PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to trade: Henry or McGahee

Ebenezer
08-21-2004, 07:58 AM
We all knew it would come to this. Now, they both want out if they are not the opening day starter. Personally, I don't like boat rockers and would get rid of them both. But that is not possible. I would trade McGahee myself but I don't know if you would get the value. Anybody for a RB to Miami for Ogun and a 1st rounder?

Novacane
08-21-2004, 08:05 AM
They are both under contract so they can both shut up and play this year. I say don't trade either this year and move one of them in the offseason. :yap:

Michael82
08-21-2004, 08:09 AM
They are both under contract so they can both shut up and play this year. I say don't trade either this year and move one of them in the offseason. :yap:

I totally agree! :bf1:

Marino13Phins
08-21-2004, 08:27 AM
You know all their talk will cause problems. You guys might be forced into making a trade you don't want to do.

Philagape
08-21-2004, 08:36 AM
Forced by whom? A virtual rookie? What will WM do if TD and MM tell him to sit down and shut up? This isn't like RJ-Flutie when the locker room was divided. There isn't one veteran Bill who wouldn't support TH after what he gave for his team last year. And barring injury, there's no way TH will simply lose his job, and there's nothing WM (or his agent, if it's all him) can do about it exception take his medicine and pay his dues and SHUT UP.

Marino13Phins
08-21-2004, 08:51 AM
Forced by whom? A virtual rookie? What will WM do if TD and MM tell him to sit down and shut up? This isn't like RJ-Flutie when the locker room was divided. There isn't one veteran Bill who wouldn't support TH after what he gave for his team last year. And barring injury, there's no way TH will simply lose his job, and there's nothing WM (or his agent, if it's all him) can do about it exception take his medicine and pay his dues and SHUT UP.

Forced by a trade they can't refuse due to two mouths constantly running int he locker room ruining chemsistry.

If you think nothing will come of this, I can't say I agree, Mcgahee has barely played in games and he is already talking, if he keeps on scoring and playing well you don't know what could happen.

Novacane
08-21-2004, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=Chambers84Phins]Forced by a trade they can't refuse
QUOTE]

You mean like the phins giving up O-gun and 2 first rounders for one of them? Yeah, then I'd change my mind and say do it now :clap:

Philagape
08-21-2004, 09:16 AM
My point was that this is no threat to the locker room. Even if this reached worst-case scenario, the team would be united behind Henry, who played his heart out for them while injured. Of course, a great offer should be considered, but I guarantee that TD's hand will NOT be forced, nor will Mularkey's. WM and his agent have no leverage.
Speaking of his agent, if he's behind all this, he should be fired. Saying stupid things like this only hurts his client.

DraftBoy
08-21-2004, 09:20 AM
If i have to deal one of them and trust me you would because A, your either gonna have a team divided something TD cant afford and MM doesnt need. or B, two players sitting out. Its not unheard of for a player under contract to sit out and not play and demand a deal. Charles Woodson anyone? Clinton Portis? So being put in Eb's situation, Id move Henry because we have more to lose in McGahee and Henry is worth more because he is proven so the return is bigger, but if it could be avoided Id keep them both.

BillsRockSOMUCH
08-21-2004, 09:25 AM
If we're gonna rushing it as often as we've said we would (30-35 times a game) Isn't that enough carries for everyone. Can't Henry get his 20 and McGahee his 10-15? Does McGahee a back with no NFL experience expect to go into the 1st game of the season and give him 20-25 carries? I say keep both for this year, Henry remains the starter but McGahee still gets some carries and after the season we decide who we want to trade and we try to work out a deal.

Philagape
08-21-2004, 09:35 AM
A. The team will NOT be divided, not between a veteran warrior and a loudmouthed (virtual) rookie.
B. No one will hold out. TH will remain the starter, so he won't have reason to. WM has no leverage. If he sits, he only hurts his own career. I'd be prepared to go into the season without him if it came to that, which it won't. Does a couple of decent-but-not-spectacular preseason showings give him leverage he didn't have before??? All he can say now is that he doesn't play like a cripple! That doesn't quite put him on the level of Woodson or Portis or O-Gun.

BigZ
08-21-2004, 09:36 AM
There's absolutely no way we should trade either of them this year.

We need to find out if WM is the read deal before we do anything. That means showing the explosiveness he used to have and being able to play the whole year.

Travis is a known commodity. He plays hurt. He's had consecutive 1300 yard seasons.

If WM can show the spark we are in a great position to get something good for him or Travis (probably Travis) AFTER the season.

Marino13Phins
08-21-2004, 09:41 AM
I can see the locker room getting divided by the better and better Willis does. If he is getting less carries, but scoring more TD's. Or Travis has a sub par 2 games in a row, things are going to start being said. Be it through the media or locker room.

