PDA

View Full Version : Haha pats

Marino13Phins
08-21-2004, 08:30 PM
The pats are looking impressive tonight, and Dillon just coughed up the ball, :snicker:

illusionone
08-21-2004, 08:45 PM
The pats are looking impressive tonight, and Dillon just coughed up the ball, :snicker:

Bad karma

Michael82
08-21-2004, 09:52 PM
:gag: :ontome:

mybills
08-22-2004, 12:56 AM
Pitiful is more like it. Billachickie was dumbfounded! roflmao!

Demon
08-22-2004, 02:05 AM
31-3 to the Bengals ???!??!!!

WOW i know it's only preseason but still.

mybills
08-22-2004, 02:15 AM
Yeah, and that was their starting line at 21-0! lol.

Al Harris
08-22-2004, 07:05 AM
i jes only saw the hilights but fo sho the pats secondary needs sum help. boys dun looked lost out there.

Jayhawk
08-22-2004, 07:07 AM
guess they partied way too much in the offseason. WOW.

BillsRockSOMUCH
08-22-2004, 07:15 AM
:dance:

Marino13Phins
08-22-2004, 09:05 AM
I knew they wouldn't be able to play teh same with the new enforced rules for the DB's. They mugged WR worse then Miami.

Ickybaluky
08-22-2004, 11:32 AM
I knew they wouldn't be able to play teh same with the new enforced rules for the DB's.

The new rules have'nt really been a problem, they only have been called for illegal contact twice, both against Asante Samuel.

The problem yesterday was two teams playing at completely different intensity levels. Cincinnati took it to the Patriots in every phase of the game and the Pats just bent over and took it.

That said, it is preseason and it is a little early to be alarmed. If anything, it can serve as a wake-up call.

The Spaz
08-22-2004, 11:37 AM
I knew they wouldn't be able to play teh same with the new enforced rules for the DB's.

The new rules have'nt really been a problem, they only have been called for illegal contact twice, both against Asante Samuel.

The problem yesterday was two teams playing at completely different intensity levels. Cincinnati took it to the Patriots in every phase of the game and the Pats just bent over and took it.

That said, it is preseason and it is a little early to be alarmed. If anything, it can serve as a wake-up call.

I have noticed Troy Brown has been playing nickleback the last 2 games why is that?

Ickybaluky
08-22-2004, 11:54 AM
I have noticed Troy Brown has been playing nickleback the last 2 games why is that?

Belichick. He loves doing stuff like that in the preseason. He tries guys at different positions all the time to build versatility. He believes it gives him the ability to be more flexible when deciding inactives. For instance, the Pats are deep at WR but have some young DBs. However, he can carry one less DB and one more WR on gameday if Brown is able to serve as a DB in an emergency.

Last year in the Super Bowl, the Pats suffered injuries to Harrison and Wilson and couldn't stop Carolina. Luckily, they had the ball last and were able to kick a FG to win it. That underscored how important depth is, especially considering only 45 dress on gameday. However, it could have cost them the game.

Belichick also says he doesn't distinguish between the importance of any down. Whether it is first of 4th down, the best guys should play. That is why you see so many Patriot starters contribute on ST. If he feels that guy is their best ST player, then he will play him in that situation and won't worry about injury. He figures a guy can get hurt at any time.

Belichick loves to be prepared for those situations, and tries to build depth because of that. He says the time to build that depth and versatility is the preseason, rather than asking a guy to do something he has never done before because of an emergency. Last year, He had Givens play DB in the preseason as well. Vrabel plays TE (it may stop now with Watson, but he scored in the Super Bowl) in goalline, Seymour and Klecko play some fullback. Lots of starters play ST. All their OL get work at different positions during preseason.

The Brown experiment seems a little more serious. He has received a longer look than most. That said, he probably will only see time in the regular season unless there is an injury, but he will be on the DB depth chart to give additional flexibility on the 45-man roster.

BTW, as bad as the Pats played yesterday (and, make no mistake, they were completely tooled just like they were last year in the opener against Buffalo), there was one big positive. Their only injury of note was a twisted knee to rookie S Guss Scott, who was able to return and play in the 2nd half and should be fine.

Novacane
08-22-2004, 12:10 PM
[QUOTE=NE39]I have noticed Troy Brown has been playing nickleback the last 2 games why is that?

Belichick. He loves doing stuff like that in the preseason. He tries guys at different positions all the time to build versatility. QUOTE]

He should try Tom Brady at linebacker next week :meh: