PDA

View Full Version : I hope Losman plays a lot tonight

Novacane
08-21-2004, 09:55 AM
I really don't wanna watch Travis Brown for 1 1/2 quarters like last week. JP needs all the playing time he can get.

DraftBoy
08-21-2004, 10:03 AM
I agree id like to see him in there for a half

The Spaz
08-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Hopefully the 1st string offense does well so that will allow J.P. to play more.

BAM
08-21-2004, 10:11 AM
I want to see the 1st stringers more than either, they obviously need the work

saviorbledsoe
08-21-2004, 10:15 AM
I am hoping to see our first team in there for 1st half. T. Brown in the 3rd quarter and JP in the 4th.

TigerJ
08-21-2004, 10:40 AM
I doubt the first team will get a half. That will come next week. Travis Brown is going to get some time with first string. I can't see Drew getting any time with second string. If first string gets a quarter plus maybe one drive in the second quarter, I could see JP getting the entire second half.

Jayhawk
08-21-2004, 11:22 AM
yeah I hope that Losman gets more work, he looked good the last game. I just hope that the offense (1st team) can jell. That offensive line is going to gray MM real fast.

That Guy
08-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Just kinda off topic.. when is the deadline for the first cuts?

TigerJ
08-21-2004, 11:47 AM
I think it's on another thread. Something like August 31, after all of the third week of preseason games.

Mr. Cynical
08-21-2004, 11:47 AM
I want to see JP in the 2nd quarter with the first team offense. That would be the smart move imo.

That Guy
08-21-2004, 11:51 AM
I think that the team is planning on taking Losman along slowly. I think he'll probably get as much action as he did last week.

As far as quarterbacks go, the only thing that the Bills are worried about this week is if Travis Brown is a capable NFL backup. The only way they can really get a fair analysis of that is if he works in with the first team. Brown is the odd guy out, he's not the starter and he isn't the first round pick. If they really want to invest more time into him, TD and the coaching staff has to figure out if he's worth keeping around.

mybills
08-21-2004, 12:10 PM
I want to see JP in the 2nd quarter with the first team offense.
me too! :up:

The Spaz
08-21-2004, 12:11 PM
Won't happen:up:

That Guy
08-21-2004, 12:14 PM
Way to deflate their hopes:up:

The Spaz
08-21-2004, 12:23 PM
Way to deflate their hopes:up:

What if anything Brown will play with some of the 1st string no way will the starters be out there long enough for J.P. to play with them.

That Guy
08-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Well as I said earlier, I agree.. I could see Losman playing the entire second half though, or all of it except for Zolman's two minutes at the end.

Mr. Cynical
08-21-2004, 12:30 PM
Won't happen:up:

Unfortunately for the success of the Bills, you are right. :sigh:

The Spaz
08-21-2004, 12:50 PM
If you want success you don't start rookie QB's. Anyway this is preseason we are doing it no different then any other NFL team.

Mr. Cynical
08-21-2004, 12:57 PM
If you want success you don't tart rookie QB's. Anyway this is preseason we are doing it no different then any other NFL team.

Except for the Giants.

As you said...and I agreed....there is no open competition for the QB spot. I think that is a mistake, you don't. That's cool.

But in this case we're talking what we'd like to see here, not what is going to happen. I would like to see what he can do with the 1st O and against the 1st D. If he did well, then the "oh he played against scrubs" argument goes away. Again, this is not going to happen, I know. But IMO it should because we know what Drew can do. We don't with JP and he should get a shot like Eli.

That Guy
08-21-2004, 01:01 PM
But the Giants season is going to hell anyways... they know that whether they throw him to the fire or not, they're most likely to suck. As we all know, there's at least a winning team on paper here in Buffalo.

Peyton's first season... 3-13. Aikman's first season... 1-15. Usually, rookie quarterbacks (even ones with successful careers) fail miserably.

Mr. Cynical
08-21-2004, 01:13 PM
But the Giants season is going to hell anyways... they know that whether they throw him to the fire or not, they're most likely to suck. As we all know, there's at least a winning team on paper here in Buffalo

Peyton's first season... 3-13. Aikman's first season... 1-15. Usually, rookie quarterbacks (even ones with successful careers) fail miserably.

And look what happened in the following 2 years with those two examples:

Dallas
1989 1-15 (Aikman rookie year)
1990 7-9
1991 11-5

Indy
1998 3-13 (Peyton rookie year)
1999 13-3
2000 10-6

I'd rather bite the bullet now than wait and waste time. However, I'm still not convinced that it would be biting the bullet with JP instead of Drew. We dont' know because we haven't seen him with the 1st O against the 1st D.

That Guy
08-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Well either way, it doesn't matter what he does in the preseason, we all know that Bledsoe is the starter. Also, if they feel like Losman would get eaten up by a 1st D at this point (he has bad footwork, stares down wideout etc...), why would you ruin his confidence in a meaningless preseason game? Let him cruise through the preseason unscathed, and we can talk about him on first O next year.

BigZ
08-21-2004, 03:47 PM
I'd love to see JP get some quality time with the 1st string.

I also agree it won't happen because we need to find out if Brown can run the offence in case of an injury with Drew.

If Drew goes down, though, I'd really like us to bite the bullet and start JP. Not sure if that would happen or not.

But I don't want anything to happen to Drew

Mr. Cynical
08-21-2004, 04:24 PM
But I don't want anything to happen to Drew

Nor do I. :smile:

I just want JP to get the chance to outplay him, and if he does, to bench Drew. But I don't want anything physically bad to happen to him. That's just wrong, especially with a guy like Drew.

saviorbledsoe
08-21-2004, 04:58 PM
That which exists objectively and in fact: "the state of the world as it really is rather than as you might want it to be."

Since when is reality "being able to tell the future" as you do in every post?

Jayhawk
08-21-2004, 04:58 PM
I'd rather see this season Drew completly healthy and a Pro Bowl season. I don't want JP to see more than mop up action (when we blow out teams)

Mr. Cynical
08-21-2004, 05:19 PM
That which exists objectively and in fact: "the state of the world as it really is rather than as you might want it to be."

Since when is reality "being able to tell the future" as you do in every post?

Dude, give it a rest. You obviously just want to pick a fight, and I'm not going for it.

saviorbledsoe
08-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Dude, give it a rest. You obviously just want to pick a fight, and I'm not going for it.

im not picking a fight but you seem to want to pick fights with all of us with optimistic hopes by putting stuff like that in your signature.

Al Harris
08-22-2004, 06:58 AM
i dun washed jp losman film enuff 2 no he goan be ready real soon but fo sho not rights now

his delivery hit receivers where they be out past they route or playin off the sift, this caint help much if he aint ajustin to the speed of nfl secondary an throwin late coz you doan gots much chance to hit on a break route wit first team defense