PDA

View Full Version : Talking about attendance....

WCoastFin
11-03-2002, 05:50 PM
By the 3rd QTR. I saw lots of empty seats....just wondering why they left so early? You guys liike to bash becuz of attendance (which I think is a joke), but whats the point of selling out and having all your fans show up when your team is the one not showing up?

BTW, I gotta give you guys props for keep the place pretty loud...I think it was the loudest Ive heard it this whole season so far.

SABURZFAN
11-03-2002, 05:57 PM
it was a statement made by the fans.at least they got their monies worth tailgating.

Typ0
11-03-2002, 06:00 PM
1/4 of the crowd were Patriots fans.

AG75
11-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
By the 3rd QTR. I saw lots of empty seats....just wondering why they left so early? You guys liike to bash becuz of attendance (which I think is a joke), but whats the point of selling out and having all your fans show up when your team is the one not showing up?

BTW, I gotta give you guys props for keep the place pretty loud...I think it was the loudest Ive heard it this whole season so far.

I think you may have answered your own question there. I eventually stopped watching the game, it is not fun to watch yuor team get blown out. I do not by any means consider myself "fairweather", but there gets to a point when you know you have no chance of winning and you spare yourself the torture.

Im sure the people in the stands wanted to at least beat the traffic and get out and on the road. It was a pitiful game today, and especially painful because so much was riding on it, and I think a lot of us wanted a win for Drew.

I was proud of how loud the crowd was today though. Not since the early 90's during the Bills "glory years" have I heard the crowd that loud.
Aimee

Shiny Chicken
11-03-2002, 06:34 PM
I had to leave the TV with 10 minutes remaining in the game... Ihaven't done that all season... Ijust couldn't stand to see tem lose anymore....

Ebenezer
11-03-2002, 06:42 PM
Sorry WCF....the fans really piled out in the 4th quarter not the third. I was there...and Typ0 I agree I say between 5 and 10 thousand Pats fans.

clumping platelets
11-03-2002, 06:45 PM
No more than 5,000 Pats fans

If you watched at the beginning of the 2nd half, many people were still getting food and making pit stops because of the Kelly ceremony at halftime

Ebenezer
11-03-2002, 06:50 PM
I don't know about that. There were still >25,000 fans in the stadium at the end and I'd bet 25% of them were pats fans.

clumping platelets
11-03-2002, 06:51 PM
:rolleyes:

The_Philster
11-03-2002, 07:30 PM
I actually left around the two-minute warning....I've NEVER done that before :angry:

WCoastFin
11-03-2002, 10:58 PM
They were also showing some fights I bet it was intense and frustrating (for bill fans)....but how much are the tickets? heck, over here when I go see my Dolphins vs OAK or SF...tickets sell from 50-80 Dollars depending where you sit....and I dont care if my Phins are getting blown out I try to stay till the damn Groundskeeper staff leave!

NoCtUrNaL
11-03-2002, 11:42 PM
They were also showing some fights I bet it was intense and frustrating (for bill fans)....but how much are the tickets? heck, over here when I go see my Dolphins vs OAK or SF...tickets sell from 50-80 Dollars depending where you sit....and I dont care if my Phins are getting blown out I try to stay till the damn Groundskeeper staff leave!

Allot of the fights I saw were precipitated by highly intoxicated Pat's fans throwing and spilling $h!t on Bills fans starting at the end of the 3rd quarter, (they spilled and threw $h!t on one another too, but this didn't cause fights amongst them, I actually saw a row of Pats fans mashing popcorn into each others heads and then pouring beer on that. I guess that's their idea of group hygiene). Anyway, add some ill advised smack talk and fights are inevitable.

SABURZFAN
11-03-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by NoCtUrNaL

Allot of the fights I saw were precipitated by highly intoxicated Pat's fans throwing and spilling $h!t on Bills fans starting at the end of the 3rd quarter, (they spilled and threw $h!t on one another too, but this didn't cause fights amongst them, I actually saw a row of Pats fans mashing popcorn into each others heads and then pouring beer on that. I guess that's their idea of group hygiene). Anyway, add some ill advised smack talk and fights are inevitable.

take notice that noc never mentioned soap either.

Rebecky
11-03-2002, 11:46 PM
Mashing popcorn on each others' heads? LOL.

NoCtUrNaL
11-03-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Rebecky
Mashing popcorn on each others' heads? LOL.

5% Alcohol + 95% testosterone= 100% three stooges behavior

northernbillfan
11-04-2002, 12:53 AM
LMAO @ Noc

You have beer with 5% alcohol in it???

5% alcohol + 80% testosterone + 15 IQ points = 100% Stooges behaviour.

The_Philster
11-04-2002, 05:20 AM

My tickets are $30 apiece but since my seatmate keeps blowing off the games lately, it's $60. I've stayed till after the team leaves the field every game for the past 7 years but this effort just made me sick. When there were about 5:00 left in the game, I went down to sit with my tailgating buddies... THURM had already left. The only thing appealing was seeing my buddy Julie and Trendichick. After they left the field, I went up to talk to one of my buddies on the security force for a few minutes and then left.