PDA

View Full Version : Henry's Injury

Fryin' The Fish
08-22-2004, 12:51 PM
What does this mean for McGahee??

This is from the Official Website...

Starting running back Travis Henry was forced to leave Saturday's preseason game against Tennessee after being hit by Titans linebacker Keith Bulluck with 6:19 left in the second quarter.

Henry was attempting to haul in a Drew Bledsoe pass thrown on the run when Bullock drove him into the turf. Henry was assisted off the field by a pair of Bills trainers and was carted off to the locker room where he received X-rays on his ribs that turned out to be negative.

"I threw it back in there, and it just looked like he caught a good shot," said Bledsoe. "I probably should have given him the ball a little bit sooner, either that, or taking it and running it myself."

Henry said he knew right away that he had brusied his ribs.

"It was the same thing that happened to me when we played against Miami," said Henry. "I'll be ok. When he hit me and I hit the ground I landed in an awkward way and it put some strain on my ribs but I feel all right. I felt the same type of symptoms that I felt when I hurt it the first time. It was the same exact spot so I knew what it was."

Although there's never a good time for an injury, Henry is relieved the injury occurred early in the preseason.

"It's not good but it couldn't happen at a better time considering it's still the preseason and we've got two more games before that first regular season game," he said. "If something bad could happen, it happened at the right time."

Novacane
08-22-2004, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=Fryin' The Fish]What does this mean for McGahee??

QUOTE]

It means he'll get to play with the first team next week and maybe the next. Sept 12th Travis Henry will be the starting RB.

saviorbledsoe
08-22-2004, 01:50 PM
[QUOTE=Fryin' The Fish]What does this mean for McGahee??

QUOTE]

It means he'll get to play with the first team next week and maybe the next. Sept 12th Travis Henry will be the starting RB.

exactamundo!

if a worse injury only kept Henry out 1 week of a losing season last year then nothing short of the hand of god is going to keep him out a single game this year with the promise of the playoffs on the line and his starting position as well. He will start on September 12th.