PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Titans Game

alohabillsfan
08-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Special teams looked good again (except the EP that cost us the game!!) T Mcgee looking good on ST and the D

1st team D took a step back against the run and 3rd down (2 long drives against their 1st team O. I hope it was not of things to come, they can play better.

The O looked better--(Drew got rid of the ball quickly), but I question the running game (Losman leading rusher???, what RB controversy is everyone up there talking about)?????

Penalties in the red zone once again plagued us for atleast 10-14 points I was having flash backs of the return of Rueben Brown!!!!

Yes, we may have lost but we did not get shut out 17-0 or spanked by cincy!!

saviorbledsoe
08-21-2004, 09:24 PM
My thoughts...........T.Brown is an A-HOLE!!!

Cost us the damn game.

saviorbledsoe
08-21-2004, 09:25 PM
and Lindel is just barely on my good side. Barely.

The Spaz
08-21-2004, 09:25 PM

Cost us the damn game.

It's true but Moorman usually does the holding for kicks.

illusionone
08-21-2004, 09:26 PM

Cost us the damn game.

Agreed

illusionone
08-21-2004, 09:28 PM
When the Patriots lose, they lose big huh..the scary part is the last time they lost like this, they never lost another game (15 straight)

carybillsfan
08-21-2004, 09:30 PM
SO, I didn't get to see the game here in NC, but whats the deal with Evans- 1catch 0 yards. Are we just sandbagging him or is he not getting open at all?

The Spaz
08-21-2004, 09:31 PM
I dunno bad he had a nice reverse for 12 yards.

illusionone
08-21-2004, 09:36 PM
so how did the first offense do? I think they should have left them in for another qtr, the first qtr was all titans 10 freakin min

LABillsFan
08-21-2004, 09:50 PM
12 penalties for 127 yards. That's more than the Bills had passing.

casdhf
08-21-2004, 09:52 PM

Cost us the damn game.

They did have the ball on the 3 with a minute left. I think they may have had a chance to score a TD...

:thurm:

Slim
08-21-2004, 10:00 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7601109

DOLPHINS TRADE Ogunleye!

Mr. Cynical
08-22-2004, 01:03 AM
12 penalties for 127 yards. That's more than the Bills had passing.

:doh: 6-10.

natefan22
08-22-2004, 01:13 AM
how did kelsay look??

Demon
08-22-2004, 02:02 AM
My thoughts on the Game:

-I thought the first team offense was impressive. I liked the way Eric Moulds played, you could definetly tell he's 100%. I also thought Drew Bledsoe played well. The whole offense was on the same page i thought which was good.

-First team defense scared me. Tennessee did whatever they wanted on us. They ran, the passed. I was impressed by the long passes Tennessee tried, we always seemed to be ahead, but Tennessee would still get their yards on short passes and runs.

-Willis McGahee doesn't seem to show his explosive first touch or his awsome speed. I know it's only 2 games, i'v liked what i say but this isn't what i expected to be honest. I hope he's not going full out just yet because it's preseason.

-Thus far, after 2 games, i definetly think McGahee is better then Henry. Just my opinion on 2 games.

-I thought Troy Vincent was the worst player on the field today. Tennessee WR's did whatever they wanted to him. He seemed lost. Alot of people say he's better then Winfield, but i gotta say after what i am seeing, theres no way he's better then Winfield.

-The best player i thought was Terrance McGee. Both on special teams and on defense. It wouldn't suprise me if McGee starts over Vincent by mid-season.

-Lindell is gonna cost us a few games. I thought he would learn and get better but i guess nothing has changed.

-So many bad penalties. I hope it was because of some bad blood between the teams, but if not, then that worries me alot. We were KILLED by penalties today. Penalties alone lost the game for us tonight. I hope it was only a problem vs the Titans and not a team wide problem.

That's it. Just my $0.02.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-22-2004, 06:28 AM
Question the running game? I thought it was pretty solid.

Historian
08-22-2004, 07:24 AM
how did kelsay look??

Looks like Hansen in number and stature. He played okay.

The first team offense was crisp, as was the special teams. The penalties were sick...for both teams. They just drag the game out miserably.

saviorbledsoe
08-22-2004, 07:35 AM
Why doesnt T. Brown throw the ball in the endzone on the muffed extra point hold? He ran out of bounds. An interception cant hurt you in that situation. THROW IT UP FOR GRABS!!!! I think he was worried about his stats. Cost us the game. I know its preseason but I am still pissed we lost.

ShadowHawk7
08-22-2004, 12:27 PM
That's it. Just my $0.02.

No way that's worth 2 cents. :snicker:

Lol, jk. I loved how the 1st Oline played today, even though we should of punched it in the endzone at least once more. But the 3rd Oline played putrid for Losman. One good thing is that, even with all the penalties that we had, and missed opportunites, we still should of beaten those Titans. And it's still preseason. Our 1st team run defense was scarily bad though.. Our 1st team pass D was bad too..

G Wolly
08-22-2004, 12:35 PM
The ref made the WORST calls i have ever seen whenever it seemed we were gettin somewhere we get a damn penalty.how come half of em were personal foul?if we didnt encroach at the last second i think they woulda missed the FG.i cant talk anymore today so it was a good game even tho we lost and i lost :sad:

lunatic_bills_fan
08-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Question the running game? I thought it was pretty solid.
which game?

G Wolly
08-22-2004, 12:37 PM
i liked Travis's i believe 28 yard run where he broke like 4 tackles.Awesome i hope he isnt out for the season. and is the McGahee comment proven yet?

ShadowHawk7
08-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Don't worry, Henry will be out for the rest of the preseason, at absolute most, concluding from the early injury reports. I wouldn't shock me at all, to see our tough-as-nails 2003 MVP getting carries at Indy next week.