DraftBoy
08-21-2004, 09:45 AM
A. The team will NOT be divided, not between a veteran warrior and a loudmouthed (virtual) rookie.
B. No one will hold out. TH will remain the starter, so he won't have reason to. WM has no leverage. If he sits, he only hurts his own career. I'd be prepared to go into the season without him if it came to that, which it won't. Does a couple of decent-but-not-spectacular preseason showings give him leverage he didn't have before??? All he can say now is that he doesn't play like a cripple! That doesn't quite put him on the level of Woodson or Portis or O-Gun.

Really the team wont become divided, I didnt know you were in the locker room thanks for letting us know, has Mike Williams really lost alot of the weight? Seriously though nobody thought we would have a QB controversy with Flutie and RJ but the fans and team quickly became divided on them as well, it could happen.

As for McGahee holding out your right it wouldnt have the same effect as Portis or Ogun would but it does but a big black mark on TD. Something I dont think he's prepared to take right now. He knows that its put up or shut up time so he can afford to let anything go wrong.

Philagape
08-21-2004, 09:50 AM
I'm just as much in the locker room as those who think it will be divided :D

And you seem to read TD's mind very well, very impressive!

DraftBoy
08-21-2004, 10:01 AM
its a gift what can I say?

finsrclowns
08-21-2004, 10:06 AM
I can see the locker room getting divided by the better and better Willis does. If he is getting less carries, but scoring more TD's. Or Travis has a sub par 2 games in a row, things are going to start being said. Be it through the media or locker room.

You mean like when Mr. Third String pops off when he's not starting and Dumbo is? :roflmao:

Philagape
08-21-2004, 10:11 AM
REASONS WHY HENRY-McGAHEE IS NOT LIKE ROB-FLUTIE:

1. The nature of the position. More than one RB can play, even at the same time. Does it really matter who the tailback is on first-and-10 of the first series when there will be 60-plus plays in the game?
2. Rob was a known commodity with NFL experience. Willis isn't there yet. He hasn't earned anything.
3. It's generally known that Flutie wasn't the most popular guy in the locker room. There's nothing to suggest that's remotely true of Henry.

OR, if you prefer to switch the roles ....
2. Willis hasn't electrified the team on the field like Flutie did. Even if he does ....
3. Henry won't lose his job like Rob did (see No. 1)

DraftBoy
08-21-2004, 10:16 AM
REASONS WHY HENRY-McGAHEE IS NOT LIKE ROB-FLUTIE:

1. The nature of the position. More than one RB can play, even at the same time. Does it really matter who the tailback is on first-and-10 of the first series when there will be 60-plus plays in the game?
2. Rob was a known commodity with NFL experience. Willis isn't there yet. He hasn't earned anything.
3. It's generally known that Flutie wasn't the most popular guy in the locker room. There's nothing to suggest that's remotely true of Henry.

OR, if you prefer to switch the roles ....
2. Willis hasn't electrified the team on the field like Flutie did. Even if he does ....
3. Henry won't lose his job like Rob did (see No. 1)

Oh yee of little faith:
1. I dont think that they want all the carries to themselves but they both want the majority so out of the 30-35 running plays we will call they both want 20 of them
2. RJ was a known commodity what did he have 2-3 starts in the NFL? Wow big known commodity there
3. This one I cant argue with bc Im not there

OR
2.Willis however has been a very pleasant surprise to everyone with this type of success this early
3.Nice of you to make a perdiction I like that, I say Henry will lose his job, just dont know when yet.

anything else?

BAM
08-21-2004, 10:28 AM
NEITHER.

The media is full of ****. :yap:

The Spaz
08-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Morons!!!!!!!!

saviorbledsoe
08-21-2004, 10:41 AM
You guys do realize that this entire situation was created and hyped by the media who want to sell newspapers and have something to talk about on the radio until the season start right?

BAM
08-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Morons!!!!!!!!

:snicker:

Slightly ******ed morons. :snicker:

The Spaz
08-21-2004, 10:53 AM
:snicker:

Slightly ******ed morons. :snicker:

Yes. :D :peace:

Philagape
08-21-2004, 10:57 AM
OK so the team will be divided ... one half says, "Henry should get 20 carries instead of 15!!!" The other side says, "Willis should get 20 carries instead of 15!!!" Yeah that will be a real divisive issue.

Also, what has Willis done so far? Some goal-line touchdowns? Less than 5 YPC? Against second-team defenses? He's been decent, but to say he's been a very pleasant surprise is holding him to what standard? Are we judging him as recovering from an injury, or as a 1st-rounder who's expected to be a star? By the first standard, he's been great. By the second standard, well, he's done only what any RB in his position <I>should</I> do. Ron Dayne and Lee Suggs have been more impressive. He's done nothing to warrant any sense of entitlement to the No. 1 job.

