X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Sullivan: Only one way to end the controversy: trade Henry

Tom Donahoe made himself available to the media before Saturday night's game. But don't get the wrong idea. The Buffalo Bills' president and general manager simply wanted to "clear up any confusion" over reports Willis McGahee was unhappy being a backup. He doesn't believe the Bills have a running back controversy on their hands.
    "I think maybe the media does," Donahoe said, "but we don't have one."

It brought back fond memories of Wade Phillips looking us square in the eye and insisting the Rob Johnson-Doug Flutie warfare was "media-generated."
    ...more

You know, every once in a while Sullivan writes a magnificent piece.....this wasn't one of them
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • saviorbledsoe
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jul 2003

There Is No F$%^ing Controversy And Even If There Were What Would It Hurt?????????????????????? Damn This Is Stupid Crap!

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Sullivan isn't known to be one who will hold himself and the rest of the media accountable for their actions.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

this is great stuff!
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          this is great stuff!
          Sure.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Oh come on, how many diffrent ways can you laugh at your fellow fans? I log onto the board and see so many people getting so pissed off, at what this outlet of the media said or what this poster said. Its hilarious. Please continue to be pissed off, it fulfills my entertainment needs.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
              Oh come on, how many diffrent ways can you laugh at your fellow fans? I log onto the board and see so many people getting so pissed off, at what this outlet of the media said or what this poster said. Its hilarious. Please continue to be pissed off, it fulfills my entertainment needs.
              Who's pissed off I find it boring.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

I dont know maybe all the people swearing all over the board at the trade henry, or the trade mcgahee threads, maybe the people who are getting their panties in a bunch over the topic. Some people are just way too close minded about this team.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

some of us are just too tired of talking about stupid ideas and lies reported by the "media." Maybe it's just preseason, but as far as I'm concerned, it's still part of football season and there are bigger fish to fry

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    some of us are just too tired of talking about stupid ideas and lies reported by the "media." Maybe it's just preseason, but as far as I'm concerned, it's still part of football season and there are bigger fish to fry
                    Phil, where is your proof that the media is lying? I agree they are hyping it all they can but Henry was quoted directly in USA today. He has not denied saying those things nor has he said he was misquoted or taken out of context.

As far as Willis' supposed statement..................You can't call it a lie. I believe Willis when he says he never said that but I do believe Rosenhous is stirring the pot and feeding the media crap. Thats the kind of person he is. Willis should let him know who he works for and tell him to shut up and let Willis speak for Willis.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

I just find it hard to believe that anything coming from profootbaltalk is true until I see it from other sources.
                      I will say this...if Rosenhaus said it, and Willis denies saying it himself...he's putting words in his client's mouth and that's just the same thing as lying in my book

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                        • Jul 2002

I will say this...if Rosenhaus said it, and Willis denies saying it himself...he's putting words in his client's mouth and that's just the same thing as lying in my book
                        I agree......but thats a lie buy Rosenhous, not the media. I don't doubt he said this crap. Look how he lied about Willis "being on the phone with another team" during the draft and then joked about it after. The guy just likes to get attention for himself and the media plays right into it. Plus, the more Willis plays the more $$$$ Rosenhous makes.

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                          Phil, where is your proof that the media is lying? I agree they are hyping it all they can but Henry was quoted directly in USA today. He has not denied saying those things nor has he said he was misquoted or taken out of context.

As far as Willis' supposed statement..................You can't call it a lie. I believe Willis when he says he never said that but I do believe Rosenhous is stirring the pot and feeding the media crap. Thats the kind of person he is. Willis should let him know who he works for and tell him to shut up and let Willis speak for Willis.
                          It all comes down to money.. both players need to get alot of touches to get paid this year and for Henry in the future.

WM's agent is doing his job by trying to get him as much out of the incentives as he can this year.. theres a big difference in 4 million and 8 million dollars, Lets do the math.

I also don't believe that WM has no idea whats going on.. If he feels he is healthy and the better back why shouldn't he get more touches?
                          Last edited by juice; 08-22-2004, 11:52 AM.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Fairway To Green

they may not be lieing but theyll do things like this.

Travis...If all of a sudden Willis was taking your starting spot on day 1 what would you do? ........Oh, I dont know I guess Id want to be traded.

Then when it hits the papers they say "Travis says he will demand a trade if Mcgahee gets to start."

They will manipulate anything and take things out of context to sell crappy newspapers and cause turmoil in the locker room.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

I want you to show me where the media is directly lying to us? They have never misquoted either back that I have seen, and as FTG has shown us they didnt take the Henry quote out of context. As for McGahee he didnt lie to them and if Im a reporter and Drew Rosenhaus comes to me and says his client will be demanding a trade if he's not the starter you damn well better believe that ill report it. Dont say the media is lying for the idiot comments of some agent.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X