PDA

View Full Version : Donahoe tries to defuse RB controversy

The_Philster
08-22-2004, 08:13 AM
Buffalo Bills President and General Manager Tom Donahoe insisted Saturday that no matter what's being said outside the organization, there would not be a running backs controversy involving Travis Henry and Willis McGahee.
Henry left the Bills' preseason game against the Tennessee Titans with 6:12 left in the second quarter after getting crunched by linebacker Keith Bulluck on an incomplete pass over the middle. The Bills said Henry suffered a rib injury, but X-rays were negative. The Bills did not immediately know how long he would be out.

Donahoe held a brief news conference minutes before kickoff in an attempt to squash talk that McGahee would demand to be traded if he's not the starting running back this season. Henry will be the No. 1 running back unless he suffers an injury that sidelines him for an extended period. An injury to either, of course, would end any controversy....more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040822/2014435.asp)

Mr. Cynical
08-22-2004, 05:40 PM
"There is nothing to see here. We have everything under control. The reports are all lies."

BAM
08-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Way to go, Tom. :bf1:

EDS
08-23-2004, 07:55 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the whole "running back controversy" is overblown? The whole thing about McGahee asking to be traded if he doesn't start better be a bunch of crap - which I think it is. If he did say it then definitely trade him. I could understand him making those comments next summer if he shows something on the field during the season, but making those comments now before proving himself on the field is ridiculous.

A guy like Deshaun Foster in Carloina would be more justified in asking to be traded then McGahee because he performed well last season, particularly in the playoffs.

The Spaz
08-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the whole "running back controversy" is overblown? The whole thing about McGahee asking to be traded if he doesn't start better be a bunch of crap - which I think it is. If he did say it then definitely trade him. I could understand him making those comments next summer if he shows something on the field during the season, but making those comments now before proving himself on the field is ridiculous.

A guy like Deshaun Foster in Carloina would be more justified in asking to be traded then McGahee because he performed well last season, particularly in the playoffs.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=52487