Marino13Phins
08-21-2004, 11:03 AM
You mean like when Mr. Third String pops off when he's not starting and Dumbo is? :roflmao:

If you haven't figured out why he was listed as a 3rd string qb by now, you are hopeless my friend. :scratch:

Marino13Phins
08-21-2004, 11:04 AM
You guys do realize that this entire situation was created and hyped by the media who want to sell newspapers and have something to talk about on the radio until the season start right?

That's what gets it to actually happen.

Marino13Phins
08-21-2004, 11:05 AM
OK so the team will be divided ... one half says, "Henry should get 20 carries instead of 15!!!" The other side says, "Willis should get 20 carries instead of 15!!!" Yeah that will be a real divisive issue.

Also, what has Willis done so far? Some goal-line touchdowns? Less than 5 YPC? Against second-team defenses? He's been decent, but to say he's been a very pleasant surprise is holding him to what standard? Are we judging him as recovering from an injury, or as a 1st-rounder who's expected to be a star? By the first standard, he's been great. By the second standard, well, he's done only what any RB in his position <I>should</I> do. Ron Dayne and Lee Suggs have been more impressive. He's done nothing to warrant any sense of entitlement to the No. 1 job.

It will if one back is really out preforming the other.

Jayhawk
08-21-2004, 11:09 AM
They are both under contract so they can both shut up and play this year. I say don't trade either this year and move one of them in the offseason. :yap:amen to that, but it's one of those things in sports that you have to get used to even though you don't wnat too.

ublinkwescore
08-21-2004, 11:14 AM
This has media BS written all over it.

Willis McGahee totally denied saying anything didn't he?

IF WM said something, then he clearly regretted it since he DENIED it later on.

WM seems to have a lot of class I doubt he said that.

I think if this team starts out strong and winning a lot of games the first 8 weeks, there's a slight chance that TH and WM will begin to more seriously consider co-existing.

If they got a ring this year, they would probably look at themselves as the new TT and Kenneth Davis.

The_Philster
08-21-2004, 11:17 AM
I thought that was already shown to be the case. Why this thread?

Novacane
08-21-2004, 11:20 AM

That has not been shown to be the case. Read the Rochester D&C. It sounds like it is Drew Rosenhous fueling this fire. I can't blame the media for running with it.

Willis should fire Rosenhous

DraftBoy
08-21-2004, 11:21 AM

Because there is nothing else to talk about so why not stir up controversy and have some fans get their panties in a bunch? Should we just doubt everything we hear or explore every option imaginable?

Novacane
08-21-2004, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=DraftBoy]Because there is nothing else to talk about so why not stir up controversy and have some fans get their panties in a bunch? QUOTE]

:lolpoint: Phil has his panties in a bunch

Marino13Phins
08-21-2004, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=DraftBoy]Because there is nothing else to talk about so why not stir up controversy and have some fans get their panties in a bunch? QUOTE]

:lolpoint: Phil has his panties in a bunch

What color are they? :limp:

Novacane
08-21-2004, 11:34 AM
What color are they? :limp:

You'd have to ask Mikey that :crazy:

Mr. Cynical
08-21-2004, 04:30 PM
If i have to deal one of them and trust me you would because A, your either gonna have a team divided something TD cant afford and MM doesnt need. or B, two players sitting out. Its not unheard of for a player under contract to sit out and not play and demand a deal. Charles Woodson anyone? Clinton Portis? So being put in Eb's situation, Id move Henry because we have more to lose in McGahee and Henry is worth more because he is proven so the return is bigger, but if it could be avoided Id keep them both.

Agreed, you have to trade TH if he really puts up a stink so that you avoid the controversy that can tear a team apart. BUT, there has to be something really good on the table. You don't trade a 1,300 yard back for chump change.

So, my answer is Henry unless there is no trade worth it. At that point you may as well try to make it work, although that is only going to add to the already challenging situation with new coaches, new schemes, etc.

Mr. Cynical
08-21-2004, 04:43 PM
That has not been shown to be the case. Read the Rochester D&C. It sounds like it is Drew Rosenhous fueling this fire. I can't blame the media for running with it.

Because there is nothing else to talk about so why not stir up controversy and have some fans get their panties in a bunch? Should we just doubt everything we hear or explore every option imaginable?

Exactly. The media didn't "create" this any more than Gore "created" the Internet. :rolleyes:

The media can spin and twist things and often do just that. But they can't just completely make things up out of thin air to "sell newspapers". I mean, ok....how's this: "Jerry Jones called Ralph Wilson an old fart and thinks he sucks monkey nuts." Big story? You bet. Libelous if the media just prints this without a single shred of substance? Absolutely.

No, there is something here besides media magic. It may not come to fruition, but there's no way anyone is going to convince me that there is absolutely no truth to any of the TH/WM controversy.

The_Philster
08-22-2004, 07:05 AM
The source was profootballtalk.com...not exactly a reputable news organization. They put it up, AP saw it and ran with it. The Bills and McGahee have since refuted it :nana: