PDA

View Full Version : Who is most to blame for Defense

Novacane
11-03-2002, 07:30 PM
I know we need better players but I have to pick Gray. He does not seem to learn from mistakes

Captain gameboy
11-03-2002, 07:39 PM
Look at the film. Were players in position to stop plays? I think they were. Did they do it? No. My point. A little bit of youthful exuberance caused some over-running. One or two need to be replaced- we got nothing out of our linebackers today, but this is a good core, and they are well coached. Be patient. Our time will come.

ublinkwescore
11-03-2002, 08:10 PM
We just weren't tackling, and shutting off the safety valves. Aaron Schobel came to play though. Too bad the rest of the D didn't.

Captain gameboy
11-03-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
We just weren't tackling.....

Our guys were there, they just didn't finish. Jerry G was not to blame for today, his players were.

Jman
11-03-2002, 08:17 PM
I also voted the players. Like gameboy said, we were coordinated perfectly 9 times out of 10, but when it came time to make the hit, our guys just messed up.

Best example I can think of is on a 3rd and 6 there was a screen to Antoin Smith, Watson was lined up a little to his left, he rushed strait at smith, dove, and missed. Should he have been more conservative and move over, allowing a 2-3 yard gain, he could have had the hit.

Then again on the 45 yard screen pass-to-touchdown was made to a NE tight end (name slips my mind) he was engaged by not one, but two Bills secondary, which he evaded with a small hurdle and a spin.

Plus the picture on the main page says it all...
http://www.billszone.com/images/gamephotos/billspats1/billspatriotsreuters001.jpg

Well... into the bye week we go.