it clear that he is not happy already.
Reason #2: If we can get a 1st rounder and a proven player at a needed position, e.g., Ogunleye, that's better for the team overall.

Hermanator21
08-18-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
Reason #1: To avoid RB controversy that could damage the team. Henry has made it clear that he is not happy already.
Reason #2: If we can get a 1st rounder and a proven player at a needed position, e.g., Ogunleye, that's better for the team overall.

that is my point, but we can't give travis to the gayphins nomatter what. we all know what kind of runner travis turns into when motivated and we would face him twice a year...It might not hurt us for the first year or so but it would bite us in our ass...I'm just trying to figure out what or who we could trade for...I don't like the draft possibilities cause you never know(Flowers, A.Smith ect..)we would need another RB W/o conseversy and I thought Duckett would be a good fit, but I guess I am wrong:rolleyes:

Jan Reimers
08-18-2004, 06:54 PM

1.) There is no RB controversy, except for the one created by the media.

2.) You cannot trade a durable, proven warrior who has gained 1300+ yards per season over the last 2 years in favor of a guy who is coming off a horrendous knee injury, has carried the ball exactly 13 times in 1 preseason game, and - because of the injury - is a complete question mark.

3.) There is no sense in solving the Fins biggest problem by providing them our only proven running back, while we hope and pray that Willis stays healthy and returns to somewhere near his college form.

4.) Do you think that TD is certifiably insane?

helmetguy
08-18-2004, 09:11 PM

2.) You cannot trade a durable, proven warrior who has gained 1300+ yards per season over the last 2 years in favor of a guy who is coming off a horrendous knee injury, has carried the ball exactly 13 times in 1 preseason game, and - because of the injury - is a complete question mark.

3.) There is no sense in solving the Fins biggest problem by providing them our only proven running back, while we hope and pray that Willis stays healthy and returns to somewhere near his college form.

5.) If Miami can't sign O-gun, what makes anyone think we can? At what price? And, at the expense of what other identified needs?

Mr. Cynical
08-18-2004, 09:24 PM

1. Have you read TH's comments? These are not media generated. He has made more than one reference to the fact that you need to have a primary ball carrier and splitting carries does not work. Hence he does not believe in it, hence he is rebelling against it, hence there is a controversy.

2. You can trade an RB whose time is running out (do you really believe he will be here next year?) if you are presented with a trade that is too good to pass up. I don't care what team it is, all I know is that if we can get our 1st round pick back in addtion to a proven starter at a need position like DE or C, we should do it. And since the Fins are in such dire trouble I have no problem taking advantage of it and sticking it to them for a boatload of stuff.

3. See #2.

4. Insane, no. Insanely egotistical yes. However he is not stupid. He won't trade TH unless he is presented with "an offer he can't refuse". NO player is untradeable. If you get lulled into that kind of thinking you are not trying to improve the team IMO.

Marvelous
08-19-2004, 03:06 AM
Then we would have two unproven RBs and a third rounder who just might turn out to be Coy Wire or Tim Anderson.

Bottom Line: Why would we trade Travis for a lesser back and an unknown draft pick?

I agree 100%. It's amazing how much you can learn about a fan by there rediculous Henry trade ideas.
No pun Hermanator but Dumping Henry is the worst thing we could do since drew is as questionable as they come.

Sippio
Grateful for the only sign off life on our offense last year, even with a broken leg and cracked ribs...

Jan Reimers
08-19-2004, 05:22 AM
1. Have you read TH's comments? These are not media generated. He has made more than one reference to the fact that you need to have a primary ball carrier and splitting carries does not work. Hence he does not believe in it, hence he is rebelling against it, hence there is a controversy.

You're not Mr. Cynical, you're Mr. Gullible.

Henry has simply made the point that if he is not the feature back, he wants out - a perfectly natural response from a guy who has been number one here, and wants to remain so.

The rest is the continual innuendo, twisting of the truth, abuse of context, repetition, and reporting of just those parts of story that further their agenda, that you always get from the media.

The media has created a controversy, and you have bought it hook, line and sinker.

The REAL controversy would be trading your only proven feature back in the hope that a completely untested player might perform as well.

Jan Reimers
08-19-2004, 05:39 AM
. . . Oh, and most of Henry' s comments were probably in response to the usual inane and sophmoric media questions.

That's a favorite trick of theirs. Ask a question, or series of questions, designed to elicit a controversial response. Then trumpet that response incessantly as if the interviewee had said it spontaneously, without being badgered into it.

Hemlepp53
08-19-2004, 08:45 AM
KEEP Travis Henry IN Buffalo until his contract is up. Let McGahee Mature into the spot. Let him get a season under his belt playing a second string. Unless he blows the roof off the NFL and grows quicky into a PREMIER BACK Status... Keep TH On Board until Willis is proven over time.

BillsRockSOMUCH
08-19-2004, 08:50 AM
Why the hell would we do that? Henry is 10X the back Duckett will ever be. If we're gonna trade Henry at the end of the season it will be to make room for McGahee, make him the feature back, and not stop his development. If we trade Henry at the end of the season I guarentee you, a running back will not be included in the deal.

Jan Reimers
08-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Hemlepp53
KEEP Travis Henry IN Buffalo until his contract is up. Let McGahee Mature into the spot. Let him get a season under his belt playing a second string. Unless he blows the roof off the NFL and grows quicky into a PREMIER BACK Status... Keep TH On Board until Willis is proven over time.

Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH
Why the hell would we do that? Henry is 10X the back Duckett will ever be. If we're gonna trade Henry at the end of the season it will be to make room for McGahee, make him the feature back, and not stop his development. If we trade Henry at the end of the season I guarentee you, a running back will not be included in the deal.

You are both being entirely too rational. Therefore, the "Trade Henry Now" contingent will come up with another crack brained reason why we need to get rid of him, and soon - maybe Wally Ogun PLUS some magic beans.

helmetguy
08-19-2004, 09:49 AM
You are both being entirely too rational. Therefore, the "Trade Henry Now" contingent will come up with another crack brained reason why we need to get rid of him, and soon - maybe Wally Ogun PLUS some magic beans.

Of course, in the unlikely event that something like that happens, that same contingent will be on TD like a smell for even considering it, then complain that we didn't go hard enough for, say, Dave Wholabaugh.

Novacane
08-19-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Hemlepp53
KEEP Travis Henry IN Buffalo until his contract is up..

Let him walk and get nothing for him? If Willis plays well this season and stays healthy one of them should be moved in the offseason.

BillsOwnAll
08-19-2004, 10:22 AM
Where do you people get us tradeing henry from? Did you just pull it out of your ass? I never heard anyone talk about tradeing henry AT ALL expect on this site. I would like to know your sourse of infromation CUASE ITS NOT GONNNA HAPPEN.

THATHURMANATOR
08-19-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
Where do you people get us tradeing henry from? Did you just pull it out of your ass? I never heard anyone talk about tradeing henry AT ALL expect on this site. I would like to know your sourse of infromation CUASE ITS NOT GONNNA HAPPEN.

Then you must never talk to anyone on this board about Henry then. Listen, I am sure we will not trade henry during this season, but if Willis shows he has regained form we have to do something otherwise Henry walks and we get nothing.

helmetguy
08-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Then you must never talk to anyone on this board about Henry then. Listen, I am sure we will not trade henry during this season, but if Willis shows he has regained form we have to do something otherwise Henry walks and we get nothing.

That's exactly the point, Thurm. However, based one one pre-season appearance and Henry's "grumblings," some here would be all for trading him now. I can't blame TH for answering truthfully that he wants to be the feature back. Mularkey has already said TH has nothing to worry about. That may change after this season, but for now, he's the guy. If he has another 1300-1400 yard season, the trade value will be there. However, there are some here who want TD to pull the trigger now, without considering that, three weeks into training camp, there probably isn't anyone available that will help us much.

DraftBoy
08-19-2004, 01:10 PM
In no way shape or form should Henry be dealt till after the season and thats only if the offer is a blow away. Henry as we all know will be the feature back but will most likely split carries and has already expressed his intrest in leaving should that occur. So he "may" demand a trade like Portis. If he doesnt we keep him on and let them fight it out for starter right in camp. Personally id rather deal henry bc he's as good as he gets and imo its not good enough.

Hemlepp53
08-19-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
In no way shape or form should Henry be dealt till after the season and thats only if the offer is a blow away. Henry as we all know will be the feature back but will most likely split carries and has already expressed his intrest in leaving should that occur. So he "may" demand a trade like Portis. If he doesnt we keep him on and let them fight it out for starter right in camp. Personally id rather deal henry bc he's as good as he gets and imo its not good enough.

Interesting.. My Rants On DONT TRADE TRAVIS come from the simple fact that many wish it done for the simple reason we have Willis.. I say drop him if need be.. but dont do it cause Willis had a good Pre-Season Game for christs sake....

Kolbiss
08-19-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Hermanator21
that is my point, but we can't give travis to the gayphins nomatter what. we all know what kind of runner travis turns into when motivated and we would face him twice a year...It might not hurt us for the first year or so but it would bite us in our ass...I'm just trying to figure out what or who we could trade for...I don't like the draft possibilities cause you never know(Flowers, A.Smith ect..)we would need another RB W/o conseversy and I thought Duckett would be a good fit, but I guess I am wrong:rolleyes:

Who says your wrong. Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean you r wrong. I think it is a good thought if Mcgahee proves himself.....I would at least want a 2nd round pick or higher though.

Morgoth
08-19-2004, 02:40 PM
TJ Duckett? Thankfully, Hermanator21 isn't in our front office. How did he even come up with that little brain fart?

jbisset
08-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Hermanator21
This thought just came to me and just wanted to see what you guys thought....First off, I want to state that I am NOT in favor of trading Travis but if we do, how about trading him to Atlanta for Duckett(and a draft pick, maybe a third).....This way we would still have thunder and lightning and Travis would become a star and recieve the recognition he deserves plus he is out of our confrence..

1) Henry is a great NFL RB. We need at least one high first round pick and a player for him
2) McGahee is not 100% yet. I do not expect him to be 100% until the end of the season at the earliest. He is also an unproven NFL player.
3) We can trade Henry at the end of the season for the right pick.

Mr. Cynical
08-19-2004, 05:15 PM
You're not Mr. Cynical, you're Mr. Gullible.

Henry has simply made the point that if he is not the feature back, he wants out - a perfectly natural response from a guy who has been number one here, and wants to remain so.

The rest is the continual innuendo, twisting of the truth, abuse of context, repetition, and reporting of just those parts of story that further their agenda, that you always get from the media.

The media has created a controversy, and you have bought it hook, line and sinker.

The REAL controversy would be trading your only proven feature back in the hope that a completely untested player might perform as well.

Glad to see you haven't stooped to name calling when losing an arguement. :rolleyes:

While I agree the media can take quotes out of context and make them into more than they actually are, there comes a point where the comments begin to stand on their own *regardless* of the question. If you want to believe that TH is happy as a lark and thinks the RB situation is peachy, then go ahead and keep your head buried in the sand.

The_Philster
08-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Glad to see you haven't stooped to name calling when losing an arguement. :rolleyes:

Too bad he wasn't losing it ;)
For someone so pissed off as that comment portrayed him as being, he sure seemed happy Sunday congratulating Willis on his play.

mayotm
08-19-2004, 06:47 PM
First time post.

Perhaps we could trade Henry and McGahee to Chicago for RB. That should make that Juice dude happy.

DraftBoy
08-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Too bad he wasn't losing it ;)
For someone so pissed off as that comment portrayed him as being, he sure seemed happy Sunday congratulating Willis on his play.
:shakeno:

What the hell do you expect him to go and deck him in the middle of the field? Henry may not like the fact that he's got to split carries but nobody has ever discredited his drive to win, and I think above all this is that is the one thing about Henry that none of us (whether pro or against the henry trade) have ever doubted

The Natrix
08-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by mayotm
First time post.

Perhaps we could trade Henry and McGahee to Chicago for RB. That should make that Juice dude happy.

:rofl:

Welcome to the zone! :cheers:

Mr. Cynical
08-19-2004, 07:28 PM

What the hell do you expect him to go and deck him in the middle of the field? Henry may not like the fact that he's got to split carries but nobody has ever discredited his drive to win, and I think above all this is that is the one thing about Henry that none of us (whether pro or against the henry trade) have ever doubted

Exactly.

Originally posted by mayotm
First time post.

Nice! Join up and then jump right in to the fray!

:welcome:

The_Philster
08-19-2004, 07:33 PM

yeah..you're right...he was all smiles coming off the field as an act. He was so upset...we gotta get that guy an Academy award. Face it, people, especially the media, like to create controversy when none exists.

Novacane
08-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Face it, people, especially the media, like to create controversy when none exists.

Yes they do. Thats why Travis should be smart enough to not give them ammo by saying the things he said

DraftBoy
08-19-2004, 08:07 PM
yeah..you're right...he was all smiles coming off the field as an act. He was so upset...we gotta get that guy an Academy award. Face it, people, especially the media, like to create controversy when none exists.

Just keep making excuses for him and blame the media, dont you ever take off those rose colored glasses of yours. Of course the media made him say it, they asked so many diffrent hard questions about running, and football, and Willis. Sounds like rocket science to me.

The_Philster
08-19-2004, 08:11 PM

DraftBoy
08-19-2004, 08:12 PM
:rolleyes: