PDA

View Full Version : McGahee states his case for a starting job with Bills

The_Philster
08-21-2004, 04:49 AM
Still think the Buffalo Bills don't have a running back controversy on their hands?

A week after Travis Henry said he would ask to be traded if he was supplanted as the team's No. 1 running back by Willis McGahee, McGahee has asked the team to trade him if he's not the Bills starter on opening day, according to a report from The Associated Press.

The AP report on Friday added that McGahee has not issued an ultimatum, but he has made it clear to the club he won't be happy backing up Henry, the incumbent who is coming off back-to-back 1,300-yard seasons....more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040821/SPORTS03/408210325/1007/SPORTS)

I can't believe they're still buying into it :shakeno:

alohabillsfan
08-21-2004, 05:22 AM
If any of this is true then we have some serious character issues! I wish both would worry more about the team winning games and making the playoffs than whose starting! :mad: :down: :hitself: :holdhand:

Philagape
08-21-2004, 05:29 AM
Based on the agent's comments, it HAD to be him who was the "source."

TD will NOT be pressured, and MM won't take any crap

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-21-2004, 06:20 AM
What are the odds that the source was Travis Henry?

McGahee has said that he isn't 100%, why in the world would he think that he is ready to take on a starting job at running back in the NFL this year?

Jayhawk
08-21-2004, 06:34 AM
that's just the problem with those Hurricane players. They think that they are entitled to everything and will let you konw that. McGahee will be a fine pro but he has to take this slow or he will end up take courses at Miami instead of playing

The Spaz
08-21-2004, 06:40 AM
Profootballtalk.com is complete horse **** and whoever thinks they are a creditable source is ****ing stupid.:mad:

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-21-2004, 06:43 AM
Profootballtalk.com is complete horse **** and whoever thinks they are a creditable source is ****ing stupid.:mad:

Oh man, if profootballtalk.com was the source forgetaboutit. :phew:

illusionone
08-21-2004, 06:52 AM
Oh man, if profootballtalk.com was the source forgetaboutit. :phew:

I hate this kind of bull ****..there is no freakin I in team

McBFLO
08-21-2004, 07:13 AM
I hate this kind of bull ****..there is no freakin I in team

Well, there aint no we either...
j/k!
I'm kinda leery (sp?) on this whole thing. McGahee said that he told the Bills that he never said that and that he doesnt know where it came from, according to wgr 550.

Jayhawk
08-21-2004, 07:19 AM
blame the fish.

Novacane
08-21-2004, 07:23 AM
I heard that on WGR55 too. If McGahee said he never said that I have to take him at his word. I'd bet any money this whole thing comes from Rosenhous. The more willis plays the more that scumbags gets.

Novacane
08-21-2004, 07:38 AM
It's believed people close to McGahee are trying to pressure the Bills into starting him or making a move so he can reach his incentives.

There is the key to the entire article. It's not McGhaee, it's Rosenhous

Michael82
08-21-2004, 08:13 AM
It's believed people close to McGahee are trying to pressure the Bills into starting him or making a move so he can reach his incentives.

EXACTLY! The best thing to come out of all of this would be for Willis McGahee to be a big team player and tell Rosenhaus to STFU and then fire him. :snicker:

don137
08-21-2004, 08:19 AM
I get sick of the lies by these agents errr...sources. I wish they were accountable for their actions.

Marino13Phins
08-21-2004, 08:26 AM
It was on ESPN and several other radio shows as well. It's Mcgahee's agent, the guy is an a$$ and I think Mcgahee arleady had a big head, but with an agent taling him up like that lal time I can't say I didnt' expect to see this coming. I think TH should be your opening day starter.... he deserves it.

Mad Bomber
08-21-2004, 09:07 AM
I I think TH should be your opening day starter.... he deserves it.

Absolutely. TH has shown he has what it takes, rushing for 1350+ yards in each of the last two seasons, much of that last year with a broken bone. McGahee's NFL experience consists of ONE PRESEASON GAME. If it's true he's intent on being a starter, instead of whining he should go out and prove why he SHOULD start ahead of TH.

Novacane
08-21-2004, 09:10 AM
It was on ESPN and several other radio shows as well. It's Mcgahee's agent, the guy is an a$$ and I think Mcgahee arleady had a big head, but with an agent taling him up like that lal time I can't say I didnt' expect to see this coming. I think TH should be your opening day starter.... he deserves it.

I'll take a RB controversy over the phins problems anyday :D

Marino13Phins
08-21-2004, 09:42 AM
I'll take a RB controversy over the phins problems anyday :D

:nono: That's not very nice.... :mad:

ScottLawrence
08-21-2004, 09:46 AM

Yea.... No question Henry is going to be the starter opening day.

Mularkey loves him.

The_Philster
08-21-2004, 11:00 AM
What are the odds that the source was Travis Henry?
slim and none

Marino13Phins
08-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Yea.... No question Henry is going to be the starter opening day.

Mularkey loves him.

