PDA

View Full Version : 4th and 2 on the Pats 32

Typ0
11-03-2002, 05:39 PM
And we punt a 15 yarder. Makes me sick. We were down by two scores I believe, and having great difficulty in the red zone. If we aren't going to kick a field goal then we have to go for it there. No excuses for the coaches. I see a firing in the future. There's too many of these things going on and poor play calling in general.

Ebenezer
11-03-2002, 06:49 PM
There are just too many little things that are even starting to grate on my nerves. Things like this keep happening and GW will be history. I am pretty patient when it comes to coaches. However, right about now I am getting close to calling for both Buffalo pro sports coaches heads.

Alluro
11-03-2002, 06:51 PM
Bill Parcells ! Bill Parcells ! Bill Parcells !

clumping platelets
11-03-2002, 06:52 PM
Turning point of the game. Bills score and the game could have been much different. After the punt, it was truly over.

Belichik :spanku: GW

Ebenezer
11-03-2002, 07:02 PM
IMO, GW conceeded the second he sent Moreman on the field.

Novacane
11-03-2002, 07:03 PM
Tuna would never come to Buffalo and I would not want him to!

Buffarama
11-03-2002, 07:15 PM
This decision to punt is no different than the decision to call time out with the ball on your own twenty and 36 secs left in the half during the last game.
It is just plain stupid, bad football sense, bad decision making. Today Drew couldn't bail him out.
Greg is oh so tricky. Geez.
I don't care who made these calls. The head coach needs to be responsible and take charge of it. This is bad coaching. We went on 4rth down in our own end of the field! We gained 14 yards on the punt!
Yeah I know, he thought the odds were greater that we could punt inside the 5, than gain 1 yard at the 31 or 32. Read it again. The same guy who call time out on his own twenty to throw the ball and challenge the defense, decides the ODDS WERE BETTER THAT WE WOULD BURY THEM INSIDE THE 5 THAN GAIN 1 YARD.
This is pathetic. It defies logic and reason.
How many times in here has everyone said play bump and run? So what did NE do agaisnt us? Bump and run.
What did we do against NE? Play 5-10 yards of a WR. How many times did that WR catch a ball and run for, oh lets say, 5- 30 yards?
Did the coaching staff make any adjustment, at any point, through the entire game on defense?
These guys suck.
If it wasn't for Drew. we would be 0-9, watching this quaility of play every week.

Ebenezer
11-03-2002, 09:18 PM
I have an issue with another play. We had 3 wide and Dave Moore out as a receiver. The Pats call time out obviously in the wrong defense. We come out and line up the same way...probably run the same play...and get stuffed. If they call the time out then you have to switch the play.

LtBillsFan66
11-03-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Turning point of the game. Bills score and the game could have been much different. After the punt, it was truly over.

Belichik :spanku: GW

Agree 100%. That killed us. Why we didn't go for either the FG or 1st down is beyond me. That was the worst call I've seen in a long time.

Jman
11-03-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne
That was the worst call I've seen in a long time.

Here Here.

The Natrix
11-03-2002, 09:40 PM
I don't think it was a horrible call, although I think it was the wrong call.

some would think that with a D as bad as our's, the decision was a good one. However, I disagree.

I think if we had the number 1 D in the league, punting would make more sense, because the D would be more likely to earn a safety, pick or fumble recovery. However, with our D, all that is going to happen is on the first play, the opposition is going to just run a screen or something and be right back where they would have been if we failed to convert the 4th down.

Basically, our O needs to eat the clock a lot more. This is not going to happen when we put the game in our D's hands with a 17 yard punt.

jdbillsfan
11-03-2002, 11:09 PM
GW is an air-head. I actually think there is no brain inside of his head. If there is a brain, it is probably like one of those brains in Rainman where it seems like he knows some stuff every once in a while. That is probably what impressed TD in the interview. Yeah, 4-6 defense, yeah, I am a defense genius, yeah, 4-6 defense....

Rebecky
11-04-2002, 12:25 AM
Thanks jdbills -- thanks to your post, every time I see GW's picture, I'll think of Rainman. Because it fits! LOL.

don137
11-04-2002, 05:27 AM
I think Greg prepares hard but he definately doesn't use good judgement in the heat of battle. I am not trying to take anything away from the Pats and there victory with this statement: Coaching makes NE a better team then what they are and our coaching makes us an worse team than what we are.

SABURZFAN
11-04-2002, 06:31 AM
this is what really burns my @$$ the most about this game.WTF???????

:mad: