PDA

View Full Version : Is Henry a championship caliber RB?

Alluro
11-03-2002, 05:32 PM
i have my doubts, and i think the bills would be wise to move him for a draft pick this year and roll the dice on a rookie.

lordofgun
11-03-2002, 05:40 PM
I liked how Henry was running. The we totally abandoned the run. 12 Rushes in an entire game is not going to win you many.

SABURZFAN
11-03-2002, 06:07 PM
we sure as hell don't have championship coaches.

venis2k1
11-03-2002, 06:10 PM
If henry got 25+ carries a game, he is a championship RB, he has turned out to be one of the better power runners in the game, are you crazy???

JefftheBillsfan
11-03-2002, 06:15 PM
Henry is def good enough for a championship IMO. If he were consistently getting 20 carries a game, he would be in Pro Bowl contention. Lets not forget that he is still young.

Shiny Chicken
11-03-2002, 06:19 PM
You can't be a chump and be among the top 6 or so in rushing...

Alluro
11-03-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Benjudah
You can't be a chump and be among the top 6 or so in rushing...

Remember Lamar Smith in Miami 2 seasons ago? Is he championship caliber? how about barry foster back in his pittsburgh days..was he championship caliber?

JefftheBillsfan
11-03-2002, 06:35 PM
foster and smith were both old in their break out years...henry is still very young, there is no reason to think he will be a bust, travis henry is not the problem on this team, if every player played as hard as he does...wed have a much better record.

JayWood
11-03-2002, 06:36 PM
TH is with out a doubt a championship running back. The kid has shown me alot this season, and will only improve. The problem is when you stop giving him the ball. Iam still trying to figure that out, the Patriots cant stop the run? So why did we only run the ball like 12 times??????? Coaches, any response???

JefftheBillsfan
11-03-2002, 06:48 PM
the coaching staff panicked waaay to soon. therefore they abandoned the run. what are they gonna do when its december and we are in green bay or buffalo and its a blizzard...will they try to run then? this was a really bad day to complain about henry, no fumbles, and what about 5 yards a carry. He runs real hard, and has uncanny vision for a 2nd year back.

The_Philster
11-03-2002, 07:28 PM
A RB will not look very good if he's not getting carries.....look at Antowain Smith.. The Pats are giving him carries...something Pendry refused to do...and he's performing.

ublinkwescore
11-03-2002, 08:17 PM
I have to totally agree, we need to let Henry pull more weight in the offense - he's shown he can hold more then his own.

Captain gameboy
11-03-2002, 08:37 PM
Yes. I wish he had blazing speed and/or cutback speed, but the answer to your question is yes. Without Drew, or an all-pro level QB, the answer is no.

colin
11-03-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Alluro

Remember Lamar Smith in Miami 2 seasons ago? Is he championship caliber? how about barry foster back in his pittsburgh days..was he championship caliber?

Lamar had a pretty low YPC, Henry does not.

Also, Henry is the most outstanding RB in the history of Tenessee.

He had nearly 10 TDs coming into today, he can play.

The Natrix
11-03-2002, 08:46 PM
I am completely sold on Henry. I love his running style and his effort. We would have to be crazy to get rid of him and "roll the dice on a rookie." Seriously, come on...are you nuts?

to answer your question: Yes

jdbillsfan
11-03-2002, 10:34 PM
Is this a joke? I think we need to be worrying about our swiss cheese defense and our terrible coaching staff. With or without Drew, Henry is a good back. 12 Carries 50+ yards. He is a brusing back with the ability to wear down defenses. If he gets the ball 25 times, he goes well over 100 yards.

Lamar Smith, Barry Foster??? Where is this coming from?

Shiny Chicken
11-03-2002, 10:44 PM
AND he held onto the ball today :D

jdbillsfan
11-03-2002, 11:04 PM
The question should be, why is Moulds dropping so many balls??

I like Moulds and all, but what is going on??? He's been dropping like 3 balls a game.

Ð
11-04-2002, 12:54 AM
I don't know if it's inexperience on the OL or poorly designed blocking schemes, but all year long, Travis is getting hammered in the backfield on a consistent basis. Today, it looked like they had no backs picking up blitzing LB's, so it was free shot on Travis day at the Ralph :(

justasportsfan
11-04-2002, 02:29 AM
When the bills D gets scored upon like a cheap whore, our O usually ends up throwing more because it is our biggest weapon. If our D can hold it's own that's when we usually run.

Sabre Ally
11-04-2002, 02:35 AM
When you're only down by 10 though, like we were at the half, it's too early to give up on the run, ESPECIALLY if it's working.

Typ0
11-04-2002, 08:56 AM
That's just it Ally. And we have seen this time and time again with Gilbride. Henry was running all over them yesterday. Why be successful at the run when you can be unsuccessful at the pass? I've given up on this coaching staff.

WCoastFin
11-04-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I liked how Henry was running. The we totally abandoned the run. 12 Rushes in an entire game is not going to win you many.

But I dont think Henry has won you any games this season...its been the shootouts that have kept you in the game....If henry would have ran it more his progression would have came down.