X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

My thoughts on Willis and Henry

why are we even fueling this thing??? i dont get it.. we are as bad as the media is for creating this bull**** lie..

i cant tell you how bad it irritates me when i turn on sportscenter and see "the associated press is reporting willis wants to be the starter or traded".. and then they just move right on to the next thing.. what a crock of ****.. they dont say he denied saying that.. or that it was an unnamed source.. just report it as fact, to get everyone watching sportcenter to run with that garbage.

Mcgahee already said that he didnt say it.. he has already spoke with the bills.. all that we know is that an "unnamed source" said "umm, i think willis wants to be the starter.. and ummm, yeah.. if he isnt.. he umm.. i think he could want a trade.. or something.. um.. yeah.. that is exactly what he told me"

this whole thing is a bunch of crap.. i have seen the interviews with willis.. he is not bent out of shape over being the back up this year.. he knows that as long as he just continues to get healthy and plays decent in the relief role this year, the job will be his next year most likely.

come on guys.. stop fueling this craziness by starting poles about which one we should get rid of..

for all we know, it could have been Wys that is the unnamed source, because he doesnt want to see henry go!

this is just getting crazy.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Fairway To Green
    • Jul 2002

most posters are saying the media is creating this.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

I agree people need to let this **** die.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
        • Jul 2002

The point of this board is to talk about things like this

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Given their contract statuses (stati?), both players HAVE to play, and play hard. Neither can afford, in the literal and figurative senses, to hold-out or not play hard. If it were a matter of having even just 1 guy with 1 year left on his contract, it would be a different story. However it isn't. Mularkey is playing this perfectly, naming Henry the starter and working McGahee in slowly. McGahee has even LESS leverage than Henry in this whole situation and has to do what he's told.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
            most posters are saying the media is creating this.
            maybe on this board.. but i was just looking around.. and this crap is all over fantasy football message boards..

i got 2 phone calls last night.. "what the hell is this crap WM is crying about now?"

it really just frustrates me..

like someone pointed out.. larry johnson/holmes, jordan/cmartin, foster/davis, perry/rudi johnson, jackson/faulk... no one says a damn thing about them.. why??

the rudi johnson, perry situation in cincy is identical to ours.. rudi just reupped his deal.. perry was drafted in the high second round.. but no one says a damn word.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Marino13Phins
              Put your banana between these melons and make a fruit salad
              • Oct 2003

I will not let it die, I will be the sole reason this fire keeps going!

Comment

• LarryBoy
                The world needs a hero!
                • Apr 2003

I'm looking foward to seeing both these guys in the backfield....I think the longer they are both there the better this team will be!
                Bills Rock!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Not true there have been rumblings about how long Marvin Lewis will sit on Chris Perry, whether thats more media bs or truth who knows.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                    The point of this board is to talk about things like this
                    while i agree.. i just wish that everyone could see it as a completely overblow lie..

instead of starting trade threads.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      while i agree.. i just wish that everyone could see it as a completely overblow lie..

instead of starting trade threads.

then where would my fun go?
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Chambers84Phins
                        dont make me take away the rep point i gave you earlier!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

like someone pointed out.. larry johnson/holmes, jordan/cmartin, foster/davis, perry/rudi johnson, jackson/faulk... no one says a damn thing about them.. why??

I guess because McGahee with his comeback from injury, is a lot bigger story than those backups

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Chambers84Phins

Ricky Williams
                            David Boston

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                              Given their contract statuses (stati?), both players HAVE to play, and play hard. Neither can afford, in the literal and figurative senses, to hold-out or not play hard. If it were a matter of having even just 1 guy with 1 year left on his contract, it would be a different story. However it isn't. Mularkey is playing this perfectly, naming Henry the starter and working McGahee in slowly. McGahee has even LESS leverage than Henry in this whole situation and has to do what he's told.

I disagree both can more than afford to hold out because teams are that desperate for a RB. They will hurt their status but not enough to really affect their careers.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X