And I love to hate him. :dance:

superbills
08-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Allright. Phil, I'm counting on you for this, bud. This nonsense HAS TO STOP! Look, we are arguing and speculating on something that may never have happened. Hell, Resenhaus may never had said anything at all and is simply keeping his mouth shut to generate hype and keep the attention machine spinning. We need to stop creating posts about stuff that has no credible source. Phil, I'm not blaming you. I realize you are gathering legitimate news stories. But these stories are full of speculation and hype and, uite frankly, they're Pi$$ing me off.

We have no reason to not be optimistic about this season, the team, and BOTH of our running backs. I agree that, beyond this season, there is little doubt that we may have to deal one of them, but everyone with even half a brain (yes, Phin fans too) knows that neither of them is going anywhere anytime soon. We really need to move on. Just because Rosenhaus is an a-h0le doesn't mean that we need to get all up in arms about something that, up to this point, has no basis in fact.

Phil, i'm not singling you out, nor am I blaming you for any of this. I really appreciate all the work you do in gathering stories about the Bills and posting them here, but, the "MaGahee may or may not have said this" crap has gone too far. I love being a part of these boards and this community, but this latest McGahee v. Henry crap is getting me angry. I don't want to step on anyone's toes or overstep my bounds as someon who is a "csual" poster, but this is the time of year to get excited about the Bills and instead I'm feeling like I did during hte Flutie-Johnson debacle. Please, let's all make this stop now.

Novacane
08-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Yeah Phil. Stop instigating this crap :D

That Guy
08-21-2004, 11:40 AM
The news is absolutely everywhere... ESPN, AP, KFFL, Rochester D&C... this was eventually going to be posted. Phil was just passing on news.. I don't think he told anyone to believe it.

mybills
08-21-2004, 12:07 PM
:nono: That's not very nice.... :mad:

No, but it was hillarious! :roflmao: :dance: :D

Mr. Cynical
08-21-2004, 12:26 PM

I agree, although I think there are 2 keys to the article:

1. Money. Both profit from reaching those incentives, WM moreso than Drew, so it is not inconceivable that WM is in on it. There's no evidence at this point that WM is like a Spielman who said it was a privilege and not a right to play in the NFL, so it's not out of the question he wants more bling. Not saying I 100% believe he said this...but I am saying it is not impossible either.

2. Ego and competitiveness. As I've said before, having 2 young star RBs is not a blessing, it is a curse. It doesn't work. We're already seeing smoke rising and it's not even the regular season yet.

IMO, I don't see WM getting traded. If one is going to leave it will be TH. TD wants asses in the seats and WM is a bigger draw. Nothing against TH..he is a solid starting back....but he is not as explosive as WM. So from a PR and a football perspective, TH is more likely to be traded than is WM.

cablesabres68
08-21-2004, 12:49 PM
Please you guys don't listen to the media they are 0-2 so far on predicting things. (Johnson leaving flutie staying Wrong)(Us hiring Marvin lewis wrong)
another thing this whole story came from his agent DREW ROSENHOUSE because he is a dolphin fan born and raised. His dolphins clientel includes 12 of the phins starters. He just wants his money cuz if Macgahee doesn't make as much as he is supposed to Rosenhouse don't get paid.He just wants to see ogunleye go somewhere where he can get his money worth and help his phins get better. Like I said before Rosenhouse is one of the most hardcore phin fans and i can understand him wanting the phins to get what they need in Big Mac but he is manipulating the Bills and i hope these reports don't sway TD's decision to not trade either running back. I have a lot more to say on this topic of ROSENHOMO :mad: :mad: :mad: but it's not the time or the place. I will start a topic to bash rosenhouse. also Big Mac i believe him when he said he didn't say any of this. Like howard simon said yesterday we want a team full of competitors like both of our number one backs and i believe when the season starts henry and macgahee will be happy because i really believe they both will be in the backfield at the same time.

Thx
Cablesabres68

That Guy
08-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Please you guys don't listen to the media they are 0-2 so far on predicting things. (Johnson leaving flutie staying Wrong)(Us hiring Greg fatty Williams)

I guess I don't follow... the whole media didn't predict Flutie was staying. And... I'm not even sure what you're trying to say about Gregg.

superbills
08-21-2004, 08:05 PM
The news is absolutely everywhere... ESPN, AP, KFFL, Rochester D&C... this was eventually going to be posted. Phil was just passing on news.. I don't think he told anyone to believe it.

As I said, I don't blame Phil for this, but we have to stop creating thread after thread on this stuff. What scares me the most is that some people here are starting to believe this over-hyped B.S.

Although, none of this may matter if T.H is out for a while. :sad:

Throne Logic
08-21-2004, 08:59 PM
What sickin's me the most is that the media takes an AP source credited for an alleged comment and immediately blows it out of proportion without actually verifying it with the primary parties. ESPN is particularly guilty of this tonight. I expect better of them.

The_Philster
08-22-2004, 07:17 AM

I even said
I can't believe they're still buying into it :shakeno: at the bottom of the original post. I knew it looked fishy when I first saw the report..then I saw the WGR report that refuted it