PDA

View Full Version : Who exactly is reporting Willis did not say he wants to be dealt?

DraftBoy
08-22-2004, 09:05 AM
I believe I saw somebody said they heard it on WGR? Im not saying he said or that he didnt. I just find it hard to believe that he tells a local radio station yet continues to allow the local papers, and national media to go on with this lie. So somebody clear it up, where did he say it, what did he say and can you provide a source?

Novacane
08-22-2004, 09:22 AM
TD had a press conferance before the game last night and said Willis says he never said any of that. It had to have come from Rosenhous

Ebenezer
08-22-2004, 09:32 AM
TD had a press conferance before the game last night and said Willis says he never said any of that. It had to have come from Rosenhous
Everybody is denying it and after last night everybody should just stop. Willis does not have the explosion. He is timid and not ready. Henry now has a rib injury that will keep him out of the next game. This is why you have two RBs on the roster. TD and MM need to just call them in, sit them down and point out the facts and tell them to play.

DraftBoy
08-22-2004, 09:35 AM

FTG im sorry but to hear it from TD's mouth doenst exactly ring with truth in it. I was referring more to a news agency. but hey TD saying it is good enough for me, for now. I dont necessairly agree with you that its Rosenhaus. Alot of people are just looking for somebody to blame.

Novacane
08-22-2004, 09:46 AM
FTG im sorry but to hear it from TD's mouth doenst exactly ring with truth in it. I was referring more to a news agency. but hey TD saying it is good enough for me, for now. I dont necessairly agree with you that its Rosenhaus. Alot of people are just looking for somebody to blame.

A news agency? They are the ones that want to get a RB controversy going. Willis says he did not say it and I believe it. It would contradict everything he has been telling the local media all pre-season. about not being 100%, willing to play where they need him, etc etc.....

If you guys wanna go ahead and believe he did a total about face and started complaining to profootball talk of all media outlets :rolleyes: than go ahead and believe it.

Ingtar33
08-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Willis says he didn't say it
TD says he didn't say it

that means this story is either a pipe dream cooked up from some AP reporter

-or-

Drew Rosenhuas is blowing smoke up someone's ass, like he did earlier this post season when he "started" the rumor that Miami was contacting the bills about acquiring Travis Henry.

tampabay25690
08-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Willis says he didn't say it
TD says he didn't say it

that means this story is either a pipe dream cooked up from some AP reporter

-or-

Drew Rosenhuas is blowing smoke up someone's ass, like he did earlier this post season when he "started" the rumor that Miami was contacting the bills about acquiring Travis Henry.

Its funny because I am even reading about this RB drama we have in the Tampa Tribune everday now. I was sick to my stomach yesterday when there was a article stating McGahee wants out if he doesn't start.....

Then today in the Tampa Trib, it said that why is Henry one of the most Underrated backs in the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it is good to see some Bills stuff in Tampa!!!!!!

TigerJ
08-22-2004, 11:36 AM
It originally was an AP story supposedly citing a league source. I too think it has all the marks of a Rosenhaus ploy. I'd like to see McGahee can his agent.

Kelly The Dog
08-22-2004, 12:03 PM
It originally was an AP story supposedly citing a league source. I too think it has all the marks of a Rosenhaus ploy. I'd like to see McGahee can his agent.

I think it was originally an AP story from "a source close to McGahee" who told the AP that Willis would not be happy if not the starter opening day, and that that source wanted to remain anonymous. It sounds to me like Rosenhaus or even his brother, especially after Willis reportedly said yesterday that he would be "upset if it was his agent". His agent's brother is a different story. That is the agent's job though, get his client playing time, money and publicity.

DraftBoy
08-22-2004, 12:12 PM
especially after Willis reportedly said yesterday that he would be "upset if it was his agent".

Where is that from? I hadnt seen or heard that comment anywhere?

Novacane
08-22-2004, 12:18 PM

On the post game show last night Willis said he never said those things 96.9FM radio in Buffalo. I did not hear him say that he would be mad if Rosenhaus said them.

Kelly The Dog
08-22-2004, 12:30 PM

Here it is:

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=0489

DraftBoy
08-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Here it is:

http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=0489

Awesome find man! Now we just need to email this to ESPN and every other major news station