• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Giants doing it right w/ Eli

Listening to Jimmy Johnson on the halftime report, the Giants did the right thing by starting Eli and getting him experience with the 1st O. Buck and Aikman agreed as well.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Whoever is startin gthat o-line is ****ing terrible a lot worse than ours a lot worse.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

dont forget that the panthers have one of the best dlines in football right now.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

The Giants have an entirely different situation from the Bills. Kurt Warner is a newcomer to the team vs Drew Bledsoe, love him or hate him is the established starter for the Bills. Also, Eli Manning is considered the most polished QB in the draft, except pfor possibly Phil Rivers. Losman is considered less polished because Tulane did not run a typical pro style offence. Therefore Losman is considered by most to be at least a year away from being ready to start. I'll trust the Bills staff on this. BTW, I understand the Bills are going to oplay Travis Brown some with the first team offence Saturday.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
          dont forget that the panthers have one of the best dlines in football right now.
          Yes I know that but their o-line still sucks.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

Aikman again mentions the harm sitting on the bench does for a rookie, e.g., Palmer. Peyton said the same.

I disagree that we are that different than the Giants. I think the situations at QB are very similar. Both have superstar rookie QBs with aging birdbath vets. At least they are *trying* different things. We seem to be completely inflexible on this issue.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
              Aikman again mentions the harm sitting on the bench does for a rookie, e.g., Palmer. Peyton said the same.

I disagree that we are that different than the Giants. I think the situations at QB are very similar. Both have superstar rookie QBs with aging birdbath vets. At least they are *trying* different things. We seem to be completely inflexible on this issue.
              There is a difference our coaching staff has faith in Bledsoe wether you do or not is not the issue, with the Giants there is an open competition.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                There is a difference our coaching staff has faith in Bledsoe wether you do or not is not the issue, with the Giants there is an open competition.
                That's true. They can't give JP the shot given their public stance of "no controversy here...Drew is our starter no matter how bad he plays or how good JP plays". So you are right, there is no open competition.

But that's what I can't understand.

Their undying devotion to him still feels like (and I know you disagree) TD is leaning on MM to make it work w/ Drew for political/ego reasons. Oh well. At least we have JP coming in at *some* point. Just wish we didn't have to lose all that time beforehand.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

That's true. They can't give JP the shot given their public stance of "no controversy here...Drew is our starter no matter how bad he plays or how good JP plays". So you are right, there is no open competition.
                  Or how good Bledsoe plays can't add that could you. It's a new year and a new coaching staff if Drew sucks again then yes J.P. shoudl be our man next year but if Drew has a good year then he stays for 2.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                    Or how good Bledsoe plays can't add that could you. It's a new year and a new coaching staff if Drew sucks again then yes J.P. shoudl be our man next year but if Drew has a good year then he stays for 2.
                    Point taken. But even if Drew has a good year there still should be an open competition next camp. We gave up too much for JP to ride the bench for 2 years straight without at least giving him the chance to start. I have confidence that TD sees this and will open it up next year. At least I hope so anyway.
                    Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 08-19-2004, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                      • Jul 2004

Good Man Spaz.. I Agree... Let The Season Play Itself Out... Things Will Fall Into Place Sooner Or LAter.. No ONe Wants A Losing Season..
                      @Hemlepp53

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Hemlepp53
                        Good Man Spaz.. I Agree... Let The Season Play Itself Out... Things Will Fall Into Place Sooner Or LAter.. No ONe Wants A Losing Season..
                        you'd never know it to hear some people talk...
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Al Harris
                          • Aug 2004

whashin film on eli shows a diffint beast than losman. i think jp has a hot hand an needs adjustment to the speed of the nfl befo that hand helps rather than hurts heem

Comment

• Al Harris
                            • Aug 2004

i do think losman could be ready by next season tho. washin from da bench and hearin coaches break up wha u saw durin the week is a big help to a young player

Comment

Working...
                            X