PDA

View Full Version : Job opening ...

Buffalofan
11-03-2002, 06:21 PM
There should be an ad in the Buffalo News tomorrow for a new defensive Coordinator, and possibly a new head coach. Face it, the Defense just totally sucks, theres no other way to put it. And if Williams ever calls for another punt from the 31 while getting his ass kicked I say he needs to be fired as well. Todays game was a total embarassment to the City and the Fans. We really looked like ***** today ...

:shakeno:

clumping platelets
11-03-2002, 06:38 PM
We have 2 6' CBs and NE has small WRs. Play on the line and hit em.

Our defense does above average on 3rd and short but MUST BE the league's worst on 3rd and long (7+ yds).

OFFSEASON PLAN for Mr. Donahoe

DEFENSE!!!! DEFENSE!!!! DEFENSE!!!!

Ebenezer
11-03-2002, 06:41 PM
Atrocious!! No other word can describe this defense today! How many times were they beaten by screen passes on 3rd and long...that is a disgrace!

WCoastFin
11-03-2002, 07:42 PM
I have a great resume!.....:D

Ingtar33
11-03-2002, 08:13 PM
I'd never take the DC job... we just dont have the horses to do much.

colin
11-03-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
I'd never take the DC job... we just dont have the horses to do much.

Ing, I can understand you being the voice of reason among the raving Bills fans, but can you really say that we were not completely out coached today? I have always been a supportive fan, and I was happy with the good things the coaches did, but I am affraid that we are not seeing the improvement we should. I think we have some good personal overall (obviously not on D) to be competitive.

If you look at the way KC may lose but sticks in there (and our O does in nearly every game) I think you can see a team with some big weaknesess (and I think we have a better roster than KC) who still gets put in a postion to win.

I really hope Gregg and especially Grey make me eat crow, but this is the first time I have been calling for heads.

Gregg needs to reign in Gilbride and make sure we do some passing, and if I were him I would be really sure that Grey shows something because I think it might cost Williams his job.

Ingtar33
11-04-2002, 12:47 PM
Grey... yah he has not impressed me, and I don't mean to imply that it is never the coaches’ fault. During the first half I was going crazy watching our D play nice and vanilla. But what ticked me off even more was watching our D miss tackle after tackle even when the correct D was called. On the Faulk and two A.Smith TD catches the right D was called. The players were put in the position to stop the play in the backfield... yet Jenkins and Fletcher missed a tackle on Faulk's 40+ yard screen pass... then Wire, Watson, Thomas, Robinson(2times), and Fletcher missed tackles on Smith's two TD catches.

To say I was a little bit ticked is an understatement (at both Grey and our D). However in defense of Grey, our pass rush doesn't get any pressure... which makes it hard to play any sort of press coverage... furthermore, when he adjusted and stopped giving the Pats soft looks, the D played even worst.

The Bills need 2 NFL quality safeties, 2 new outside LB (preferably very fast ones), and 2 DL (a great pass rushing DT, and a good pass rushing DE).

BTW: I nearly threw something at the TV when Gregg punted on 4th and 2.

RedEyE
11-04-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
... furthermore, when he adjusted and stopped giving the Pats soft looks, the D played even worst.

Oh did they adjust ? ~ could have fooled me. The only adjustment I saw the defense make was the adjustment and upgrade of the Patriots score. You right INGTAR, they played piss poor and the schedule doesn't get any easier from here.

In addition:
The offense was the flatest that I have seen all year. Dropped passes, overthrown routes, crappy play calling etc..... :grind: That game was enough to kill a man.