• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hermanator21
    Bleed Red, White, and Blue
    • Mar 2004

Trade possibility??

This thought just came to me and just wanted to see what you guys thought....First off, I want to state that I am NOT in favor of trading Travis but if we do, how about trading him to Atlanta for Duckett(and a draft pick, maybe a third).....This way we would still have thunder and lightning and Travis would become a star and recieve the recognition he deserves plus he is out of our confrence..
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

why bother?

Comment

• Hermanator21
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
      why bother?

True, It just poped in my head..and wanted to see what you guys thought...I mean, i'm trying to think of ways that would make me happy if we trade Henry...I don't want to recieve a draft pick or two because we could really get burned

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

I'm not a fan of Duckett. Like the rest of Atlanta, he has yet to show me something.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Then we would have two unproven RBs and a third rounder who just might turn out to be Coy Wire or Tim Anderson.

Bottom Line: Why would we trade Travis for a lesser back and an unknown draft pick?

Bottom Bottom Line: Why would we trade Travis at all at this point in time?
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Hermanator21
            • Mar 2004

Bottom Bottom Line: Why would we trade Travis at all at this point in time? [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not saying now, I mean after the season...and like i said earlier I am NOT in favor of trading Travis...if it was up to me I would trade McGAYee, but going off the media it will probabaly be Travis and i want good value for the trade..I don't think we should expect equal or better value when and if the trade ever happens. What we should accept would be something that would help us out(Maybe an O-linemen and a draft pick)

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

Nope. Horrible trade, keep him.

Comment

• Hermanator21
                • Mar 2004

if it is either trade or keep I say keep

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                  • Jul 2002

that trade is horrible

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    Reason #1: To avoid RB controversy that could damage the team. Henry has made it clear that he is not happy already.
                    Reason #2: If we can get a 1st rounder and a proven player at a needed position, e.g., Ogunleye, that's better for the team overall.
                    Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 08-18-2004, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Hermanator21
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                      Reason #1: To avoid RB controversy that could damage the team. Henry has made it clear that he is not happy already.
                      Reason #2: If we can get a 1st rounder and a proven player at a needed position, e.g., Ogunleye, that's better for the team overall.
                      that is my point, but we can't give travis to the gayphins nomatter what. we all know what kind of runner travis turns into when motivated and we would face him twice a year...It might not hurt us for the first year or so but it would bite us in our ass...I'm just trying to figure out what or who we could trade for...I don't like the draft possibilities cause you never know(Flowers, A.Smith ect..)we would need another RB W/o conseversy and I thought Duckett would be a good fit, but I guess I am wrong

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                        1.) There is no RB controversy, except for the one created by the media.

2.) You cannot trade a durable, proven warrior who has gained 1300+ yards per season over the last 2 years in favor of a guy who is coming off a horrendous knee injury, has carried the ball exactly 13 times in 1 preseason game, and - because of the injury - is a complete question mark.

3.) There is no sense in solving the Fins biggest problem by providing them our only proven running back, while we hope and pray that Willis stays healthy and returns to somewhere near his college form.

4.) Do you think that TD is certifiably insane?
                        Last edited by Jan Reimers; 08-18-2004, 06:57 PM.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• helmetguy
                          Touch the helmet for luck
                          • Sep 2002

2.) You cannot trade a durable, proven warrior who has gained 1300+ yards per season over the last 2 years in favor of a guy who is coming off a horrendous knee injury, has carried the ball exactly 13 times in 1 preseason game, and - because of the injury - is a complete question mark.

3.) There is no sense in solving the Fins biggest problem by providing them our only proven running back, while we hope and pray that Willis stays healthy and returns to somewhere near his college form.

5.) If Miami can't sign O-gun, what makes anyone think we can? At what price? And, at the expense of what other identified needs?
                          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

1. Have you read TH's comments? These are not media generated. He has made more than one reference to the fact that you need to have a primary ball carrier and splitting carries does not work. Hence he does not believe in it, hence he is rebelling against it, hence there is a controversy.

2. You can trade an RB whose time is running out (do you really believe he will be here next year?) if you are presented with a trade that is too good to pass up. I don't care what team it is, all I know is that if we can get our 1st round pick back in addtion to a proven starter at a need position like DE or C, we should do it. And since the Fins are in such dire trouble I have no problem taking advantage of it and sticking it to them for a boatload of stuff.

3. See #2.

4. Insane, no. Insanely egotistical yes. However he is not stupid. He won't trade TH unless he is presented with "an offer he can't refuse". NO player is untradeable. If you get lulled into that kind of thinking you are not trying to improve the team IMO.

Comment

• Marvelous
                              • Feb 2004

Then we would have two unproven RBs and a third rounder who just might turn out to be Coy Wire or Tim Anderson.

Bottom Line: Why would we trade Travis for a lesser back and an unknown draft pick?

I agree 100%. It's amazing how much you can learn about a fan by there rediculous Henry trade ideas.
                              No pun Hermanator but Dumping Henry is the worst thing we could do since drew is as questionable as they come.

Sippio
                              Grateful for the only sign off life on our offense last year, even with a broken leg and cracked ribs...
                              GO BILLS!!! NE
                              Magical Trevor

Comment

Working...
                              X