WCoastFins thoughts on Drew Bledsoe.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WCoastFin
    I have the arms of a new born baby!
    • Jul 2002

WCoastFins thoughts on Drew Bledsoe.....

......"and for their 1st pick in the 2003 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills pick QB Drew Bledsoe"...ask yourself,was it worth it? Bledsoe might be having the best year of his career, but I believe most of it is due to the fact that he is on a new team and new surroundings...Its almost as if he feels like a rookie again...but lets take a look at the facts, The guy will be 31 or 32 next year (not sure about when his B-day is) , and youve got to wonder if boredom will kick in.... he is on a team who will probably miss the playoffs and what will happen if the bills come in next season struggling again?....

The truth is I dont think he will have many seasons like the ones he is having right now and next year he wont be on a new team with new surroundings....I thinik the Bills messed up on trading for him...the only reason I would see a team make such a move would be if they were a QB away from being a contender and you guys were not a QB away from being a contender, but were alot of things from being a contender....now you will see youre hopes slowly go away with an expensive aging QB playing for your team...If you brought Drew in for your team it was to win games now, not next year.....You simply cannot build a team around Bledsoe becuz by the time that happens he will be ready to retire...Imagine if you would have gone with a QB on the FA market (Jeff Blake is one example)....with the offensive weapons you have he would be just as deadly and not to mention less expensive.....This was not only one of the biggest trades in all of history but also one you just might regret.
    Last edited by WCoastFin; 11-03-2002, 07:06 PM.
    We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.
  • clumping platelets

FA market got ya Ray Lucas

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
      • Jul 2002

wcfins thougts on Bledsoe....

WCF has thoughts? I'm shocked!

Comment

• Scott
        shelby's big brother
        • Jul 2002

Jeff Blake? He cannot even win the starting job in Baltimore! I think Drew is proving this year he is worth the #1 pick.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

It was worth it.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Judge
            • Aug 2002

Idiotic post, WCF.

Without Drew, and with a dud like Ray Lucas at the QB position, the Bills are dead in the water. Drew's a difference maker on this playoff contender.

Drew played fine yesterday. It wasn't his fault that the D couldn't stop a darn thing.
            Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• wharfrat
              Is it February yet?
              • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Judge

Drew played fine yesterday. It wasn't his fault that the D couldn't stop a darn thing.
              Didn't see the game, so this is an honest question....

why only 7 points if Drew played a "fine" game?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

3 missed FG's and at least one other time they came up empty in the red zone...NE played great bend but don't break defense. Drew was fine...hang this one on the D.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• colin
                  Drew's my hero!
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by wharfrat

Didn't see the game, so this is an honest question....

why only 7 points if Drew played a "fine" game?
                  We never ran on a terrible run D.

Comment

• AG75
                    My buns are weiner friendly
                    • Oct 2002

Drew was definitely worth it. Without him I truly believe we would be 1-8 or something like that. He is only 30, that imho is hardly aging. I would say he has a good 5 years ahead of him. Jim Kelly was just getting started when he was in his 30's.

We have the offense(when were not doing really stupid things like punting on the 31 yard line) and the talent is there, but the o-line needs a little more strength and I am not even going to get into the defense. Nothing I can say that has not already been said
                    Aimee
                    Aimee

Comment

• WCoastFin
                      I have the arms of a new born baby!
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Scott
                      Jeff Blake? He cannot even win the starting job in Baltimore! I think Drew is proving this year he is worth the #1 pick.
                      umm Blake did not get beat for the starting job.....Brian Billick wants Redman to start so he can start devoloping....Blake is on the bench by choice and now that Redman's injured hes starting by force.
                      We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Guess what WCF, there are two days in your life that you shouldn't worry about. That's yesterday and tomorrow. There is nothing you can do about the past , and don't worry about tomorrow because it takes care of itself.

Why worry about a bills player anyways when you guys have qb problems? Lucas hasn't done anything and Fiedler is no HOFer. Don't play psychic either . This subject was discussed when the thought of hiring DB came up. You're months late and besides you're a finfan who's opinion don't matter. No offense but maybe you're better off taking this subject to finheaven.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsFanStuckInWisc
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

...and the Phish is a WR away from winning a championship, right? And that's why they brought in the EVEN OLDER and with MANY MORE of his best years behind him Cris Carter?

I'll guarantee you that Wanny is kicking himself for not bringing in Bledsoe themselves. Imagine, Dolphins with Bledsoe's passing threat and Ricky's running threat....

Yes, it was all worth it. Build the team around Bledsoe. Next we need to develop depth in our running game. Need a 1-2 punch like thunder and lightening. We've got the WRs so that's set. Need to continue to develop this young D. Bring in a rush passer and we're ALL SET.

Comment

• TedMock
                            • Jul 2002

Drew will be 31 next season. To say that they won't be ready to win until he's ready to retire is not very accurate in my opinion. He's not retiring for at least 5 years, if they aren't a playoff team within the next 5 years then the problem goes way beyond Bledsoe. He has very talented weapons on this team and I don't think that having big play ability will result in boredom. He also gets along with this coach which is different for him. I think that this was a very good move. They can now bring in a rookie in a few years and let them learn under him for 1 or 2 seasons before he's ready to hang em up. The OL needs to get better, the D-line and back up corners also need to get better before they're serious contenders. Drew will be just fine with a little protection. Also, 237 of the 310 yards Brady threw for were on screen or hitch patterns toward Watson's side. When the hell is Winfield coming back to make those tackles after only a 3 yard gain rather than watching Watson miss tackle after tackle and the receivers having open sideline for the next 15 yards?

Comment

• mchurchfie
                              • Jul 2002

Re: WCoastFins thoughts on Drew Bledsoe.....

Originally posted by WCoastFin
                              ......"and for their 1st pick in the 2003 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills pick QB Drew Bledsoe"...ask yourself,was it worth it? Bledsoe might be having the best year of his career, but I believe most of it is due to the fact that he is on a new team and new surroundings...Its almost as if he feels like a rookie again...but lets take a look at the facts, The guy will be 31 or 32 next year (not sure about when his B-day is) , and youve got to wonder if boredom will kick in.... he is on a team who will probably miss the playoffs and what will happen if the bills come in next season struggling again?....

The truth is I dont think he will have many seasons like the ones he is having right now and next year he wont be on a new team with new surroundings....I thinik the Bills messed up on trading for him...the only reason I would see a team make such a move would be if they were a QB away from being a contender and you guys were not a QB away from being a contender, but were alot of things from being a contender....now you will see youre hopes slowly go away with an expensive aging QB playing for your team...If you brought Drew in for your team it was to win games now, not next year.....You simply cannot build a team around Bledsoe becuz by the time that happens he will be ready to retire...Imagine if you would have gone with a QB on the FA market (Jeff Blake is one example)....with the offensive weapons you have he would be just as deadly and not to mention less expensive.....This was not only one of the biggest trades in all of history but also one you just might regret.
                              Yes, and that is why the Fins gave an even older and more washed up player with a tenth of the talent in FIddler a huge contract. Your opinion means nothing here WToast other than to ANTAGANIZE debate...go back to "www.big huskymenshowers-livecam.com" where you came from and most like to frequent, other than here.
                              My Band
                              daveviterna.com

Comment

Working...
                              X