PDA

View Full Version : Take a deep breath

JefftheBillsfan
11-03-2002, 06:53 PM
Let's not forget that we are still a very young team. There will be times when we play great, and there will be times that we will play like today. Everyone around here seems to get to high after a win and too low after a loss. We arent as bad as we played today, but we arent as good as when we beat the dolphins 23-10 either. we are somewhere in between right now. We are on the brink of greatness, maybe even a dynasty I think, but we arent there yet. so dont throw the whole season out just yet, or proclaim us as the super bowl champs after our next win. Patience my fellow Bills fans, patience, the day is coming, its just not here yet....

Novacane
11-03-2002, 06:57 PM
And it won't be here this year with this defense. I think what has people upset the most is we are not seeing any improvement from the Defense. They can only use the "we are young" excuse so long. I can live with mistakes if I see improvement. This D is regressing. I think they played just as bad if not worse today than they did against the raiders.

Buffarama
11-03-2002, 07:03 PM
What upsets me is a coaching staff that decides to take away the deep ball from a team that can't throw the deep ball, and thrives on 5-10 yard passes. Then after observing the obvious, doesn't adjust and keeps getting burned with the same plays over and over and over.

Ebenezer
11-03-2002, 07:04 PM
I'm happy about 5-4...if somebody said, "would you like to be 5-4 at the bye" I would have been happy. I just don't like the way they lost to NE and the Jets. Some really bad things there.

Novacane
11-03-2002, 07:05 PM
and over and over and over and over,,.......................................It felt like groundhog day with their screen passes!

Cntrygal
11-03-2002, 09:36 PM
:up: good post Jeff!!

I do have to agree with the "young" excuse...... It does get tiring. I want to see some improvement (and all of them "play" during the same game - for the entire game). This was the worst the D played all season. Sigh.... I didn't really expect us to be 5-4 at the bye, who really did?

Jman
11-03-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
who really did?

I did... I figured we would be maybe 1 game better... and I can name that game...

todays.

lunatic_bills_fan
11-03-2002, 09:47 PM
With all respect guys I really dont think we can be truly happy with a 5-4 record. I realize ita an improvement to last year, but with our offence it should be better. We are getting burned hard on defence and with absolutely no guidence form GW and hiss Puppet "yes man" JG hard times are still a comin. I have never agreed with really shking things up in mid season, but we need somebody who knows defence to step in and do some damage control. :madfire: